UK theme parks from another point of view!

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:48 pm

I think there are 15 inversions as the Spider says 15 rotations on it in the game so maybe this means inversions.

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:49 pm

I am certain that the world's first will some how tie in with marmalisation. It i something that was prominent in The Sanctuary, and appears to be central to The Smiler - with The Marmaliser.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:22 pm

What I am worried about is where will the proposed SE fit? Because I don't want the 'rocket launch' but this is the most probable scenario IMO, there is no room for hardly ant thing but many think the washing machine will not happen but I nether disagree or agree,it could happen but with only 2 rotations so to support the suspected rumour of 1 invention per rider as 13 in the outside, 1 on the inside and 2 in the chamber. This would make the chain lift seem a lot more exiting as you will get your self back to normal finding yourself going over the drop, this is how I hope it shall go with 'special elements:

indoor heartline
Pre-show
Washing machine
Batwing
Launch toward vertical hill not the rocket launch
Cobra roll
Double roll at the end
At hopefully a end show which I shall now describe

End show- you enter at rapid pace and stop quite harshly so to cause a slight jolt,next a door behind closes and the room is sent into complete darkness,next you hear screams and dr.kelmen say final phase active, the lights re appear and the room you are in is now cold and white a heart beat is heard and all of a sudden a large pop is heard with the room being plunged in to complete and back pokers giver each rider 2 jabs at different times, now a spirals every where start spinning with strobe light flashing through this whole sequence laughs and screams can be heard now air cannons are shooting and water spray felt. Now the next part will probably not happen if the washing machine does but here we go anyway. Now along with all the effect the back pokers stop and the track rocks from side to side to give a motion finally the effects stop weirdly and you a plunged into darkness again all of a sudden fire burns to the side of riders at a safe distance and the lights rise again to you some how being in the room you were in before and you move throughout two newly opened door to your exit 

It could be the worlds first 4D coaster (as in all the effects not like X2) or the world first 'rocking' coaster
Last edited by Owen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MTyJHVWdQU

if we go by the updated pov animation, from the first lift hill to then end break run has a duration of approximately 110 seconds... this leaves 55 seconds unaccounted for from the released duration of 165 seconds. The indoor drop and inversion at the beginning will take a small amount extra off that duration remaining, but still leaves between 40 and 50 seconds for what? the preshow, the secret element (washing machine?), another section possibly on or just before the second lift hill?..
Image 2014

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:53 pm

I know it doesn't inlcude the dive loops and the other inversion at the end... but i timed myself playing the smiler game (without using boost) - and got 100 seconds, which accounting for the dive loops and extra inversion would be near enough the same as the 115-120 seconds from the animated pov...
Image 2014

KevBales
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Interesting... I think the vertical lift will take longer than it does in that video. I've just been watching videos of Saw and Speed and the vertical lift takes quite a bit of time about 30 seconds on Speed. This could make up more time maybe?
"If they open the vault they're meddling with things they don't understand... they should just leave the vault alone..."

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:50 pm

So the mental effects have just been confirmed as
the hypnotiser swirls
flashing lights
the incoulatour needles
and laughing gas this seems strange as i dont think laughing gas is allowed to be released like that.

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:51 pm

KevBales wrote:
Interesting... I think the vertical lift will take longer than it does in that video. I've just been watching videos of Saw and Speed and the vertical lift takes quite a bit of time about 30 seconds on Speed. This could make up more time maybe?

This.

The timing won't be the same as on the game or the recreation.

AltonBuzz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:13 pm

altontowersbarlow wrote:
the hypnotiser swirls
flashing lights
the incoulatour needles
and laughing gas this seems strange as i dont think laughing gas is allowed to be released like that.

I think 'The Giggler' will just be some pretend gas canisters with mist/sound effects. :)

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:14 pm

altontowersbarlow wrote:
the hypnotiser swirls
flashing lights
the incoulatour needles

They won't actually release real lauging gas, one: it doesn't actually make you laugh since it's more of an anaesthetic, and two: prolonged exposure to the stuff is harmful. Personally I reckon it's just a couple of air cannons.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 pm

JayTricky wrote:
KevBales wrote:

This.

The timing won't be the same as on the game or the recreation.

well i know it won't be for exact, but i'm sure there is some relevance... it's just interesting to try and work out hoe much time is left unaccounted for, for the preshow etc. to happen.
Image 2014

Saz
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:31 pm

Perhaps the 'tickler' element will be enhanced by a vibration in the seats.
Yes it's a floating hedgehog.

Adrian
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, and I'm probably way off the mark but after reading the mental effects it puts me in mind of 3D cinema effects, for example - the needle that pokes you in the back on It's a Bugs Life and the mice running over you feet on Honey I Shrunk The Kids at Disney. Maybe effects built into the train seats?

undeadarmy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:42 pm

The thing i'm thinking is, I can see a 4d Element happening as advertising it as the worlds first 4D coaster sounds really appealing to the GP and kind of futuristic. BUT, how on earth will these effects be used while the train is moving? (ie: past the tickler...)

I think the Worlds First will be a Marmalisation Room (yep, cliche) with darkness, flashing lights special effects and shizzle (like Hex esque spinning), and I think THIS is when the 4D effects will be used.

I don't really see the Washing Machine happening, unless it is like linked in with something a bit like what I just said. But yeah, my guess is 'Worlds First 4D Coaster',

either that or something nobody will ever think of, I think this ride is going to be pretty groundbreaking in terms of coaster design.

oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 am

undeadarmy wrote:
The thing i'm thinking is, I can see a 4d Element happening as advertising it as the worlds first 4D coaster sounds really appealing to the GP and kind of futuristic. BUT, how on earth will these effects be used while the train is moving? (ie: past the tickler...)

I think the Worlds First will be a Marmalisation Room (yep, cliche) with darkness, flashing lights special effects and shizzle (like Hex esque spinning), and I think THIS is when the 4D effects will be used.

I don't really see the Washing Machine happening, unless it is like linked in with something a bit like what I just said. But yeah, my guess is 'Worlds First 4D Coaster',

either that or something nobody will ever think of, I think this ride is going to be pretty groundbreaking in terms of coaster design.

there is already such a thing as 4d coasters

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 am

undeadarmy wrote:

Well they have had plenty of practice on 4D effects if the truth be told could that be why they did Ice Age 4D and Nemersis Sub-Terra to test the market for these effects?

undeadarmy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 pm

oliviamae wrote:
undeadarmy wrote:

there is already such a thing as 4d coasters

I know but I mean in the way of effects, they'll probably make a new fancy name up for it ;)

scw55
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:00 pm

For some reason the assumption of "Electric shocks" came into my mind when thinking of The Smiler.
Might have been from a dream.
Might have been from subconscious thinking.
Might have been remembering previous SW7 posts.

However, there would be issues with visitors with electronic prosphetics.

However you do have the 'shock pens' which just vibrate violently. No conductivity, but it 'feels like a shock'.

Nathan Clulow97
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:03 pm

Has anyone else thought that when you get tickled you laugh(smile

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:37 pm

scw55 wrote:
For some reason the assumption of "Electric shocks" came into my mind when thinking of The Smiler.
Might have been from a dream.
Might have been from subconscious thinking.
Might have been remembering previous SW7 posts.

However, there would be issues with visitors with electronic prosphetics.

However you do have the 'shock pens' which just vibrate violently. No conductivity, but it 'feels like a shock'.

You mean the things which vibrate so fast they send muscles into spasm causing them to tighten up so it feels like an electric shock.

I highly doubt that as they are very unpleasant and probably pose some sort of health risk if conducting in a chair..