UK theme parks from another point of view!

vinyljunkie
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:07 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ANPbKPt2Y from 13 seconds onward someone posted that face and a high ptch screetch who was it? i loove it lol

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:13 pm

Anyone else noticed the plugs are bieng removed from the footer holes ? You can see the BLUE plugs lying next to each hole by the foot of the vertical hill .. Also, there is a stack of them next to the red cherrypicker under the Cobra

Looks like we may see allot of supports going up on next update ?

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:17 pm

I dont understand how they are going to hide all this concrete  :?

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:39 pm

That double barrel roll looks sweet! Is that the one that lead back into the break run?
Last edited by MatthewR1990 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
That double barrel roll looks sweet! Is that the one that lead back into the break run?

That's what i want to know... sure looks that way though!
Image 2014

Liam B
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:41 pm

James97 wrote:

dirt? pathway? not exactly a challenging aspect

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:43 pm

Construction is still very far behind but at least picking up the pace alot more, although I hope they don't open the ride with certain elements not working yet like they did with nemesis sub terra as that will be a huge let down, has it actually been confirmed there will be 15 inversions or is it still a speculation?

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:44 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:

If we should believe the plans, then yes. ;) Great to see all this work. I'm very exited to ride this crazy coaster. :D
danny.g97 wrote:
Construction is still very far behind but at least picking up the pace alot more, although I hope they don't open the ride with certain elements not working yet like they did with nemesis sub terra as that will be a huge let down, has it actually been confirmed there will be 15 inversions or is it still a speculation?

15 is still speculated, 14 are now confirmed I don't really believe 15 is going to happen it has enough already. ;)

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:45 pm

looks like that digger up the top by the toilets (at the end of the double barrel roll) has started to dig its way down into the pit for the vertical lift hill. Oh honey this is getting hot!

Also shop floor looks like it isn't glass after all. Also one of those weird pieces of track are in that pit area next to the brake run? It is one of those right?
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:55 pm

Any ideas on the random line of concrete that has appeared next to where the maintenance/secret section is?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

interesting that, in the first photos of updating the marmaliser this tickler
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

SW now stands for Slow Working lol

Anyway there 11 months now since they started to take the black hole tent down and another 2 months to go. The transformers ride at Universal Studios is nearly finished and that's only taken 8 to 9 months to build from start to grand opening.
I just hope this coaster is gonna be as good as they promise it to be as it's risky saying it's gonna be the best ride in the world.

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm

Kenzie2012 wrote:
Any ideas on the random line of concrete that has appeared next to where the maintenance/secret section is?

Foundations for the rear wall of the maintenance shed

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:

Anyway there 11 months now since they started to take the black hole tent down and another 2 months to go. The transformers ride at Universal Studios is nearly finished and that's only taken 8 to 9 months to build from start to grand opening.
I just hope this coaster is gonna be as good as they promise it to be as it's risky saying it's gonna be the best ride in the world.

At what point has this ever been said?
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Pathway starting to take form at toilets... And a lot of brickwork laid down :D

hambletwins wrote:
James97 wrote:

They'll more than likely add the sand for bricklaying once the rides supports and theming is all in, but what baffles me is... How Are they going to cover the pits concrete, (including walls) and the other vertical concrete walls... In My opinion I think fake rock should be added onto the walls to hide the concrete, for all the walls... And for the pit, white and grey gravel. That'll look nice, and if the pathway is to be made for plaza under knot, a nice inward bump covered over with bricks and gravel to the sides would be very nice. But my best bet... It's gonna stay as it is... shame if it does :\
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:02 pm

I hope they don't. The game looks really good with the yellow lines on it.

Oblivion is aaaallllllll concrete too.... Anyone bothered by that?

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:03 pm

Kenzie2012 wrote:

At what point has this ever been said?

On the 2 free tickets advert on the front of todays The Sun says 'THE MOST AMAZING RIDE EVER!'
Image 2014

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Really??

Could this be something from The Sun rather than Merlin Marketing?

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:04 pm

PhNx Survivor wrote:
Pathway starting to take form at toilets... And a lot of brickwork laid down :D

hambletwins wrote:
James97 wrote:

They'll more than likely add the sand for bricklaying once the rides supports and theming is all in, but what baffles me is... How Are they going to cover the pits concrete, (including walls) and the other vertical concrete walls... In My opinion I think fake rock should be added onto the walls to hide the concrete, for all the walls... And for the pit, white and grey gravel. That'll look nice, and if the pathway is to be made for plaza under knot, a nice inward bump covered over with bricks and gravel to the sides would be very nice. But my best bet... It's gonna stay as it is... shame if it does :\

Loose stones that chavs will throw at riders ?? Not the kind of interactive themeing AT were planning lol

I agree that they will pave over, possibly plant some sections etc Remmber at the bottom of every inversion, there will need to be fencing to keep the GP out.

As for covering with fake rock... Is oblvions concrete walls covered ??

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

RCT3Bross
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Don't want to be a spell breaker here but they did a lot in 4 days. Double barrel roll is done concrete floor has a lot more floor to it and they have worked in the half loop section to of the sea serpent roll. Also work on the vertical lift trench and shop floor (I presume) comes along nicely. ;) Two months looks like more then enough time. ;)