UK theme parks from another point of view!

Evil Lewis
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:10 pm

I seriously just hope that, whatever secrets this ride holds, that there's nothing too gimmicky in terms of 4d effects or secret elements, to the point where it might actually detract from what promises to be an amazing rollercoaster. Like if any part of the marmalisation process could potentially make riders feel uncomfortabe/uneasy to the point where they may not enjoy the experience.

Am I making any sense?

Basically I'm saying that from the layout alone this is gonna be an awesome ride and the worlds first 14 inversion coaster. I just hope they don't go OTT and possibly spoil it.
Evil

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Just realised, anyone with photosensitive epilepsy couldn't get within 10 metres of this ride without going into a fit. That's a shame. My cousin liked the look of The Smiler...

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Buschgardensfan wrote:
Just realised, anyone with photosensitive epilepsy couldn't get within 10 metres of this ride without going into a fit. That's a shame. My cousin liked the look of The Smiler...

Especially if the indoor drop has the flashes like on the game...

DrReeve
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm

youarecorrectsir wrote:
I still say that most inversions is NOT a worlds first. If there are other rollercoasters that have had the title for most inversions then how can it be a worlds first? World beating, sure but I still think if they say they have a worlds first, they really mean it will be the first seen.
Colossus is a world first 10 inversion just because its inversions doesnt mean its not a world first.
Image credit to Lewis97

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:59 pm

I would like a crawler effect on the seats... As you go past the tickler you can feel things crawling behind your seat... If you know what I mean

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Phild94 wrote:
I would like a crawler effect on the seats... As you go past the tickler you can feel things crawling behind your seat... If you know what I mean

That would make me itch it would feel like bugs on you

Danny

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Phild94 wrote:

The It's Tough to be a Bug attraction at Animal Kingdom pulls this off rather well :) It freaked me out! Although, I doubt we'll see anything like that on The Smiler as it isn't the most ticklish thing ever created.

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:03 pm

DrReeve wrote:
youarecorrectsir wrote:
I still say that most inversions is NOT a worlds first. If there are other rollercoasters that have had the title for most inversions then how can it be a worlds first? World beating, sure but I still think if they say they have a worlds first, they really mean it will be the first seen.
Colossus is a world first 10 inversion just because its inversions doesnt mean its not a world first.

It CAN be classed as a worlds first, because it would be the worlds first coaster to have 14 inversions, to put it simply it is the FIRST rollercoaster in the world to go upside down 14 times, i dont see how people can argue with that, there is no room for any washing machine style element.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:50 pm

We still can't rule out the washing machine element as ther is more than enough room for it before the first chain hill lift, also 14 inversions is world beating so there still could be a worlds first like the washing machine

xjame5x
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:53 pm

I agree IMO I doubt well be seeing a SE before the first lift there jus doesn't look like there's enough room for anything, also I like the idea of having effects on the cars I really hope Theres not a back prodder though I hate the one on sub terra so much I have to lean forward and put my hand over it lol

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Well even if its not there it could be near the end of the ride, the track only takes up around two minutes so something must add to the track to rack up the time to nearly 3 mins

Deejay
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 am

If the ride is 3mins long and we know that each part of the outside section is the same length (around 1 minute), 4 trains on the track at any given point, that means that the train has got a whole minute to get from the drop out of the station to the first lift hill.....on the game it only takes 10 seconds so I think you will find something very substantial between the first inversion and the first lift! As its roughly a minute also to load and dispatch a train.

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:38 pm

I think the spread in today's Sun confirms we will have a secret element, I still think it will be on that concrete bit next to the brake run (after the indoor drop/barrel role)
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:47 pm

What's the point in the washing machine now, when we have 14 confirmed track inversions? There isn't one. If there was then we would be looking at this having 18-20 inversions. Which isn't happening.

IF there is a secret element it WILL NOT be the washing machine idea. It will be something else.

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:51 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
I think the spread in today's Sun confirms we will have a secret element, I still think it will be on that concrete bit next to the brake run (after the indoor drop/barrel role)

Might have to explain how it confirms it?

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm

JayTricky wrote:
What's the point in the washing machine now, when we have 14 confirmed track inversions? There isn't one. If there was then we would be looking at this having 18-20 inversions. Which isn't happening.

IF there is a secret element it WILL NOT be the washing machine idea. It will be something else.

Where did I say it was the washing machine thing?

Evostance wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:

It mentions there is a secret element that has NOT been revealed yet.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:10 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
JayTricky wrote:

Where did I say it was the washing machine thing?

Evostance wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:

It mentions there is a secret element that has NOT been revealed yet.

I wasn't talking to you Matthew, hence why I didn't quote your comment.

It was regarding the endless hope and willingness for the washing machine idea to happen even though its almost an impossibility now. I just wish we could move on from it.

The evidence points to no trick track of sorts, but effects. How they can incorporate that into a marketable worlds first is beyond me.

daveclarkedaveclarke
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:10 pm

Evostance wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:

Anymore info on this? Some of us dont read the sun ;)

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:13 pm

I have noticed that on the smiler scanner, when you get the birds eyes view of the track with the trains going round, the carriage flys up the first lift hill then slows down towards the top. Is this more evidence towards the launch on the first lift hill?

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:15 pm

Benji wrote:
I have noticed that on the smiler scanner, when you get the birds eyes view of the track with the trains going round, the carriage flys up the first lift hill then slows down towards the top. Is this more evidence towards the launch on the first lift hill?

maybe and maybe not (as it is a game)