UK theme parks from another point of view!

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Trains are the only way I see this working.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

andyuk200523
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Nightfall wrote:
Actually I thought The Swarm cost £18m, that's the figure I remember the marketing announcing. I know this still make the fact incorrect but as I was under the impression SW7 was costing £20m it would still be the biggest investment even if the facts have been muddled.

Merlin is dreadful for mucking around with the budgeting numbers anyway so I wouldn't rely on it either way. But that aside I believe The Sentinel have been correct in the past and the figures they have quoted have come directly from the park.

I would have thought that the figure Merlin advertised for the Swarm included the infill of the lake, this is very very expensive, so could possibly put the Swarms actual ride cost at approx £16 million.....
Andrew

Next Trip - No Idea!
Thought when exiting The Smiler - "Which way is up?"

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 pm

X Flight, very similar in layout, cost 12 million dollars, around 8 million pounds, including theming. Coasters are relatively inexpensive, even B&M's. So SW7's Gerst built track and cars is the minority in the £18 million.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Does anyone think it is possible for them to use standard euro-fighter cars but 4 rows ??

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:47 am

Instant Mix wrote:
Boz wrote:
AdamPanic wrote:
Does any know the size of the holes in the "interacting feature"? Is it wide enough for Oblivion sized trains? ie 8x2rows.

They are not ;) the only way 16 would work is 4x4.

Why, do you have any proof? ;)

I'm assuming that's a joke :) If not, click the link in my sig ;)

Krazycoaster wrote:
64 per ride must mean standard 8-seater trains. But 8 are on the track curcuit at one time. This makes 64 however I wouldn't of though the track would be long enough...

Based on my diagram a couple of pages back, I can fit 11 block sections onto the ride , making it very feasible. If you like I can alter the diagram to show where these are likely to be?

Stealth_Lover
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 am

Anybody seen todays Birmingham Mail?!? ;op

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:09 am

No whats in it!
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:17 am

Stealth_Lover
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:23 am

Yes, Boz!  :)

Although, if you're not going to Scarefest, I feel you'll be missing out on the back story?
Last edited by Stealth_Lover on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:47 pm

I don't think Towers are going to be giving anything away in the maze, that won't eventually be included in the ride. So I don't think visiting the maze is necessary to understanding SW7.

On a completely unrelated theory, I just had a brain wave. Any one travelling from Uttoxeter to Towers will have seen the JCB sculpture in the field along the way. Just thought of it and wondered if there was any possibility that the "spider" could be made of something similar?
The shadow it casts, is very similar to the angles being used in the "spider's" legs

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Boz wrote:
On a completely unrelated theory, I just had a brain wave. Any one travelling from Uttoxeter to Towers will have seen the JCB sculpture in the field along the way. Just thought of it and wondered if there was any possibility that the "spider" could be made of something similar?
The shadow it casts, is very similar to the angles being used in the "spider's" legs

I said it looked/reminded me of that when the plans were released. Maybe someone from the creative team were driving past, that fateful morning off theme planning! :lol: Doubt it will be made like that though, the one, if we do end up getting for SW7 will be a little more of a skeleton rig with fibreglass covering over it I would of thought?

nemesislover
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:09 pm

hi i am new on here but thought people would like to know that you can see the plans for SW7 here http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... 1WJPG0D700

didnt know if anybody had seen them on here yet.
you can see pics and all the details.

JaykeAT
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Welcome to the forums,the plans where released January time so most enthusiasts have seen them but I'm sure a few haven't! :lol:

scott.smith
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:38 pm

Is it just me that thinks 165 seconds is a bit short compared to the plans, i mean the secret element must be quick and it must have a launch section.

JoeGibbon
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm

165 seconds is almost 3 minutes  :lol: that's a long time for a rollercoaster. Especially a Merlin one  :P

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 pm

scott.smith wrote:
Is it just me that thinks 165 seconds is a bit short compared to the plans, i mean the secret element must be quick and it must have a launch section.

The NoLimits recreation without the indoor section lasts 1 minute 50. Assuming the recreation is correct, which I believe is as good as it gets, this would mean that the whole of the indoor section lasts 55 seconds seconds. The 1:50 doesn't include BRs at the end or a way of getting back to the station.

Interesting stuff

DoubleOh7
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Well assuming the trick track stuff is all true Im guessing we will have some kind of 'film' to watch in the indoor bit too showing disturbing images etc. Most films and stories where people are 'brainwashed' involves the use of making them watch a film (clockwork orange anyone?) and given that on the Alton teaser video set in London and during the Sanctuary queue line the video has strange images flashing on it inbetween the bits of Dr Kelman (or whatever his name is) it seems to point to this? Im not going to scarefest for another couple of weeks so dont know an awful lot more about the Sanctuary but there may be more elements there which could give a clue possibly?

I wonder if we'll also get another element to it on the cars such as ticklers and effects a la Subterra?
Last edited by DoubleOh7 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:58 am

From the newest construction photo you can now see the footers in the indoor section :-)

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:15 pm

JayJay90 wrote:
From the newest construction photo you can now see the footers in the indoor section :-)

Where are these photos?

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 pm

Apparently Alton have released a statement today saying the trains will have a 16 seat capacity in the form of 4x4.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”