UK theme parks from another point of view!

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Speculation

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 pm

:shock: first support in from the left, second bracket down from the top appears to be past 45 degrees... leading me to believe this is yet another inversion :D

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Liam-AltonTowers
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Only just seen all these updates and I'm really confused about the drops, is just one of the drops inverted or are they both? Somebody please tell me.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Only just seen all these updates and I'm really confused about the drops, is just one of the drops inverted or are they both? Somebody please tell me.

Both.

Liam-AltonTowers
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 pm

So if these drops are inverted are they no longer classed as drops and classed as inversions?

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
So if these drops are inverted are they no longer classed as drops and classed as inversions?

Well Alton Towers calls them inverted drops. So both goes. These drops are two inversions of the 14/15 of the ride. ;)

arsenalfan-1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:48 pm

clayj wrote:

:shock: first support in from the left, second bracket down from the top appears to be past 45 degrees... leading me to believe this is yet another inversion :D

I think that is the inversion after the vertical lift hill. It looks to me like it will get to the top and then it will curve round before entering an inverted drop.  :?
Thanks Lewis97

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:51 pm

arsenalfan-1 wrote:
clayj wrote:

I think that is the inversion after the vertical lift hill. It looks to me like it will get to the top and then it will curve round before entering an inverted drop.  :?

No, is the drop the second lift, can be overbanked or inversions.
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 pm

getothing wrote:
arsenalfan-1 wrote:
clayj wrote:

Well it is a Inverted drop.

Inversions of the Smiler:
1. Heart-line roll inside (Shown on the aerial updates).
(Lift hill 1.)
2. Inverted drop 1. (Shown on the aerial update, pictures and Game SP)
3. 8 Shaped inversion (Shown on the plans and in Game SP)
4. 8 Shaped inversion (Shown on the plans and in game SP)
5. Bat-wing (Shown in the aerial updates, pictures, game SP and plans)
6. Bat-wing (Shown in the aerial updates, pictures, game SP and plans)
7. Corkscrew (Shown in Game SP)
(Lift hill 2.)
8. Inverted drop 2. (Shown on the aerial updates, pictures and Game SP) (Still only support though)
9. Sea-serpent roll (Shown in plans and Game SP)
10. Sea-serpent roll (Shown in plans and Game SP)
11. Cobra roll (Shown in plans, game SP, pictures and aerial updates)
12. Cobra roll (Shown in plans, game SP, pictures and aerial updates)
13. Barrel roll (Shown in Game SP)
14. Barrel roll (Shown in Game SP)
(Brakes)
(Possible inversion between: 4 and 5 not sure)
This is pretty much the lay-out has some secret features that I didn't include. ;)

phishphingaz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:34 pm

What's with the weird angled supports near the ground just above the left-hand digger in the above picture? There's one leaning over to the right and another inverted one attached to the vertical support next to that.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 pm

Going back to the "maintenance building" just after the indoor heartline when the train levels out.

I've thought wouldn't it be cool to have either, live actors or animitronics similar to the silent hill nurses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgnZLxqeCLQ

The ride is about getting corrected, mental health, institution from what I gather. The room would be pitch black and every couple of seconds the light would flash illuminating the room, and each time they get ever so nearer, then when they are like 3-4 foot away from the train, you get a hydraulic launch out of there.

I know the lift hill is practically meters outside the building which would make this almost completely unlikely, I personally would of loved this and have the hydraulic launch out of the building and straight into a vertical incline like Kingda Ka.

John Wardley has said on Bolton FM that there are special effects to disorientate its riders, and its a mental experience as well as a psychical.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

coliver
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Mabalzich wrote:
Going back to the "maintenance building" just after the indoor heartline when the train levels out.

I've thought wouldn't it be cool to have either, live actors or animitronics similar to the silent hill nurses: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgnZLxqeCLQ

The ride is about getting corrected, mental health, institution from what I gather. The room would be pitch black and every couple of seconds the light would flash illuminating the room, and each time they get ever so nearer, then when they are like 3-4 foot away from the train, you get a hydraulic launch out of there.

