UK theme parks from another point of view!

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:14 pm

Ah right okay, will check it out... how come in Alton Tower's original tweet, '#SW' as in secret weapon was present? just makes me wonder...
Image 2014

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Unless they use SW7 to some other extent, a part of the back story is that recent works in The XSector has uncovered a previously unknown part of the towers where these experiments took place.... Sounds very "Hex/Nemesis/13/ Alton" esk in general really.

Should be cool to have new content though.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

sweedish2009
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am

Am I the only one who finds the name of the group 'Ministry Of Joy' abit, well..........pants?

I know it's early days and there is no guarantee it will tie into SW7, but it doesn't exactly chill the bones does it, Ministry Of Joy?! :?
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 am

sweedish2009 wrote:
Am I the only one who finds the name of the group 'Ministry Of Joy' abit, well..........pants?

I know it's early days and there is no guarantee it will tie into SW7, but it doesn't exactly chill the bones does it, Ministry Of Joy?! :?

Isn't the ministry of joy the name of the batsh*t crazy controlling government in orwell's book 1984?

Ooops, looks like it's actually the ministry of love. But it still sounds like they took inspiration from it by using something that has connotations with happiness and use it on something nightmarish.

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Ministry of Joy would make a great rollercoaster name in all fairness. It's 100x better than most of the tripe that rides get called.

sweedish2009
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Morgano wrote:
Ministry of Joy would make a great rollercoaster name in all fairness. It's 100x better than most of the tripe that rides get called.

I really don't see it as a stand out 'oooooooo whats that' kind of name. It's just not a roller coaster name. I'll bet my own mother on it. :lol:
Now's not the time for fear. That comes later.

Follow me on Twitter- https://twitter.com/one_hung_low

Oblivesis
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:41 pm

Seen this: http://www.ukparknews.co.uk/entry/cms/a ... ster-2013/

It's title states SW7 will be Multi-Inverted, but the article talks about the centre-piece object ((Presumably the Spider)). Just another rumour?

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Oblivesis wrote:

It's title states SW7 will be Multi-Inverted, but the article talks about the centre-piece object ((Presumably the Spider)). Just another rumour?

I'm not quite sure what you're on about?

Oblivesis
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Wait, no. My tiredness has done me wrong and I have read Inversion as Inverted. >.< Thought It made no sense...

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Happens to the best of us  ;)

Oblivesis
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Well, whilst I'm still tired, I figured I may aswell look at the plans for a while.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/att2l.jpg/

This picture got my attention, but I have no clue what it's saying. Anyone know what the boxes are outlining? Oh, and please tell me if I'm posting another misread thing again. >.<

cool_boy_jon
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:25 pm

It seems the red box is outlining the station building, (behind the ride of course.) The green box is the maintenance building, and the blue seems to be outlining the station platform!  :P
The only thing I like better than roller coasters,Alton Towers, Towers times and Theme Parks is HARRY POTTER, yes, I am a Potterhead and proud of it! :)

ry1996
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:31 pm

^ I thought the blue was the shop, and the station platform was above.

Oblivesis
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Ah. You know what, i think your right...  :O

Well, I think I'll throw myself onto the right track and say some random thing I know is correct and you all probably do too.... [Thinking....] The Spider Theming object will have LED Lights and [Entering Not Confirmed Area] may possibly interact with riders in a themed way.

There, I'm free of sin! And I'm going to attempt to sleep...
Last edited by Oblivesis on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scw55
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Oblivesis wrote:

I feel like an idiot :P I only just learnt it will have 11 inversions (and the plans have been out for over 6  months). I knew there were a lot of inversions, just not 11.
I hope the world's first isn't "first to have 11 upside downy bits" because that's 1 extra than Colossus and that seems cheeky and I thought a park in Asia was getting a Inverted Coaster build with 11 inversions.

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:55 pm

been looking at the plans close up and is the vertical lift confirmed? because with such a big brake run before is it possible to have some sort of horizontal lift, possibly launched upwards?... could be the world first element if not indoors which i believe it is. just an idea. thoughts?

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Is they really 11 inversions? I really hope this is not the world first ..  How disappointing !

scott.smith
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Here is a picture edited on paint  to give you a idea of how the way the rollercoaster enters being in relation to where the public exit section is.

Key:
Yellow-Markers placed on site.
Green-Where I think later markers will be placed on the site, by the plans.
Blue-Foundation area for the public exit of the building.
Grey-Foundation walls.

Image from the King on Costerforce
Last edited by scott.smith on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vladimir Bobinski
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Not sure how reliable this is.....

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/ach ... 2012.shtml

And also the "hardware" for the roller coaster project secret weapon 7 in the English Alton Towers theme park is provided by the Swabians. The large roller coaster 2013 planned to start of the season will be built on the site of the former Black coasters black hole, and overcome almost 25 meters within the sloping topography. The roughly 1000 metre-long roller coaster will offer a large number of inversions and be powered by two Liftsystemen, including a vertical lift, with the necessary energy.

FYI a Liftsystemen is a TurboJet, typically used in short take off and vertical landing, IE F35.

Why on earth something like this would be used I haven't figure out yet.  My presumption for this extra depth so far has been purely plant machinery basis.  Partly for the noise!

I can understand Gas Turbine power generation, especially for a magnetic launch system, but not something like a Liftsystemen.

dominoes
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:21 pm

^ Launched left hill? Cause if they make things for short takeoff and landing, then it may be perfect for launching up a fairly short lift hill.