UK theme parks from another point of view!

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 pm

From the TT news page
TowersTimes is working alongside the Alton Towers Resort to build excitement and anticipation for this years hottest new ride, in order for us to do this the Alton Towers Resort has exclusively revealed to us something which has long been rumoured on our forum, that elements of the ride will differ from the plans originally submitted back in December 2011. The ride track itself is covered under a general planning permit so the resort does not need to resubmit the plans providing the buildings and additional structures within the area remain the same.

In order for us to continue with our plans which involve keeping certain elements secretive until the resort is ready to reveal them, we will be obscuring certain additional elements in our upcoming aerial updates. We will of course aim to show you as much of the ride as we possibly can but we believe keeping certain elements hidden will create the best ride experience for everyone.

We at TowersTimes can't wait to reveal more about The Smiler in due course. Check back soon for more exclusive news and information as we get it!

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:57 pm

RCT3Bross wrote:
Looking at that support it looks like a snake-dive on both drops. :cry: Looking at the original plans there is a possible snake dive to the left the support looks spot on. ;) If we should believe the game and plans combined there are at least 12 inversions making it legally the most Inversions already. ;) (Beating Journey to the stars 11 inversions (Under construction)) IF we indeed get the Sea-serpent roll and the 8 shaped inversions. ;) Get exited over here

The top support does have a slight angle to it.  I'm wondering if it's a launch into a dive like on hulk..

Tom_Jephson
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:59 pm

Boz wrote:
From the TT news page
TowersTimes is working alongside the Alton Towers Resort to build excitement and anticipation for this years hottest new ride, in order for us to do this the Alton Towers Resort has exclusively revealed to us something which has long been rumoured on our forum, that elements of the ride will differ from the plans originally submitted back in December 2011. The ride track itself is covered under a general planning permit so the resort does not need to resubmit the plans providing the buildings and additional structures within the area remain the same.

In order for us to continue with our plans which involve keeping certain elements secretive until the resort is ready to reveal them, we will be obscuring certain additional elements in our upcoming aerial updates. We will of course aim to show you as much of the ride as we possibly can but we believe keeping certain elements hidden will create the best ride experience for everyone.

We at TowersTimes can't wait to reveal more about The Smiler in due course. Check back soon for more exclusive news and information as we get it!

They'll be nothing left of the photos before long! They'll all be covered in blue boxes!
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Perhaps you would prefer we didn't go up at all? ;)

oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Tom_Jephson wrote:
Boz wrote:
From the TT news page

They'll be nothing left of the photos before long! They'll all be covered in blue boxes!

All joking aside, does this mean the entire new section will be censored?

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Boz wrote:
Perhaps you would prefer we didn't go up at all? ;)

Please keep to the skies Boz & MI7 you know we'd all be suffering without you and all the TT crew XD, just out of interest do we known when it's likely that we willl be able to smell avgas over the hills of Alton again :D

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

Confuzzled
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:04 pm

Tom_Jephson wrote:
Boz wrote:
From the TT news page

Last time I checked they were yellow and also, I would love to see you hiring a helicopter and taking photos yourself...

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Boz wrote:
From the TT news page

Latest aerial update from MI7 today is up!

Sorry, couldn't resist  :lol:
You're doing a great job though!  Always interesting to see how things are progressing, however I think at this point its very clear the plans aren't the reality.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Evostance wrote:
Boz wrote:
From the TT news page

You're doing a great job though!  Always interesting to see how things are progressing, however I think at this point its very clear the plans aren't the reality.

Cant remember the last time something on the internet made me genuinely laugh out loud XD

LPAJ13
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:07 pm

Adrenalinejunkie2013 wrote:
The plans haven't changed, the original plans that everyone has seen were to give you a taster, as no plans need to be released for this area, as long as they don't build above tree level

So you can see the plans which are on various fansites and SMDC planning site are the EXACT same plans which are coming forward now in construction? The plans differ to construction, certain sections, are quite different to what is in the plans.
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Lead Piping wrote:
Adrenalinejunkie2013 wrote:
The plans haven't changed, the original plans that everyone has seen were to give you a taster, as no plans need to be released for this area, as long as they don't build above tree level

So you can see the plans which are on various fansites and SMDC planning site are the EXACT same plans which are coming forward now in construction? The plans differ to construction, certain sections, are quite different to what is in the plans.

I think what he's trying to say is that we officially never had to be shown anything about the plans so anything on those plans could have been fictitious

Shangalaing
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:12 pm

The great thing is, having seen the plans, and the supports that are up, if they censor the areas such as the inverted dives and rumoured corkscrew they would just be confirming our hunch. They already covered up the indoor inversion. Anything now is just confirmation.
Kiss my oblivion

TheK1lla1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:20 pm

Evostance wrote:
Boz wrote:
From the TT news page

I hope the admins can take a joke!
Smile the doctor will see you now.

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 pm

By the wording of that article, the new aerial photos will be :

i should probably read the thread before i post

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 pm

We can take a joke thank you, but can we keep discussion on topic please. That sort of thing is best done in either the dragon bar, or the "misc" topic.

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Aww
TheK1lla1 wrote:
Evostance wrote:
Boz wrote:
From the TT news page

I'm sure they can.  They're doing a great job and as things progress we'll get shots of the station,  spider etc.

It was a joke and nothing disrespectful as I'm sure the whole of TT and other sites are very grateful for what they are doing

If they have an issue,  they're free to pm me and I'll remove it :)
Last edited by Evostance on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheK1lla1
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Evostance wrote:
TheK1lla1 wrote:
Evostance wrote:
Boz wrote:
From the TT news page

I'm sure they can.  They're doing a great job and as things progress we'll get shots of the station,  spider etc.

It was a joke and nothing disrespectful as I'm sure the whole of TT and other sites are very grateful for what they are doing

AGREED. All of this excitement would not be as it is if it wasn't for the towers time crew. I feel proud to be a member on this forum!
Smile the doctor will see you now.

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Evostance wrote:
RCT3Bross wrote:
Looking at that support it looks like a snake-dive on both drops. :cry: Looking at the original plans there is a possible snake dive to the left the support looks spot on. ;) If we should believe the game and plans combined there are at least 12 inversions making it legally the most Inversions already. ;) (Beating Journey to the stars 11 inversions (Under construction)) IF we indeed get the Sea-serpent roll and the 8 shaped inversions. ;) Get exited over here

The top support does have a slight angle to it.  I'm wondering if it's a launch into a dive like on hulk..

IMO if we launch up the hill it would be the first one into that turn to the right into the first Snake-dive followed directly by the 8 shaped inversion, after that a chain lift (vertical) into a left turn going into the second Snake-dive followed directly by the Sea-Serpent. My thought about the how it turned out. ;)

JayTricky
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm excited about this revelation.

Does make me think though. Why have the plans changed? Is it because they realised they could make it better or that a rumoured secret element wasn't going to suffice and scrapped it?

very interesting.

Roodlesnouter
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm

JayTricky wrote:
I'm excited about this revelation.

Does make me think though. Why have the plans changed? Is it because they realised they could make it better or that a rumoured secret element wasn't going to suffice and scrapped it?

very interesting.

Probably to keep us fans at bay.

Whatever the reason No limits will be getting some hammer over the coming days  :D