UK theme parks from another point of view!

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:35 pm

Ripraw wrote:
So it does look like its going to be a launch.... but! doesn't a launch seem a bit of a wasted opportunity if its just launching the train up a lift hill like slope (as shown in the plans?) I would have thought if you bothered to put a launch in, you would send the train into something a little more interesting then a hill! Unless the layout changes - but i'm in the "the track will be broadly similar to the plans" camp...

Just imagine riding it. You have just crapped your pants at that fiirt drop out the station in pitch black, then you possible leave this drop into a barrel roll, then enter the washing machine and probably get treated to some freaky visuals (if that is happening). And then just as you see light at the end of the tunnel you get launched out of the indoor bit straight up a lift hill with no time to breath then into that epic track layout. IMMENSE!
Last edited by MatthewR1990 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:36 pm

rockportboy wrote:
Also the smiler name might be kept but not quite sure just if you take a look at merchandise nothing really has the name just the logo I could be wrong.Just a rumour also there quite positive the trains will be unique also it would be a worlds first.Ive been in park today and nothing else has appeared to be newly put up yet also has anyone noticed, that the crane is working on the smiler and what appears to be enterprise or submission.If you have a look at the image at the enterprise arm up could they be putting it back together.

You could be wrong, well, you are wrong. The name isn't changing. So lets stop talking about that please... Merchandise does have the name on it as well...

And yes I believe they're also working on both Enterprise and Submission.  If I'm not mistaken, they're putting them back to working order after renovation.

TheNigeC
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
Ripraw wrote:
So it does look like its going to be a launch.... but! doesn't a launch seem a bit of a wasted opportunity if its just launching the train up a lift hill like slope (as shown in the plans?) I would have thought if you bothered to put a launch in, you would send the train into something a little more interesting then a hill! Unless the layout changes - but i'm in the "the track will be broadly similar to the plans" camp...

Just imagine riding it. You have just crapped your pants at that dirt drop out the station in pitch black, then you possible enter that washing machine and probably get treated to some freaky visuals. And then just as you see light at the end of the tunnel you get launched out of the indoor bit straight up a lift hill with no time to breath then into that epic track layout. IMMENSE!

youve just dropped round a corner out the station. potential barrel roll into a cover straight launch in pitch black towards the lift hill... into bright daylight... maybe lots of 4D effects in the darkness too.... (dont take my words as gospel... just ideas)
I Could live on Nemesis! I want to travel the world visiting all the best Theme Parks!

FACEBOOK TWITTER INSTAGRAM [img]http://TUMBLR YOUTUBE

CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:42 pm

IF there is a launch, into a lift hill - looking at the amount of space needed, surely there's not enough for a launch and then a lift hill, if the hill is the same as on the plans? 

It would have to be a different design. Probably a lot steeper. The reasonable thing would be to scrap the lift hill and have the launch followed by a possible over bank turn or top hat?

The plot thickens.

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:43 pm

JayTricky wrote:
You could be wrong, well, you are wrong. The name isn't changing. So lets stop talking about that please...

Really? Are other people not allowed a different point of view?

But back on topic it could be a sub title or part there of

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:47 pm

Trisnie wrote:
JayTricky wrote:
You could be wrong, well, you are wrong. The name isn't changing. So lets stop talking about that please...

It's not a different point of view is it? It's a construction topic, its annoying when it gets sidetracked by ridiculous rumours of the name changing.

Lets stick to construction talk.

I want to hear more of what big Boz thinks about the recent rumours of a launch...Boz?

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:49 pm

JayTricky wrote:
IF there is a launch, into a lift hill - looking at the amount of space needed, surely there's not enough for a launch and then a lift hill, if the hill is the same as on the plans? 

It would have to be a different design. Probably a lot steeper. The reasonable thing would be to scrap the lift hill and have the launch followed by a possible over bank turn or top hat?

The plot thickens.

The launch can continue on the incline. This gets the job done quickly which decreases the ride time and increases throughput. Plus it's exciting!

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:50 pm

JayTricky wrote:
Trisnie wrote:
JayTricky wrote:

It's not a different point of view is it? It's a construction topic, its annoying when it gets sidetracked by ridiculous rumours of the name changing.

