UK theme parks from another point of view!

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Sun May 12, 2013 4:30 pm

I think you've got it, well done. :) What if in the dark section they showed a hallucination video, much like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udKE49Gz3Wc

I think that done well enough and a pre show could could as a 'brain wipe.'

They faces  :shock:
Gave me a fright right enough, but when I looked away everything was moving it was so cool!  :O
That would be good to start the ride with everything wobbling haha :lol:

TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 4:33 pm

SwEDEN wrote:
I think you've got it, well done. :) What if in the dark section they showed a hallucination video, much like this:

I keep going back to this (and if it's been disproved please tell me so) but using the 3D image mapping (like in this example from Sony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrgWH1KUDt4) during (and before) the indoor roll with a pattern as above and maybe the odd image/other creepy thing popping out could seriously disorientate you, creating a feeling of rotation in a clockwise direction when you are actually rotating counter-clockwise (or vice-versa), referencing the disorientator.
Just a suggestion ;)
Accidental whovian, sorry

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 4:39 pm

53173 wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:

I keep going back to this (and if it's been disproved please tell me so) but using the 3D image mapping (like in this example from Sony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrgWH1KUDt4) during (and before) the indoor roll with a pattern as above and maybe the odd image/other creepy thing popping out could seriously disorientate you, creating a feeling of rotation in a clockwise direction when you are actually rotating counter-clockwise (or vice-versa), referencing the disorientator.
Just a suggestion ;)

Brilliant video, but doesn't this have to take place on a flat wall... The walls inside the tunnel aren't flat (if you get what I mean, because of the arrows), so it would not be pulled off successfully. :( That's my own opinion, please correct me if i'm wrong!

TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 4:59 pm

SwEDEN wrote:
53173 wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:

Just a suggestion ;)

Brilliant video, but doesn't this have to take place on a flat wall... The walls inside the tunnel aren't flat (if you get what I mean, because of the arrows), so it would not be pulled off successfully. :( That's my own opinion, please correct me if i'm wrong!

I think (with some very clever engineering manipulation of light rays/projection units, and a few of these projectors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb71cyvapzQ) it may be possible but would probably have to fitted to the track which would be highly unlikely. Really got no idea now, I guess I'll just have to wait  :help:
Accidental whovian, sorry

B3N7AM1N.712
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Is there going to be a smoke/mist effect where the train leaves the station and enters the indoor dark section like there is in the game?
Don't know if this has been mentioned already :?
:D THE SMILER :D

DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 pm

I think its great that everyone is still speculating about the worlds first feature on the smiler however I strongly believe that it is the worlds first 14 looping roller coaster and that is it. Alton Towers are now marketing it as this. It makes it world beating and a worlds first.

I dont think so, you see this is maybe the biggest project Alton Towers have undertaken, it is also Wardleys biggest and last project, and we also have to look at the Theme for the Ride. They are employing extra staff themed for the Ride the Smiler Advocates... They are putting a lot of effort.

Now i dont think Wardley would want to go out with his Last Roller Coaster simply being a 14 Inversion Record as this will be beaten within 3 years i am sure of it.  And as i said in my post going back to a Interview he did a few years back he said that he does not believe in Records like Worlds Tallest, Worlds Fastest and Worlds most Loops as they will be beaten over time and once your ride becomes Worlds 5th tallest or 5 most Loops in future then you not going to be remembered for that record.

The SW Coasters have something unique in each of them, Air was the first Flying Coaster and while others have been done that are bigger, faster and more intense like Manta at Sea World, down the line a more intense Flying Coaster would be made and people will not remember Manta as much as Air as Air will always have the record of being the First of its kind.

Wardley also said that he does not believe in gimmicks that do not add to a ride experience and the sight of seeing a few Large Needles as you fly past at 53MPH is after the first time you seen it, it will be just a gimmick, in fact The Egg in Nemesis Sub Tera is more of a  effective Gimmick than say the Arms of the Marmaliser if all they do is basically just the appearance of them...

Now if they add some kind of 4D experience then that would not be a Gimmick, when Laura went round the track listen and you can  hear every time she passes the Marmaliser you can hear some sounds, but they dont seem to effect her. She goes under the Giggler and you hear a hiss, but nothing else..

I would say at the very least you will get sprayed by a Smoke Machine, and maybe the other elements will be more interactive, who knows.

I certainly thing this ride will have a lot more to it than purely World Record Inversions

youarecorrectsir
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 8:40 pm

So this interactive panel at the base of the marmaliser...

Wouldn't it be cool if the guests in the queue were in control of the marmaliser legs? That is to say, as the train comes past, the queuers press the interactive parts at the marmaliser base and say the inoculator jets spray?

Would be a fun little addition I think!
"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"

DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Also Regarding the Fins.....

