UK theme parks from another point of view!

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:57 pm

James97 wrote:
#SmileTrials wrote:
Could someone please help and explain? I don't know what a 'trick track' is and how it is intended in The Smiler?

Its a piece of track that disconnects from the main track and moves in some way like the piece of track that drops on thirteen or a piece of track that slides across to take the train or ride car into a maintenance shed. The smiler will apparently have a trick track which disconnects and spins around before the train enters the first lift hill.

Where did you read this? (about the turning)

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:25 pm

Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote:
#SmileTrials wrote:
Could someone please help and explain? I don't know what a 'trick track' is and how it is intended in The Smiler?

Its a piece of track that disconnects from the main track and moves in some way like the piece of track that drops on thirteen or a piece of track that slides across to take the train or ride car into a maintenance shed. The smiler will apparently have a trick track which disconnects and spins around before the train enters the first lift hill.

Its been a rumour for ages, everyones always on about it on the forums.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:43 pm

James97 wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote:
#SmileTrials wrote:

Fair enough, i think that doing it all backwards would be a little dull makes those near misses a bit pointless to be fair  :/....

EDIT: This pretty much cant happen seeing as we have all the brake run in place with no trick track to turn the train back around... it could be backward from the start... but it cant turn around mid way through

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:46 pm

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/wp-con ... eming2.jpg

Just remembered this theming... does anyone reckon we may see something along the lines of a CO2/ Mist wall going through these... or for them to spray water at us... or have these disappeared entirely?

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Phild94 wrote:
http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/sw7/wp-con ... eming2.jpg

Just remembered this theming... does anyone reckon we may see something along the lines of a CO2/ Mist wall going through these... or for them to spray water at us... or have these disappeared entirely?

Im almost certain the promo art (smily riders ostrs spider etc...) has the spikey tunnels in the background. There also appears to be construction in those areas.

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote:
#SmileTrials wrote:

Fair enough, i think that doing it all backwards would be a little dull makes those near misses a bit pointless to be fair  :/....

EDIT: This pretty much cant happen seeing as we have all the brake run in place with no trick track to turn the train back around... it could be backward from the start... but it cant turn around mid way through

He doesn't mean turning as in turning the ride cart around so its facing backwards. He means the track rotating in turn, turning the train upside down - like a stationary barrel roll.

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote:
#SmileTrials wrote:

He doesn't mean turning as in turning the ride cart around so its facing backwards. He means the track rotating in turn, turning the train upside down - like a stationary barrel roll.

Rotating was the word I was looking for!

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:27 pm

James97 wrote:
Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
James97 wrote:
#SmileTrials wrote:

Rotating was the word I was looking for!

Thankyou XD I was starting to think I had been reading a different forum for the last 4 months haha

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:16 pm

When I held up the scanner at the smiler image with the girl with the giant mouth it shows the ride going round, when it gets to the vertical lift hill it doesn't slow down, it just shoots up, could it still be a launch or is that ruled out?

Coasterfan312
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
When I held up the scanner at the smiler image with the girl with the giant mouth it shows the ride going round, when it gets to the vertical lift hill it doesn't slow down, it just shoots up, could it still be a launch or is that ruled out?

I don't know why that's there, but due to G-Force and evidence from the game and such, it's still almost definately a chain lift, especially the vertical one.
Smiling since 1997.
Theme Parks Visited: 19
Rollercoasters Ridden: 75

AndreJD
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:35 am

danny.g97 wrote:

My thinking was that it was a choice by the developers to make the model always interesting to look at. If it went up the lifthill slowly there'd be a long gap between cars shooting round the track which doesn't look as good. As already said, the hill would be a different shape if it were a launch. Of course the actual hill could be different than the in-game one, but that's a different story altogether.

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:18 am

I think the theming not had any change, we got a basic idea of ​​the layout, but nothing else appeared to start building the smily logo throughout the park and in the barriers.
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:18 am

AndreJD wrote:
danny.g97 wrote:

My thinking was that it was a choice by the developers to make the model always interesting to look at. If it went up the lifthill slowly there'd be a long gap between cars shooting round the track which doesn't look as good. As already said, the hill would be a different shape if it were a launch. Of course the actual hill could be different than the in-game one, but that's a different story altogether.

Don't forget there are still elements to be added which included inversions so the game as we have it currently isn't gospal - still subject to change. As the topic title states, this is speculation & I still strongly believe there will be a launch :D

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:00 pm

I found this in the sun, it says:

"The report found the ultimate thrill-factor has five 'acts'. They are:

The Inoculater: A jab of happiness as you pass by.
The Tickler: Tickles you until you can't resist smiling.
The Flasher: A giant flashing device, blinding you as you hurtle underneath the leg.
The Giggler: As infectious and intoxicating as laughing gas.
The Hypnotiser: Has the power to disorientate and disrupt your self-awareness."

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Benji wrote:

The Flasher: A giant flashing device, blinding you as you hurtle underneath the leg.

Yeah, they seem like the definitions for each of The Marmaliser's legs, as they are also used in the game.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:21 pm

i think the inoculator will be the jab in the back of the seat like they use in nemesis sub terra, the flasher will be the lights at the start of the ride that flash while your doing the barrel roll, the giggler will be like a compressed air cannon that blows into your face as your going by, the hypnotiser could be the secret element as the train is spinning round and the tickler i cant think what the hell that could be?

These are just my ideas, and hope they are right  :lol:

TomL
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 pm

Benji wrote:

So its not laughing gas...

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:32 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
i think the inoculator will be the jab in the back of the seat like they use in nemesis sub terra, the flasher will be the lights at the start of the ride that flash while your doing the barrel roll, the giggler will be like a compressed air cannon that blows into your face as your going by, the hypnotiser could be the secret element as the train is spinning round and the tickler i cant think what the hell that could be?

Building on your point; I didn't go in The Sanctuary so I'm basing what follows on what I've heard about it.

So, there was a marmalisation process in The Sanctuary which seemingly used the same devices as The Marmaliser of The Smiler will;

The Tickler - Leg ticklers near ground level (uncertain how this would be implemented into the ride)
The Inoculator - Water squirted onto guests
The Hypnotiser - Pictures on the screens above guests
The Flasher - Strobe and rapidly changing multicolour lighting
The Giggler - Not sure about this one, but were smoke effects or air cannons used, because then that's what they'd represent

So I think we'll be seeing similar effects, to represent each thing, in The Smiler.

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:53 pm

lewis97 wrote:
danny.g97 wrote:

Building on your point; I didn't go in The Sanctuary so I'm basing what follows on what I've heard about it.

So, there was a marmalisation process in The Sanctuary which seemingly used the same devices as The Marmaliser of The Smiler will;

The Tickler - Leg ticklers near ground level (uncertain how this would be implemented into the ride)
The Inoculator - Water squirted onto guests
The Hypnotiser - Pictures on the screens above guests
The Flasher - Strobe and rapidly changing multicolour lighting
The Giggler - Not sure about this one, but were smoke effects or air cannons used, because then that's what they'd represent

So I think we'll be seeing similar effects, to represent each thing, in The Smiler.

Yes, I remember air cannons being used. One thing that I remember was how you all stood in a line and to either side of you was clear plastic sheets, just like the ones in mental hospital..I wonder if this will be incorporated into the ride.

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 pm

This is the only video I've managed to find of The Sanctuary's marmalisation, but it gives a rough idea of what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OVvvRxuus