UK theme parks from another point of view!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Lead Piping wrote:
What would people rather have?

A ride which is fully working, complete and themed brilliantly

or

A ride which will need more theming, breakdowns, unfinished  will need work done to it after it is opened

To be honest it will probably have its fair few break downs any way no matter when it opens, it was the same with oblivion and TH13TEEN so I will put money on the fact it will break down at least twice in the first couple of weeks of operation, really it's a bit annoying but there never gonna be a perfect coaster 

ItsReece
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 pm

The worst thing is were gonna be able to see it testing which is gonna kill me to watch

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Not necessarily.... That all depends on weather X-Sector opens or not.
Last edited by Kenzie2012 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

LPAJ13
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Stand with a view around X-Sector... on top of towers roof.... around the lake.... ;)
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work

cammyproductions
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 pm

At least we've got the repaint of oblivion to look forward too ;) and I wonder if the sanctuary will be open on the 16th march?
Last edited by cammyproductions on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring on The Smiler in May! (Excuse my name i made this account a while back)

The Earl
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Kenzie2012 wrote:

X-Sector i don't think will be opening at the beginning of the season, if i'am honest i don't think we'll get into the area until The Smiler opens in May.

cammyproductions
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:06 pm

The Earl wrote:
Kenzie2012 wrote:

X-Sector i don't think will be opening at the beginning of the season, if i'am honest i don't think we'll get into the area until The Smiler opens in May.
Imagine the que of complaints at the box office if that was the case :shock:
Bring on The Smiler in May! (Excuse my name i made this account a while back)

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm

cammyproductions wrote:
The Earl wrote:
Kenzie2012 wrote:

Imagine the que of complaints at the box office if that was the case :shock:

Easily combatted.... At any time the resort can restrict the running of any of the rides and the line up of attractions can differ without prior notice give.

Discounted day tickets could be given before the opening of Xsector to ensure people aren't paying the full amount until the full line up is ready.

Complimentary bounce back entry is another way to say sorry for any inconvenience.

They will work it to their advantage if needed..... And in the long run, keeping Xsector closed will be the best course of action.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

george2v
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm

I actually get the privellidge of going into the park before it opens with a group of people and having it to ourselves. This year the date is set for 9th March, and because the entire park is opened up they have to open every single current ride - meaning Oblivion and the rest of the X Sector (apart from the Smiler) will have to be open from 9th March onwards!

jackcullen
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:36 pm

^ There's nothing stopping them just plain saying it's not safe for X sector to be open because of construction and keep it shut, they don't have to do anything. H&S will be there get out of jail free card here.

A vague May opening to me just says they're going to open it as soon as it's done but no gunarantees/

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm

george2v wrote:
I actually get the privellidge of going into the park before it opens with a group of people and having it to ourselves. This year the date is set for 9th March, and because the entire park is opened up they have to open every single current ride - meaning Oblivion and the rest of the X Sector (apart from the Smiler) will have to be open from 9th March onwards!

What!?!? That would be an epic day out!

I still think you'll find though, if they want a ride closed, no matter who you are, they will close it.

george2v
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 pm

jackcullen wrote:
^ There's nothing stopping them just plain saying it's not safe for X sector to be open and keep it shut, they don't have to do anything.

A vague May opening to me just says they're going to open it as soon as it's done but no gunarantees/

They're not allowed to do that. When N:ST was still a construction site, they had to make room for us to be able to get into FV anyway!

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm sorry but this sounds a bit off.... What group is this??

danwhit709
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Has anyone noticed on the teaser image, there is OTSR? They are B&M ones though so surely it can't mean much?

george2v
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:41 pm

Kenzie2012 wrote:
I'm sorry but this sounds a bit off.... What group is this??

By group I mean the John Lewis Partnership, there's usually around 5,000 people who arrive. I didn't mean to make it sound like there was only a small group of us!

LPAJ13
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:42 pm

george2v wrote:
jackcullen wrote:
^ There's nothing stopping them just plain saying it's not safe for X sector to be open and keep it shut, they don't have to do anything.

They're not allowed to do that. When N:ST was still a construction site, they had to make room for us to be able to get into FV anyway!

It's Merlin/Towers grounds, they can do anything they see fit dependent on H&S, that even goes for staff. To be honest, not a lot of room was taken up for construction of N:ST and there are other routes to get not FV. However, X-Sector and with the current construction and KNOWING its been delayed, they will probably be in contact with any relevant parties to adjust their day there.
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 pm

Ah right, got ya.

Still, your not in any way VIP's on this visit. If the park want that area shut, they will shut it!! John Lewis will have no say in the matter either. If its a construction site and work is on going, you'll be missing out that area.

george2v
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Kenzie2012 wrote:
Ah right, got ya.

Still, your not in any way VIP's on this visit. If the park want that area shut, they will shut it!! John Lewis will have no say in the matter either. If its a construction site and work is on going, you'll be missing out that area.

I understand what you're saying. When I spoke to an Alton Towers staff member last March when we went, they said as John Lewis hired out the entire park, every single ride which has been officially released has to be opened. Maybe they'll drop the price for John Lewis this year if Oblivion isn't going to be available! What a shame :(

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:46 pm

I doubt it... Again, even with some1 like John Lewis, rides are subject to availability.

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:49 pm

danwhit709 wrote:
Has anyone noticed on the teaser image, there is OTSR? They are B&M ones though so surely it can't mean much?

Well, considering that some of the early Sub Terra material featured Eurofighter cars... I wouldn't look into it too much. ;)