That would be awesome .. They could use the technology like on saw with the projected blades at the beginning at TP, especially being launched out unexpectedly. It would catch you every time with everything going on around you.
SMILE = 53173 = 5/31/13
IT'S OPEN :)

coliver
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:38 pm

phishphingaz wrote:
What's with the weird angled supports near the ground just above the left-hand digger in the above picture? There's one leaning over to the right and another inverted one attached to the vertical support next to that.

The builders are probably just setting up supports for some lower down track and yes it could mean another unexpected inversion ... This ride just gets better and better  :D
SMILE = 53173 = 5/31/13
IT'S OPEN :)

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:41 pm

coliver wrote:
phishphingaz wrote:

The builders are probably just setting up supports for some lower down track and yes it could mean another unexpected inversion ... This ride just gets better and better  :D

Looks more like they have to connect it to the nearby support. That one support has a connection point when the turn the weird one they push them together. ;)

Nemesis8ofRita
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:30 am

"There are five mind manipulating elements that you experience on the ride." From the radio interview with John Wardley. In the game preview video it says "Obedience is one of your 5 a day." Could there be a link?

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:45 am

coliver wrote:
phishphingaz wrote:

Looks like it should join up with that support but it has yet to be finally put in its place? There is room and looks like a connector on the top support for it to go so thats my guess...

Liam-AltonTowers
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:44 am

RCT3Bross wrote:
getothing wrote:
arsenalfan-1 wrote:
clayj wrote:

Well it is a Inverted drop.

Inversions of the Smiler:
1. Heart-line roll inside (Shown on the aerial updates).
(Lift hill 1.)
2. Inverted drop 1. (Shown on the aerial update, pictures and Game SP)
3. 8 Shaped inversion (Shown on the plans and in Game SP)
4. 8 Shaped inversion (Shown on the plans and in game SP)
5. Bat-wing (Shown in the aerial updates, pictures, game SP and plans)
6. Bat-wing (Shown in the aerial updates, pictures, game SP and plans)
7. Corkscrew (Shown in Game SP)
(Lift hill 2.)
8. Inverted drop 2. (Shown on the aerial updates, pictures and Game SP) (Still only support though)
9. Sea-serpent roll (Shown in plans and Game SP)
10. Sea-serpent roll (Shown in plans and Game SP)
11. Cobra roll (Shown in plans, game SP, pictures and aerial updates)
12. Cobra roll (Shown in plans, game SP, pictures and aerial updates)
13. Barrel roll (Shown in Game SP)
14. Barrel roll (Shown in Game SP)
(Brakes)
(Possible inversion between: 4 and 5 not sure)
This is pretty much the lay-out has some secret features that I didn't include. ;)

Thanks for that;) Everything sort of makes more sense. I hope they sort that pit out though, just in some way they need to make it look a little nicer otherwise it's going to ruin the appearance of the ride in general.

aaron j gallimore
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:53 am

Nemesis8ofRita wrote:
"There are five mind manipulating elements that you experience on the ride." From the radio interview with John Wardley. In the game preview video it says "Obedience is one of your 5 a day." Could there be a link?

I think so... Weren't there 5 areas in the sanctuary too?? What was the 'inoculation' thing about?  :shock:

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:01 am

aaron j gallimore wrote:
Nemesis8ofRita wrote:

I think so... Weren't there 5 areas in the sanctuary too?? What was the 'inoculation' thing about?  :shock:

That's a good point, AT released that graphic which said 'The Inoculator'. Perhaps it was just a red herring, or maybe it's the name of the SE. However, it wasn't something which came up in the app...

One definition of 'inoculation' is to introduce an idea or attitude into the mind , and there's something called 'Inoculation Theory' which I did a bit of research on a while back, which led me to some interesting discoveries! If anyone's interested in a more detailed report of those please PM me, and I should be able to send it to you :D

aaron j gallimore
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 am

If the point is to mess with our minds... are AT doing it now? I'm guessing a few last minute twists are in store!  :twisted:

truckaddict
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:10 am

I don't know if it's in the right topic, but just imagine they built the ride to big :/ what would happen then, another season in waiting?

Bi and proud