UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am

I don't mind having a launch BUT not vertical please [-o<

MartinDarko
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:36 pm

I don't know if its been mentioned but worlds first stand-up floorless?
I'm guessing it's not a likely scenario, but it is achievable on drop towers, with a bit of engineering it could possible on a rollercoaster car. Hopefully pain free too!

Nathan Clulow97
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:48 pm

Yes on construction page 88 86 87

rockportboy
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:00 am

I think the trains are going to be a worlds first as well as the secret element like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4iCbManmjw

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:27 am

I posted this in construction but I guess it's speculation..

It's obviously not to scale and also bright yellow (to show track better) but I mocked this up earlier in 5minutes to try and show what I think the hidden element of the ride is..

I still think/hope there's more

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 am

clayj wrote:
I posted this in construction but I guess it's speculation..

It's obviously not to scale and also bright yellow (to show track better) but I mocked this up earlier in 5minutes to try and show what I think the hidden element of the ride is..

I still think/hope there's more

The exit of the barrel roll comes out further left of the station entrance. The barrel roll would actually be happening under the station/brake run track.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 am

As I said, not to scale and made in 5 minutes lol

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:45 am

clayj wrote:
As I said, not to scale and made in 5 minutes lol

I've just made a quick one using coaster crazy ipad app (LMAO don't laugh it's all I have) it actually runs quite smoothly on that app and you come out of it at quite a slow speed and the barrel role isn't too forceful. But I still can't tell if there is a barrel role there. Lmao. There might not be.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 am

Thinking about a launch, I would still refer back to my original idea that it would literally make people smile. This wouldn't necessarily be achieved by speed, but more from how quickly it accelerates, and takes riders by surprise!

Here's a picture from Lynet, which shows that a launch, that would be around the same speed as the possible launch on The Smiler, can really make riders smile:

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:18 am

not a word first ¡¡
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:34 am

getothing wrote:
not a word first ¡¡

I'm not saying it is, but there could be something else in the ride to make it a world's first, the launch is simply an extra element to add.

simononestop
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:05 am

The world beating / first simply could be that it is one of a kind
they could believe no rollercoaster with this spec all together has been made before
2 lift hills, super tight inversions, a launch which I think will happen, indoor drop and barrel roll.
I think thay are just going to play on the fact is a total bespoke unique build not been done before.

and its not going to beat the inversions/tallest/ fastest.

just that they believe its going to be one of the best complete coasters built!

I hope not and it does beat the inversion record but at the moment thats the only thing left?

Henry
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 am

I have been wondering, would a floorless launch be possible?
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!

Bexbunce
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 am

rockportboy wrote:
I think the trains are going to be a worlds first as well as the secret element like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4iCbManmjw

I sort of think this wouldn't happen at all but if you look at the pictures of the game it does look like the sides of the train lift. Like in this picture.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/ ... 22d25b.jpg

As I said I totally don't think it will happen but just thought I would speculate.

Deejay
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Bexbunce wrote:
rockportboy wrote:

I sort of think this wouldn't happen at all but if you look at the pictures of the game it does look like the sides of the train lift. Like in this picture.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/ ... 22d25b.jpg

As I said I totally don't think it will happen but just thought I would speculate.

Hey, I'm not 100% but I think the theme of the game is staying on the track and not falling off!!!

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Repost from construction topic as its fits here too:

As we have seen from the recently released photo by Alton Towers that the support on the left is in an inverted position (As I've illustrated below):

Now there has been speculation for some time about an inverting drop which with the above support looks like it may happen. I then went back to The Smiler game app photos and this image looks very much like an inverting drop to me:

(Original image)

(My attempt at blowing it up a little)

As you can see, the train is coming out of a banking drop. Now the banking is correct with that support as you would roll right (clockwise) down the drop (you can also see the 'conversion zone' (bottom of second lift hill - black and yellow rectangles) to the bottom right of the image which can be seen in this photo:

So it is in the right place. Now before anyone says I can't see *insert element* on the game images that is because you unlock more as you go along. This has been sat in front of us for weeks and only now does it become clear. An inverting drop? Looking likely!

*removes detective coat* :lol:

Stardust
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:57 pm

I was thinking that possibly the 'world-first' element is that the coaster is shaped in a knot-like way, (from what we have seen on the photo's) correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen anything like that before. Anyway, it's just theory and speculation which is the most fun part of the build-up to the release date.
ℓσνє, ѕтαя∂υѕт

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Stardust wrote:
I was thinking that possibly the 'world-first' element is that the coaster is shaped in a knot-like way, (from what we have seen on the photo's) correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen anything like that before. Anyway, it's just theory and speculation which is the most fun part of the build-up to the release date.

It would be a 'worlds-first' but I think that would be slightly disappointing if they were to claim the 'worlds-first' element as that. But then again, perhaps they will, and then have the 'world-beating' feature as well...

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:32 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Stardust wrote:

It would be a 'worlds-first' but I think that would be slightly disappointing if they were to claim the 'worlds-first' element as that. But then again, perhaps they will, and then have the 'world-beating' feature as well...

I can't see that being the world first feature. I think the world first will be either world first self duelling coaster i.e the 2 halves of the coaster race each other. I believe for either SW1 or SW2 they wanted to do this but the technology wasn't in place to get the timing right on it. Or it will be world first vertical launch, there was some concept art released for a vertical launch coaster in X sector a while ago which was based on the oblivion concept art but with a shuttle going up the track instead of down. I know wicked has launch motors on it's vertical incline but it starts launching from a horizontal position so maybe the smiler starts going up the vertical lift, comes to a stop, and then launches upwards from an already vertical position.
The world beating element will probably be the number of inversions.

Or it may be the washing machine which would be both world first and world beating  ;)
Last edited by dazza4783 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:17 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Thinking about a launch, I would still refer back to my original idea that it would literally make people smile. This wouldn't necessarily be achieved by speed, but more from how quickly it accelerates, and takes riders by surprise!

Here's a picture from Lynet, which shows that a launch, that would be around the same speed as the possible launch on The Smiler, can really make riders smile:

Correct me if i'm wrong but there can't be a drop from the known track to a launch if there is one...... there is no footer for even this small ramp as seen on tats pics

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D