I am not sure they will use a free fall drop, they have done that with Th13teen and although yes a reverse one would be kind a Worlds First, it will be something that you would see while you watch the ride as your passing by.

Wardley hinted that you will only experience the Special Secret if you actually ride, it.

Now if the Seats do interact with the Riders then you will not notice that unless you ride it, and if the secret is in the indoor section again the only way to see it would be to ride it.

Also i think they want Duel the Trains and have at least 2 on the track at the same time, now having a Drop will take up time and having a launch will give them less of a way to hold up the ride so they can time it to synchronize more trains to Duel.

I think the lift hills are just that and that the ride that we saw Laura ride is the full track, with only the effects and interaction the Marmaliser will have and also the Indoor section, i feel they never had these effects on and also she never experienced the indoor section because they want it kept secret.

And there is a risk of word of mouth, you could tell some one you trust a secret, they tell someone they trust it and by the time its gone through 3 people well those who pass it on from them will just spill the beans.

DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 9:20 pm

OK well lets get onto the Indoor Section...

Now i think we may be able to rule out the Washing Machine, because well the only place it would go would be at the Start and the Track is complete.... but the Weather Girl Laura did not experience the indoor section why?

Could they had removed part of the track to install a Washing Machine?

I doubt it, as well if this gives us just one rotation its a bit of a waste of money to spin you once, ok added effects like a Barrel that rotates the opposite way with Spirals would give a illusion of more than one roll, but this would only be effective if the train rotates slowly.

Rotating the Train more than 3 times would be overkill but 2-3 times or one slow turn with a Barrel of 3D effect as well could create the illusion of more turns.......

But again while this would be a Worlds First, it would be a expensive and hard piece of technology to get working, but then while Thirteens drop is not impressive to some, its still a very ground breaking and complicated piece of  Mechanics etc.

I think the Indoor section will be the Heart Line Roll, but i think they will use a pre show and 3D Mapping to create a illusion.....

Now this is just purely Speculation but i will cover it in Spoiler Paste...

[spoiler]I think what we will see is your train will leave it will taxi down into the indoor section into a dark area where you cant be seen by those queuing up.

You will then be shown a pre show, one that will play with you mind, one where the Ministry of Joy will play with your mind and then say you are going through the process to prepare you for marmalisation.

Basically be you experiencing the preparation and brain wiping sequence like at the start of the game. This will be done via video trickery with 3D Projection mapping in a dark room, and there will be sound and maybe music, it will add to create a story and build up tension and anticipation and fear.

All of this will distract you from not noticing that a pulley comes under the train.

You will be told to stare at the Logo and in font of you it will start to swirl and hypnotize you.

At this point as your watching the room look like its spinning, you will then be fired off and drop down into the first Inversion a Heartline Barrel Roll.

You will then exit the indoor section and start to climb the lift hill.

At this point a 2nd Train will go and start the indoor section.

As the first train climbs the lift hill there will be speakers and you will hear the DR speaking to you, like they did to Miles Cedar in The Smiler - Smile. Always Part 2 Video.

I would imagine you will hear dont look down etc as you go up the Lift Hill and at the Top on either side will be Screens with the Smiler Logo, and they will be trying to get you to look at them instead of how high your going up.

This is when you will then start the main part of the ride or the Disorentator.
[/spoiler]

Bubbaride
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 9:35 pm

DaveBear wrote:

As much as I love your idea, we know the train wont be lowered in but will drop under the station

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Bubbaride wrote:
DaveBear wrote:

As much as I love your idea, we know the train wont be lowered in but will drop under the station

That's a big drop! But it looks like that just swoops down and straight back up, then what? :)

DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Thats what i am saying i think the train will disappear, have pre show and then you will be launched along the track and the track drops and by that i just mean the track like how it is shown in game... i.e no trick track.

You just get held up for a period and then you then go into the start of the barrel roll.

I think the main part of this indoor section is going to be illusions and using 3D Mapping, dont forget there was a article where Alton Towers where going to be testing Projection Mapping to create many illusions and also create the experience of going through walls that are not there etc...

And i think thats the trick there will be something going on where you can not see the track and it looks like your heading into the Smiler Logo or a Hypnotic Image and then you then start to go down the steep drop on the track and into the Barrel Roll.
Last edited by DaveBear on Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 10:06 pm

TT.... When will you release the uncensored aerial images.... Most of us havebseen tattenhills images..... It makes to felease them... We all know what's there :)

Please uncensor :)

Thanks in advance in case you do :D

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

rossdeadmanz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 10:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkotiCXZu6M

No reverse free-fall. The 2nd World's First Element will be found in the indoor section of The Smiler

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 pm

Phild94 wrote:
TT.... When will you release the uncensored aerial images.... Most of us havebseen tattenhills images..... It makes to felease them... We all know what's there :)

Please uncensor :)

Thanks in advance in case you do :D

The pictures were Uncensored months ago
I really hope for some sort of pre show on the first brake run indoors but then thought well that would really hold up the ride so to be honest cant see there being anything else hidden that we don't know other than maybe some tv's inside with the dr explain whats going to happen briefly

DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 12, 2013 11:11 pm

There will be more to the ride.

