UK theme parks from another point of view!

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:23 pm

That's the maintenance shed and is for transfer track from main ride to the shed above the indoor pre-show, i think if there is going to be any form of SE it would have to be over by the vertical lift, but IMO I don't think there will be a SE, I was a member of the washing machine club i have to admit and thought it would be a fantastic idea, however i personally think its all going to be pre show and then ride now, no SE, just an amazing coaster

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:27 pm

But it was deffinatley labled as the 5 marmalising elements and then jhon wardley clearly said their will be a secret that you cant experience untill you ride im not saying its the washing machine though  :D

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Phild94 wrote:
That's the maintenance shed and is for transfer track from main ride to the shed above the indoor pre-show, i think if there is going to be any form of SE it would have to be over by the vertical lift, but IMO I don't think there will be a SE, I was a member of the washing machine club i have to admit and thought it would be a fantastic idea, however i personally think its all going to be pre show and then ride now, no SE, just an amazing coaster

Sun newspapper has said that if there is a secret element .
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:36 pm

altontowersbarlow wrote:
But it was deffinatley labled as the 5 marmalising elements and then jhon wardley clearly said their will be a secret that you cant experience untill you ride im not saying its the washing machine though  :D

Doesn't matter they have been keeping 14 inversions hidden for a long time, and you wouldn't know about the indoor heart-line unless you were on a specific AT forum, and lets face it VERY few people actually know what the marmaliser will do as you pass it.

As much as i would love a worlds first (other than inversion count) i dont think this ride needs one... this is every ride you ever wanted in one... unless you were after a slow, family thrill ride with cup holders for your hot chocolates on a cold day XD....... i am 98% sure there wont be any trick track on this ride.... and if it is there great but i hope it isnt overkill :/

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:37 pm

getothing wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

Sun newspapper has said that if there is a secret element .

As i said..... SE does't have to mean trick track

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Jhon wardley has clearly said their will be an element you will not know about untill you ride so.... :D

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Phild94 wrote:
altontowersbarlow wrote:

Doesn't matter they have been keeping 14 inversions hidden for a long time, and you wouldn't know about the indoor heart-line unless you were on a specific AT forum, and lets face it VERY few people actually know what the marmaliser will do as you pass it.

As much as i would love a worlds first (other than inversion count) i dont think this ride needs one... this is every ride you ever wanted in one... unless you were after a slow, family thrill ride with cup holders for your hot chocolates on a cold day XD....... i am 98% sure there wont be any trick track on this ride.... and if it is there great but i hope it isnt overkill :/

Every ride you ever wanted in one? Surely Th13teen was that  :lol:

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:49 pm

getothing wrote:
getothing wrote:
I Think this ¡¡

is posible ¡

I feel I have revealed where is the secret element, makes sense since this is not for the Queline zone, is for the secret item :) vera and outside the track connecting with he.

There is no washing machine element, the space you have marked is for maintenance and train storage, nothing else.

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm

yes it was not me who said it was a washing machine but I still think their will be a secret element :D

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm

altontowersbarlow wrote:
Jhon wardley has clearly said their will be an element you will not know about untill you ride so.... :D

Yes and this could of been reference to a number of things like the hidden inversions (these are secret elements), 4d effects within the train are also something you won't experience until you ride. A pre lift show and effects would be something you could only see and experience on ride.

Everyone is taking his sentence out of context and going crazy about it. It's clear now that there is NO trick track indoors at all.

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54 pm

I never said it was a track secret element I was only pointing out that their is probbaly a world first 4d effect or something :oops:
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:17 pm

Or maybe the secret element that you have to ride to experence is ........................  the barrel roll under the station! i think this is going to be it. like saws secret drop!

this will be one of them. and there just playing on it

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Yeah I dont think they would say worlds first if there wasnt one  :D

Bullet Hell
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:35 pm

I adore the indoor section of Saw, I hope there is something very similar with The Smiler.

Maybe you get another special QR code to scan if you ride and buy an on-ride photograph?

Evil Lewis
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:43 pm

altontowersbarlow wrote:
(facepalm) It will be a worlds first.... The worlds first 14 (maybe more) inversion rollercoaster! Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

Not to say there won't be other aspects of the ride we don't yet know about... ;)
Evil

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Evil Lewis wrote:
altontowersbarlow wrote:
(facepalm) It will be a worlds first.... The worlds first 14 (maybe more) inversion rollercoaster! Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

Not to say there won't be other aspects of the ride we don't yet know about... ;)

yeah I agree!,
but I was refuring to the comment by john w in that there are secret elements you will only find out when you ride the smiler, got to be the indoor drop and video bits

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:26 pm

simononestop wrote:
Evil Lewis wrote:
altontowersbarlow wrote:

yeah I agree!,
but I was refuring to the comment by john w in that there are secret elements you will only find out when you ride the smiler, got to be the indoor drop and video bits

The indoor drop and heartline clearly isn't something which you will only find out upon riding The Smiler, as it is featured in the game. Also if AT didn't want anyone to know about this TT would still be asked to censor their pictures accordingly, but now it's common knowledge revealed by AT they don't need to.

The secret/world first elements will be the 14 inversions, and the 'marmalising' effects.

Kirsty25

Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:30 pm

lewis97 wrote:
simononestop wrote:
Evil Lewis wrote:
altontowersbarlow wrote:

yeah I agree!,

The indoor drop and heartline clearly isn't something which you will only find out upon riding The Smiler, as it is featured in the game. Also if AT didn't want anyone to know about this TT would still be asked to censor their pictures accordingly, but now it's common knowledge revealed by AT they don't need to.

The secret/world first elements will be the 14 inversions, and the 'marmalising' effects.

Well the inversions would be world beating rather than worlds first... marmalising depending what they are will be worlds first imo :)

Evil Lewis
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 pm

14 inversions can be described as both world beating and a worlds first. There may however be some 4D effects that AT try to market as a worlds first but to me that would seem a bit naff. I'm not against the idea of 4D effects, I just think that the record number of inversions is far more significant than some flashing lights or leg ticklers.
Evil

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Yes i totally agree but I was expecting something as big as thirteens drop not most inversions its a bit boring beacuse the record will probbaly be broken very soon with new roller coasters coming along :D