UK theme parks from another point of view!

undeadarmy
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm

might just be to make the model thing go round at a more equal page, I think this has been discussed on here somewhere, i'm not sure.

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:24 pm

JayTricky wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
JayTricky wrote:
What's the point in the washing machine now, when we have 14 confirmed track inversions? There isn't one. If there was then we would be looking at this having 18-20 inversions. Which isn't happening.

IF there is a secret element it WILL NOT be the washing machine idea. It will be something else.

Where did I say it was the washing machine thing?

Evostance wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
I think the spread in today's Sun confirms we will have a secret element, I still think it will be on that concrete bit next to the brake run (after the indoor drop/barrel role)

Might have to explain how it confirms it?

It mentions there is a secret element that has NOT been revealed yet.

I wasn't talking to you Matthew, hence why I didn't quote your comment.

It was regarding the endless hope and willingness for the washing machine idea to happen even though its almost an impossibility now. I just wish we could move on from it.

The evidence points to no trick track of sorts, but effects. How they can incorporate that into a marketable worlds first is beyond me.

I think it is probably safe to say that the washing machine element is not happening, it was just an idea that came about when people on this website received word that the coaster will have 14 inversions, seeing as there was only 8 revealed on the plans the washing machine seemed to be the only logical way that number of inversions would be possible. Now that we have seen that there were some inversions left off the plans we know that it isn't going to happen, although with all this talk of it i'm not sure it will be too long until a ride manufacturer actually does it.

I'm fairly certain the "Secret Element" will be 4D effects on the train, laughing gas being smoke or water/steam effects coming out of the train at you, the innoculator jabbing as you go past will be a back poker (not sure that will be too comfortable though on a moving coaster), giggler will be audio effects, tickler will be leg ticklers. The Flasher will be some sort of strobe effect, possibly doubling as on-ride photo.

Just my thoughts of what will happen.
Last edited by dazza4783 on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nathan Clulow97
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 pm

HAS anyone else noticed that the vertical lift on the map has no chain?

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Nathan Clulow97 wrote:

oblivion dont have ¡ :) and other atractions dont have a chain lift in the map
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

Liam B
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:01 pm

would not relate ANYTHING in the park map to be accurate on any rides or there position!

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Nathan Clulow97 wrote:

Neither does the first lift-hill, or any other lift-hill on any other coaster on the map. So unless they are putting a launch onto every coaster in the park i wouldn't read anything into it.

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Image floorless¡
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

Coasterfan312
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:55 pm

getothing wrote:
Image floorless¡

I always thought it looked floorless, but that might just be the art.
Smiling since 1997.
Theme Parks Visited: 19
Rollercoasters Ridden: 75

bigstanny
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

getothing wrote:
Image floorless¡
Good spot, but agreed that we shouldn't take these images as gospel.

oj
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 pm

I think the Smiler trains, if floorless, could be like this.
The Smiler is Coming...

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:27 pm

getothing wrote:
Image floorless¡

I'm pretty sure this can't be floor less as the station has none of the relevant drop away flooring

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

DoubleOh7
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 pm

Never ridden a floorless coaster (unless you cound SLC's of course) what are they like?!

Also, anyone find it slightly odd looking back at JW's interviews where he mentions he would never try and go for an inversion record or anything like that as he percieved that as 'boring'?! One then has to wonder what other tricks the coaster has got in store then?!

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:18 pm

DoubleOh7 wrote:
Never ridden a floorless coaster (unless you cound SLC's of course) what are they like?!

Also, anyone find it slightly odd looking back at JW's interviews where he mentions he would never try and go for an inversion record or anything like that as he percieved that as 'boring'?! One then has to wonder what other tricks the coaster has got in store then?!

You've never ridden nemesis then?
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:29 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
DoubleOh7 wrote:

Nemesis is not a "Floorless" coaster, yes Nemesis doesn't have a floor, but it isn't a Floorless coaster.

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:52 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
DoubleOh7 wrote:

Nemesis is a very different experience than Kraken (a proper floorless).

Personally, I find it a pointless gimmick. I have ridden Kraken and Sheikra, and found the floorless aspect didn't add much at all.

daboywunda
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 pm

So... I'm going away in May for 6 months and I've just renewed my Annual Pass over the phone. I happened to ask whether the agent knew when The Smiler would be open to see whether I'd miss the opening and have to ride it when I come home in October instead. The response was "no official date set for May yet" When asked if this meant that it could be towards the end of May the response was "potentially May Bank Holiday but they aren't ruling out a June opening, we just don't know"

Make of that what you will.

DoubleOh7
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:22 am

MatthewR1990 wrote:
DoubleOh7 wrote:

Yes of course I have I wrote 'unless you count SLC's' ie Nemesis. I was merely asking how and if a floorless coaster provided any more in terms of ride experience.

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:41 pm

DoubleOh7 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
DoubleOh7 wrote:

Yes of course I have I wrote 'unless you count SLC's' ie Nemesis. I was merely asking how and if a floorless coaster provided any more in terms of ride experience.

Not really, unless you like to look at track below your feet! :lol: (Nemesis is an Inverted coaster made by B&M, Kumali is a SLC by Vekoma - same ride type, different names for different companies :))

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Well there is a difference in the feeling of freedom and vulnerability between the 3 types.
Sit Down: You have the safe feeling of a steady floor beneath your feet and only have to worry on whats comes from above you. Most times you feel completely safe, like Th13teen's trains.
Floorless: You feel like riding a inverted (or SLC) coaster but with the track beneath you. What the diffrence is the near misses you have to worry if you aren't big enough to go through a tunnel, and you put your hands down when you feel like it. you are more in the open then a Inverted coaster. (Like Krake's (Heide park) Kraken)
Inverted: Take Nemesis it's the perfect ride to talk about. Nemesis has a lot trenches and since you come close to the ground you start worrying about the fact that you are not going to low. (You tent to lift your feet up) Most of the times you can't even raise your hands completely because of the OTSR. You have a lesser feeling of freedom here.
Wing ride: Because we talk about it this fits the rest. You have the complete feeling of freedom nothing above or below you and you. But that's also what makes you feel vulnerable from any danger. Take the Swarm who recently had the billboard added. You already look at it and you wonder if the hole is big enough for you and the train.
So that's the difference you have to know a ride is more then just track and the train but your environment also plays a role in the feeling of both freedom and vulnerability. ;) But If you ask me here we have sit down or els we saw a dropping floor already. :D

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:56 pm

this is speculation, soo... the problem is, is that there are many different hints/rumours which make it difficult to understand if there is going to be a secret element like the washing machine. because we've had the '5:14' on the construction image a while back along with the rumours of there being 14 inversions which are now confirmed as a minimum, but then there's the screenshot image from the game with the wording 15 rotations, and also another rumour of 16 inversions, 1 for each rider (which also the smiler logo has 16 teeth). grrrr.
Image 2014