You  will have...

Stage 1:

Recruitment..... Basically as soon as you enter the ques.

Data Capture.... As soon as you enter the indoor part of the ques. (Photo Taken).

Stage 2:

Initiation....... maybe part of a que pre show just before you board train, or as soon as you board train.

Brain Wipe..... Again after the above.

Stage 3:

Processing..... This will be the indoor section (While on the Train), and some kind of show and special effects before your set off unexpectedly into the first Inversion via a launch..... maybe some illusion will make it look like your falling through the floor or going through a wall or screen and you will not see the track due to it being dark and use of special effects.

Marmalisation.... The Actual Remaining 13 Inversions and what ever the Marmaliser has in store.

Stage 4:

Is completion and you become Smiling Advocates.

DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 13, 2013 10:46 am

Well it wont be long before we will get to sample the ride 10 Days and Counting....

And i think there will be surprises to the ride, remember the people who tested the ride like the Weather Girl never appeared to had done the first part of the indoor section and the Marmaliser never really did anything but these are things that could be kept from those few who have tested the ride.

With a Indoor section we cant see, and any potential Marmaliser effects turned off, these can be kept secret until opening day, especially the indoor section.

I think the biggest points to take note would be what Wardley has said, and that is the ride has a number of Worlds First Elements and one under wraps Secret never been done before one that you will have to wait to ride THE SMILER to find out.

Again if we look at how in the past Wardley said the SW of all the coasters since Nemesis have something special about them and ground breaking Worlds First and not just record breaking, and how he said he does not support Gimmicks that in no way increase the effect of the Ride on the Rider.

Surely he is not going to bail out, with a 14 Loop Roller Coaster with a big piece of Metal Construction in the Middle with themed pieces stuck to the legs purely as a visual.

If so then what would become of his Legacy of making the Worlds First 14 loop coaster?

Lets look at Saw while not the first inverted angle negative degree drop Coaster, it was at its time the Most Intense and that 101° drop in combination with the 3 Inversions and the tension building pre show made this one of the best attractions in the country.

But Takabisha came out after and is a more intense version minus the theme pre show etc... Takabisha  had a 121° 43M Drop as opposed to the Saw's 101° 30M one and then it has 7 Inversions compared to 3. And down the line there will be a even more intense version than Takabisha

Will Saw be remembered for that drop and its 3 Inversions once many more similar but more intense rides come about?

With Air while Rides like Manta are far more intense versions, Air can still hold its head up as the Worlds First of its kind.

So the Smiler must have more to it, as well you could build a coaster using same layout as the Smiler Track and replace the 1st Lift Hill with a Vertical Launch like Stealth but much higher and into a Inversion be that a Inverted Drop, or a big loop or what ever...... then you could replace the Vertical Lift with a Taller one that has a Saw Drop but at say 125° and then lets say for added measure throw in 2 more Inversions and you get a 16 Inversion Smiler Track with 2 more intense Lift Hill experiences.

All Smiler would be left with is the Theme, and some 5 Legged Construction in the Middle that could end up just a Gimmick.

Wardley knows down the line, somewhere in the World there would be a more intense track experience with more inversions and high drops or launches, and i dont think he would want to go out with just having the current inversion record.

Thats why the Track or Disorientator i feel is not going to be the main part of the ride, it will be the complete experience from the Theme, the interactive Smiler Advocates the Marmalising Elements and what ever else they got up their sleeve they want to keep secret...

This will be Wardleys Last of his Legacy and as he has said, the best Roller Coaster he has ever designed.

DeadJack5
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon May 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Another world first:

Worlds most anticipated ride by the Towerstimes Forum ;)

Come on, we all know its true  :lol: :D
I'm the boy with the bubbles

triswar
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 13, 2013 9:00 pm

[spoiler]http://youtu.be/pED2r0C2WjE[/spoiler]

Indoor section?!?!!!! Really bad quality video makes me think purposeful leak or is it someone who broke in xD
SORRY IF THIS ISNT IN THE RIGHT TOPIC/NEW
XxXx AltOn ToWeRs Is ThE BeSt!! xXxX

sully1311
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 13, 2013 9:27 pm

triswar wrote:
[spoiler]http://youtu.be/pED2r0C2WjE[/spoiler]

Indoor section?!?!!!! Really bad quality video makes me think purposeful leak or is it someone who broke in xD
SORRY IF THIS ISNT IN THE RIGHT TOPIC/NEW

No, this was The Sanctuary. The title of the video even says so.