UK theme parks from another point of view!

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:43 pm

Yes, some people will be dissapointed.

tworandom
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:54 pm

It would be interesting if you knew anything to do with the construction schedule I know its slightly off topic but hey

scw55
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Is your name&signature/avatr relevant to the forbidden information?

scott.smith
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:01 pm

scw55 wrote:
Is your name&signature/avatr relevant to the forbidden information?

I though that "Spin Doctor" is a very realistic name for this ride but  his account was created in 2005

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm

No, Spin Doctor is a retired Fabbri Booster from Blackpool Pleasure Beach, it was my favourite ride at the time I created the account. Although I do agree it would suit this ride with the Spirals and Medical themes revealed to us already. I know nothing about the rides name, layout or anything, I know simply what is being refered to by World Beating/Worlds first.

scott.smith
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 pm

I never had chance to go on that ride, back to the topic would you be allowed to spill out some information regarding if the secret element is indoors or not ?

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:37 pm

Well I have spoken to the Towers Times admin, who have told me not to reveal anything about the ride on here. If they have a change of heart, I will be happy to reveal exactly what I know, which like I said previously, will probably raise more questions than it answers.

NutterFrutter
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:57 pm

What is the foolishness?! I want to know what the secret is!!! :D

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 pm

If enough people decide they want to know, I could post it on one of the other forums such as Towers Street or Coaster Force. I havent read this whole thread but I have noticed on some forums people still are uncertain about the manufacturer thinking Maurer Sohne a possibility. I can confirm this is a Gerstlauer Eurofighter coaster with standard trains. Im sure most of you knew that already but for those that dont, there you go.

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:12 pm

Ie Iron Shark lapbars? If it's OTSR's I will be super p***ed. (70's Show anyone?)
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:33 pm

lap bars would be good but im not too bothered if we do get OTSR's as long as its SMOOTH unlike saw.

JoshC.
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:45 pm

I for one don't see the big issue about it.

If AT wanted us to know what the 'gimmick' if you will is now, we'd probably already know now.  They're putting a lot of effort into creating a big build up and keeping everything secret; why anyone would want someone to post the big secret and ruin Alton's work into marketing this is beyond me.

Yes, there's natural curiosity and such, and no doubt 95% of enthusiasts probably want to know what it is, but why ruin the surprise now?  We may as well ask the park to not bother marketing rides to such an extent and just tell us everything from the word go. 

So please, a polite request to everyone, if you really want to enjoy SW7 and appreciate it for it's whole experience, keep the 'secret weapon' just that until AT decide such a time is appropriate and don't give in to excitement and desperation and ask for leaks to be posted on the internet...
Who is Lez Cougan?
I am Lez Cougan.
We are Lez Cougan.

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:07 pm

This may come as unwelcome news to some but Merlin really dont care much for what enthusiasts know. To such an extent that we are mocked in the offices at Merlin HQ in Poole. Even if construction started before the end of the season, it takes an enthusiast to scrutinise photos and speculate about what will be, the general public just see a construction site. The towers arnt at a loss from us knowing the secret, we are loyal and will visit no matter what, having it revealed to the mass public however limits the abilities of the marketing department because it prevents hype and hype brings guests. The use of shipping containers in many Merlin attractions are a running joke for the financial department at Merlin because they are so cheap and make enthusiasts so angry yet the general public really dont notice or even care. SW7 will use a shipping container. I dont know if this appears on the plans or not, if not then that certainly suggests potential changes to other aspects of the plans such as layout etc.

The decision to take down a lot of the Fanta theming in X-Sector seemed to spring from the opposition of people in this forum, with a kindly worded letter from the Towers however, whilst this may have contributed to the decision, it came from a certain person at Merlin whos objection alone to the obtrusive nature of the theming was enough to have it taken down.

In order to speculate on more likely results, its important to think of Alton Towers as a business. As enthusiats we know a lot about coasters from all over the world so we know what is possible so we expect more. What we consider to be gimmicks, are what gets the general public buzzing.

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:23 pm

So is it lap bars? That is the only thing I care about.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

spin_doctor
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:31 pm

The Moon wrote:
So is it lap bars? That is the only thing I care about.

Im sorry I dont know this, I just know its a standard eurofighter car nothing new. Lapbars would be great but I somehow doubt this will happen.

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Lapbars on a coaster with this many inversions..... in the Health and safety concious Britain is that gonna be possible?!?!?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm

possibly, but yano look at hyper coaster's they got hundreds of feet high with just a lap bar!

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

Nemesis Of Oblivion
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:54 pm

How long will the inside section approximately be?

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:18 pm

if the inside bit has some sort of special effects or illusion i'll be happy and a decent drop like saws

spark
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:30 pm

I would love to see the ride feature a split ride feature, so when you have left the station then it will take you either one way or the other,