UK theme parks from another point of view!

King Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Alright.. Here is the maths for throughput..

Ride time is roughly 3 minutes (for simplicity in the maths)
64 on the track at one time.
3 x 20 = 60
20 rides per hour.
64 x 20 = 1,280

This means throughput is 1,280 per hour... roughly...

Although ive most likely worked out wrong as someone on TS is saying 1,728 per hour
Last edited by King Nemesis on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

----reece----
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:16 pm

If you look at  the saw trains anyway the 2 rows arnt solid together, like I said a couple of pages ago
I thought it would be easy to do 4 together because of that.

scott.smith
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 am

----reece---- wrote:
I'm so hoping for lapbars! But just gotta feeling they won't because general public would think its unsafe lol

The more people that don't choose to go on the ride=Less waiting time for me

Rob
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:36 am

----reece---- wrote:
If you look at  the saw trains anyway the 2 rows arnt solid together, like I said a couple of pages ago

That's what I'm thinking.

schmatt
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 am

scott.smith wrote:
----reece---- wrote:
I'm so hoping for lapbars! But just gotta feeling they won't because general public would think its unsafe lol

The 1.4m restriction makes me believe it will be OTSR  :(
Still theres always hope, are these facts from a valid source? For all we know it could be anyone, finger happy on their keyboard.  :roll:

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:24 am

----reece---- wrote:

They are separate but they don't bend.

It looks like the cart always stays straight while the wheels articulate to the tracks position. You can see the gap between the two cars also. (see above).

Paul007
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 am

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
so there is new hope that we could be getting the lapbar trains afterall!, now its just got more tense,let the train spectulation begin, im trying to find anywhere on the internet thats got pics from IAAPA this year and the gerst booth, they may have had somthing on show?

I'm also hoping for lap bars but if I had to put money on it I’d say OTSR's. I know it’s highly unlikely but how about both? One car has OTSR's and one Lap bars, or even do it by rows. It could affect loading with people making choices but it could also add to the experience and re-rides?

ADM182
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Afternoon All,

With the info the park released yesterday about SW7 being 165 seconds long and 16 riders per train, if we asume that only one cart on track at a time it works out to be about 21 per hour, thats only 336 people an hour, I think thats pretty slow isnt it!?

Even with 2 carts running at any one time were still only looking at 672 per hour, unless im wrong (which I regulary am) this is going to be a slow moving queue line! :(

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Thats a fair point, but realistically they are looking at having 4 cars on track at any 1 time.

There will be 1 loading with 1 in the secret element and then 2 over different point of the track for the dueling element.

with them all techinally being on track at the same time it puts projected throughput anywhere around 1280PH.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:18 pm

/\ What would be the point of having both? It would be completely pointless and slow down loading. The type of restraint doesn't really add to the experience per say, except some people may feel more unsafe/intimidated by just lap bars. It would just be totally pointless.

Hopefully, SW7 has lap bars and not OTSR.

djneice
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:20 pm

I'm sure it will be lapbars because they are making a new thrilling ride and other parks are getting lapbars and I'm sure Alton / Merlin want to stay in the game with thrills

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:02 pm

Is it just me that thinks two carriages of 4x2 together would look, well a bit, naff. I hope they make a whole new type of carriage!

Also, if only 4 carriages of 4x4 are on the track, then I don't think that would be enough. If you think about it, at least 2 on the outside (going around the 8 inversions), 1 on the trick track and 1 being loaded. Surely they could possibly fit another carriage being loaded to help throughput?

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

Alex
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Didnt it say 64 on the track, does that include loading as I'm sure that SAW has more, it seemed to have 2 loading most of the time.

Tom_Jephson
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:57 pm

You're all looking into this too deep. It will be exactly the same as the SAW trains
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!

The Moon
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:01 pm

How is that physically possible?
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:11 pm

They probably will do... i'd say there would be another on the final break run before the station - replace those passengers with the ones that are getting on in the loading bay and the calculation still works and its more accurate as the new passengers havnt technically got on the ride.

Do we think 7 cars altogetehr is a good guess?
Tom_Jephson wrote:
You're all looking into this too deep. It will be exactly the same as the SAW trains

How have you come to that conclusion??
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

Jevaaaans
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:12 pm

King Nemesis wrote:
Alright.. Here is the maths for throughput..

Ride time is roughly 3 minutes (for simplicity in the maths)
64 on the track at one time.
3 x 20 = 60
20 rides per hour.
64 x 20 = 1,280

This means throughput is 1,280 per hour... roughly...

Although ive most likely worked out wrong as someone on TS is saying 1,728 per hour

Using the full 165 seconds (2.75 minutes) it works out to be 21.86 rides per train per hour so it would be 21.

Then 16 (train capacity) times 4 (number of trains) is 64.

Times this by 21 gives you 1,344 riders per hour. I have no idea how they arrived at 1,800 odds but it is most likely wrong.

The Terminator
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:14 pm

I think is obvious that there will be a new train type here.
Come on think about about it, Hi we're Gerstlauer look at our new rollercoaster our biggest ever project and we've used rehashed trains.
This is thier shop window remember.
I WILL be back

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:16 pm

The guy on Towers Street pointed out that 1800PH would be an absolute max that the coaster could potentially hit.

He never actually said that the coaster would hit that at all... The calculations for that were explained and they could actually work out.

KJ91
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Riders per hour to me would be calculated as follows:

We know there are going to be 64 riders on the track at any given point and we know that they will be in 4 cars of 16.
So 4 divided by the 165 seconds suggests at most a train can be dispatched every 41.25 seconds.

Divide 42.25 by 3600 (seconds in an hour) is 87.27. So it is capable of 87 rides an hour.

Times the 87 by 16 (riders per hour x car capacity) gives 1392 riders per hour.

Thats my view any way