Lets stick to construction talk.

I want to hear more of what big Boz thinks about the recent rumours of a launch...Boz?

He won't reply for fear that Adz will rename him and punish him severely with a trip to Alton Towers.... HAHAHA
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

kanewood18
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Phild94 wrote:
Boz wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:
clayj wrote:
djtidus wrote:
Has anyone else seen what looks like footers in the trees?

I can't tell if these have been placed or if they are just being stored there before being moved to site.

I think the lift hill will go in later as at the minute this is the access for concrete and materials too the top of the site so they can't pour footers etc

Ah, but Boz did reply to a post earlier, stating that there are no footers for where the lift hill is, meaning, it's not a standard lift with supports, maybe if the car was launched up the hill, there wouldn't need to be supports, as the train will pass through the lift hill quickly??

noooooo I didn't ;)
The lift hill starts at the end of the trench where it leaves the station building, in the space where the wall turns from reinforced concrete, to pre-poured concrete blocks. at this point there are two footers side-by-side that make a pair, very consistent with the beginning of a standard lift hill. it is almost all the way along the trench, from where the track from the station currently ends, right the way down to the beginning of the lift hill.
With the exception of one footer, immediately after the end of the track, there are no footers for a distance of approx 20-25m.
This is not consistent with the rest of the track, which currently has a support connection, every 5m Min.
this means that a section of track, approx 20m long, before the lift hill, will not be supported by conventional supports.

I know I've said it before but a nice big shipping container with a SE would fit nicely in the gap..... A washing machine on rails so it can move forward and then back

if u look after the long trench, there is a footer just slightly passed the concrete block and before the entrance, with another next to it not even poured yet

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:44 am

I'm so confused.  Looking at the photos and that unblocked one, where is this barrel roll?

All i can see is the station, the track dropping down to the left, back up again and then into the blocked out bit.

Looking at the unblocked photo, if people think this is a launch then i see no room for this washing machine..

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:57 am

I'm gonna be honest, I can see this coaster finishing before May...
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:34 am

This coster, dont have a launch,gerst need 40 meters
For a launch!
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:22 am

I posted this in the speculation topic a few weeks ago, but seeing as it now links to the idea of a launch, I'll post it here. It suggests that a vertical launch, or just simply a launch, could be a possibility, and it has been an idea AT had, back when designing SW6!

lewis97 wrote:
I was look through the TT archives and came across this page:

http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/history/plans/darkforest.htm

It suggests they were considering a vertical launch coaster for SW6, before they settled on Th13teen... So could it be this concept has resurfaced, or has been kept for SW7???

These are the concept images:

Morgano
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:12 am

getothing wrote:
This coster, dont have a launch,gerst need 40 meters
For a launch!

Include the lift and you have more than 40m! But i can't say that other coasters from Gerst are 40m, they certainly don't seem too.

oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:26 am

PhNx Survivor wrote:
I'm gonna be honest, I can see this coaster finishing before May...

Do you mean completed or constructed? There is plenty to do besides the track, remember? I would say the new opening is just right  :)

a13ex_f
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:30 am

i know it's not on the plan but would be cool to have a barrel roll on the vertical launch that'd be a worlds first wouldnt it?

GigaSurimi
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 am

JayJay90 wrote:
Phild94 wrote:
It's not a washing machine.... It's several tight inline rolls in a row.... Thing watching machine but drawn out with it travelling the length of the room.... There will still be forward movement but we will be spinning as well????? Could that work???

youve said you dont think its a washing machine element but what youve described there is a washing machine that just travels forwards as it spins you lol? theres no supports in there for the incline twists or any straight track at that to join to and im sure if there was to be some, they'd have been done along with the rest by now.

If there's no support, could it be a tilting track?

TomL
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:20 pm

Apparently the vertucal lift is now complete says the theme park central who have pics on the way on twitter

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:37 pm

tleady wrote:
Apparently the vertucal lift is now complete says the theme park central who have pics on the way on twitter

Here?

https://twitter.com/ThemePrkCentral  :|

dylan.tempelaars
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:55 pm

i cant find a quote saying that
some people call me insane, you are right!