UK theme parks from another point of view!

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Yeah it looks like mist and projections probbaly part of the marmalising effects good spot :D

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:59 pm

tleady wrote:
Just spotted this on towers nerd, another insight into the station however there are stairs going up and i thought the station was at to level? Speculate?
Mist or CO2 blanket

I would say the stairs on that photo are for ride exit, as you are going to have to go up to get back over the track to the exit stairs down into the shop, and the other set will be for ride ops to get to the booth.

TomL
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:25 pm

Well stage one is recruitment (ride entrance?) and data capture, ride photo? A jab... poke in the back like sub terra? or It could be in the Que line?

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:32 pm

I remember someone posting an image taken from the game trailer of one of The Marmaliser's legs that had a few syringes on it. So could each leg be given a name depending on what it's role is in the 'marmalisation process'? Furthermore, the use of 'pass by' suggests to me that you could be on the train, rather than in the queue, also we know from the game trailer that marmalisation takes place on the outside track, and the interior section beforehand is just the preparation for it.

EDIT: Or could it be the name for the van theming??? Although it slightly contradicts my above point (but keep it as a separate idea), Stage 1 was recruitment, so it could be that the van is there to recruit people, as it doesn't really seem to have a purpose at the moment. It would begin the process and then directing them off to The Smiler...
Last edited by lewis97 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 pm

I am more convinced that the trains themselves will have 4D effects. Marmalisation in The Sanctuary involved the afore mentioned 4D effects, and if marmalisation is set to take place outside on the track, then surely 4D effects have to happen out there too.

Now fitting such effects to near misses will mean that different riders have different experiences, perhaps some not being affected at all. However, marketing for The Smiler has made it clear that each rider will be given the necessary attention to make them smile, and the only way you can do that with 4D effects is to make them individual to each rider, by attaching them to each seat. Now, I'm not saying there won't be effects on The Marmaliser as well.

How else are you going to give riders the feeling that they are actually being given a jab, other than using a back poker in the seats?

To conclude;
  • World's first = first coaster to use 4D effects on the train
  • World Beating = Most number of inversions

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:01 pm

lewis97 wrote:
I am more convinced that the trains themselves will have 4D effects. Marmalisation in The Sanctuary involved the afore mentioned 4D effects, and if marmalisation is set to take place outside on the track, then surely 4D effects have to happen out there too.

Now fitting such effects to near misses will mean that different riders have different experiences, perhaps some not being affected at all. However, marketing for The Smiler has made it clear that each rider will be given the necessary attention to make them smile, and the only way you can do that with 4D effects is to make them individual to each rider, by attaching them to each seat. Now, I'm not saying there won't be effects on The Marmaliser as well.

How else are you going to give riders the feeling that they are actually being given a jab, other than using a back poker in the seats?

To conclude;

its posible :)
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:28 pm

lewis97 wrote:

To conclude;

The only issue with that is that back pokers because severely problematic when it comes into play , physics wise. If you've got 2 or 3 G pushing you into the seat, and you've got a back prodder poking out, that's going to have the relative force of being jabbed three times as powerful as it actually is. Bruises, and in the worst case scenario, broken / dislocated spine injuries could arise.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm

I would love to see 4d effects in the seats... and in terms of when it would be used, can imagine it being used when in the preshow area before the first lift hill (that being there is no secret element).
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:32 pm

tleady wrote:

Just spotted this on towers nerd, another insight into the station however there are stairs going up and i thought the station was at to level? Speculate?
Mist or CO2 blanket
mist

CO2 blanket... Slightly poisonous lol

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 pm

DeanGaryCox wrote:
I would love to see 4d effects in the seats... and in terms of when it would be used, can imagine it being used when in the preshow area before the first lift hill (that being there is no secret element).

same it would be good as long as they dont have those pesky back prodders, cant stand them lol

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Discussing, Posting, or revealing any details from The Pulse is a violation of employees contracts with Merlin Entertainments.

I'll be removing any posts which do this. Sorry but I'd rather people kept their jobs! The Pulse is a confidential internal document and those leaking it are being rather careless with no real thought to the actions the Resort could take on those responsible.

JoshC
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

I know that the Pulse is strictly for employees only, but if Alton Towers were so strict about Pulse articles being posted outside of the resort, then I'm sure they wouldn't have authorised this.

M3tabolic
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 pm

JoshC wrote:
I know that the Pulse is strictly for employees only, but if Alton Towers were so strict about Pulse articles being posted outside of the resort, then I'm sure they wouldn't have authorised this.

The difference being that the above article was released with permission from AT.

JoshC
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Why would they release something that should be exclusive for employees?

Adz
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:25 pm

That particular article we were given express permission to post

Other than extreme rare cases like that, nothing from The Pulse is to be revealed. It's that simple.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 pm

i doubt 'water squirters' or whatever you wanna call them are gonna be built into the seats/train as that requires a water source and for a moving object like the train wouldn't have a connection pipe to allow so... so if this was an effect wouldn't be on the trains. but i like the idea of leg ticklers, back prodders, and someone else mentioned about heart rate monitors... would love to see this!
Image 2014

tigzie1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:27 pm

M3tabolic wrote:
JoshC wrote:

The difference being that the above article was released with permission from AT.

Fair enough but, the pulse is to inform and create talking points but not for re-publication and towers staff should know that! The smiler colour is obvious anyway and  Oblivion pictures were released with permission to re-publish  not quite the same as posting something from the smiler.

I think the secret element is really going to boost the ride, I just hope it's not a one trick pony like 13.
13's drop track is awesome but its only awesome once, then you know it's there where as the secret element would be brilliant if it was as unpredictable as the outcome of the ride itself. Ie: more than 5 spins less than 10 etc.
Much like the tower of terror rides where they have a random number generated for the different cars each and every time.

JoshC
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Adz wrote:

Other than extreme rare cases like that, nothing from The Pulse is to be revealed. It's that simple.

It just seems a bit inconsistent that they are very strict about it being for employees only, and then they go and allow an article to be shown for all the world to see.

Anyway I should probably stop going off topic...

I don't think that there will be back prodders, this would require each car to have its own compressor, and I'm sure that would be rather expensive and unneeded.

tigzie1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

:P What about random generated spins? on the "Secret Weapon"?
Also the spider says 15 spins but it had 16 inversions so i don't get why?

oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:37 pm

JoshC wrote:
Adz wrote:

It just seems a bit inconsistent that they are very strict about it being for employees only, and then they go and allow an article to be shown for all the world to see.

Anyway I should probably stop going off topic...

I don't think that there will be back prodders, this would require each car to have its own compressor, and I'm sure that would be rather expensive and unneeded.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the information was leaked anyway, and the repaint would have been evident on the aerial updates. TT negotiated a deal with AT to report this in a professional, official way so as to let AT have their control over the information given, rather than leave it out in the open, leaked without resort representation. It was the most logical decision AT could have made. There is a reason a publication available for employees is for employees only. If it was meant to be public knowledge, it would be.

I think perhaps the '15 spins' sign could mean "15 so far completed?"