UK theme parks from another point of view!

SE13
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 pm

Anyone seen the planning applications for the Marmaliser? On the elavation drawing the sphere shaped body of the spider is labeled as being covered in LED screens.
Any ideas what they'll be used for?
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... &module=P3
Last edited by SE13 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Nope! ;) but I am very curious. One of my wild ideas was 3D screens, but you'll prob be moving too fast for it to be effective.

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

SE13 wrote:
Anyone seen the planning applications for the Marmaliser? On the elavation drawing the sphere shaped body of the spider is labeled as being covered in LED screens.

In The Smiler Game trailer things like; '15 rotations' and 'join us' can be seen on them, so I guess the screens will be used to display messages like that - possibly what was seen on the posters that were up over Feb half term.

oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:09 pm

SE13 wrote:
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... &module=P3

those images AT posted on Twitter a while ago did kind of look like they could be easily translated into videos.

lucy2244
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Benji wrote:
This is probably a crazy idea but me and lucy came up with this:

What if 'the marmaliser' is actually representing a spider and all of the track is its web? I'm not sure how this could tie in with the theming, but what if it was sort of what doctor Kelman sent you too. "Enter the marmaliser (the spider and its web) and get corrected." For example, the web could be what doctor Kelman has created to try and get people to smile? He will always have our thoughts in a spin :D

Yeah, I believe we could be onto something here. Many people refer to the marmaliser as a spider and I think they might be correct to do so. We know the track is very close together, and weaves in and out just like a spiders web; meaning the 'marmaliser' is putting out thoughts in a spin. Wrapping us up until we become too enclosed and our senses are overridden. I realize it's a really crazy idea, but it's a nice kind of crazy, the kind of crazy that makes could sense :)

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Boz wrote:
Nope! ;) but I am very curious. One of my wild ideas was 3D screens, but you'll prob be moving too fast for it to be effective.

Just a thought;

The riders faces are projected (individually) on the screens with their smile transformed into a smiler. This could be done and it would give off an amusing effect.

Interesting to see what happens.

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Guy's I have to say I'm very suspicious about the 15 rotation picture. I tried to look for it in the trailer ended up with 3 texts :?:
1. Smiler (Smiler style letters white)
2. Smiler (Big Smiler style letters gray)
3. Join Us. (Smiler style letters white)
Also I tried to look through pictures of the site it self yet nothing.  :|
So I want to know where it came from. It's just I don't believe something I haven't seen with evidence. :?

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:36 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:
Guy's I have to say I'm very suspicious about the 15 rotation picture. I tried to look for it in the trailer ended up with 3 texts :?:
1. Smiler (Smiler style letters white)
2. Smiler (Big Smiler style letters gray)
3. Join Us. (Smiler style letters white)
Also I tried to look through pictures of the site it self yet nothing.  :|
So I want to know where it came from. It's just I don't believe something I haven't seen with evidence. :?

It's right at the end of the 3 parts you pointed out. Right before it switches to the part where the doctors face flashes up. It's displayed for about 1 second, you have to time it real good.

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm

After several attempts of a personal shot of the 15, somehow I got lucky. ;) Now something I noticed at mine shot is that it seems the 15 is followed by what seems a number. This could just be me seeing things so I decided to upload the shot and have you guy's decide for yourself. ;)
So what do you think?

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:06 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:
After several attempts of a personal shot of the 15, somehow I got lucky. ;) Now something I noticed at mine shot is that it seems the 15 is followed by what seems a number. This could just be me seeing things so I decided to upload the shot and have you guy's decide for yourself. ;)
So what do you think?

I can see the 15 and I something after it but I think it might just be a line but I could be wrong.
Previously known as Coastermadpearce.

The Terminator
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

Going back to the Eurofighter argument as it was me that said it wasn't I'll explain why it isn't.

The train is completely different and there is no beyond vertical drop THE signature Eurofighter element.

The only thing that's the same is the manufacturer and a passing resemblance to the track.

If Smiler is a Eurofighter then Oblivion by that logic is a wing-rider.(same track and manufacturer)
I WILL be back

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:27 pm

It was shown somewhere on a different thread that it says 15 rotations..

AndreJD
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm

The Terminator wrote:
Going back to the Eurofighter argument as it was me that said it wasn't I'll explain why it isn't.

The train is completely different and there is no beyond vertical drop THE signature Eurofighter element.

The only thing that's the same is the manufacturer and a passing resemblance to the track.

If Smiler is a Eurofighter then Oblivion by that logic is a wing-rider.(same track and manufacturer)

Let's be honest, it's a Eurofighter if Gerstlauer call it a Eurofighter. It's not a Eurofighter if they don't. We'll have to see how far they want to stretch the brand.

And 15 rotations is just easier to market than inversions I would think.

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:32 pm

danwhit709 wrote:
It was shown somewhere on a different thread that it says 15 rotations..

That's this thread two pages back. ;) And Rotations stands under it I mean I believe I see something behind it. It could just be rotations and that makes me even happier if it does ends up with 15 inversions. ;)
(On the moment I still believe 14 as I can confirm all 14 of them. A 15 hasn't given any hint of existence yet but the number. ;))

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:33 pm

The Terminator wrote:

No, compare, design specifies that a Eurofighter (new generation) the more we new it would be more logical to think that is a design change, but still Eurofighter, which has not fallen beyond upright does not mean that the new generation needed.
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

NutterFrutter
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Rotation doesn't mean inversion though...  :roll:

vinyljunkie
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:40 pm

im sure i read somewhere about the smiler and it said "1 revolution per patient"

Mattfat1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 pm

If the first lift hill is launched there could be an inversion at the top so theres your 15 without the break run one.
Last edited by Mattfat1 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:46 pm

Mattfat1 wrote:
If the first lift hill is launched there could be an inversion at the top

Too bad we should have seen the track going inverted on that point already yet it isn't banked at that point. ;) So won't happen.

Mattfat1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Not necessarily, looks like a nice steep drop into the first turn could be a big Zero G up there with the supports for it on the lift hill which we don't 100% know the size, scale of yet..

But if your right this could disprove the launch idea, it's a pretty obvious place to put one if it was a launched hill so maybe its just a chain...