UK theme parks from another point of view!

dominicjeffrey
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:06 am

Is The Marmaliser more or less complete? Good quality pictures of each leg would be appreciated!

Danny

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 am

dominicjeffrey wrote:
Is The Marmaliser more or less complete? Good quality pictures of each leg would be appreciated!

It's awaiting one final leg in the form of The Hypnotiser, and the potential effects for The Marmaliser to be installed. Everything else looks set for the go.

Shangalaing
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 am

Thanks for the update Roodlesnouter.

Just to mention, this picturehttp://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq133/roodlesnouter/SW7%20April%2016/April16LiftHill-4_zpsa1df7000.jpg shows the braking fins and no retract mechanism. The gubbins at the back are for wiring/hydraulic lines and there are actuators present to retract the fins.

This means:

The fins are meerly a pro rollback device as they would need to retract to enable a freefall.
The lift hill is just that.
The friction brakes therefor are probably just to control the speed of the descending train after the malfunction before it takes the radius to horizontal.

I love investigative journalism  ;)

picture credit to Roodlesnouter
Kiss my oblivion

coastercrazy18
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:23 am

Sorry im unable to keep up to date. Dos anyone think that more track will go up today shorley there is not much of the track left to do.
its always good to go to the dentist so you can get a better smile :D

Roodlesnouter
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:50 am

coastercrazy18 wrote:
Sorry im unable to keep up to date. Dos anyone think that more track will go up today shorley there is not much of the track left to do.

I wouldn't be surprised to see track complete by the weekend

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 am

The next lift hill supports are not up yet? Am I right?

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:03 am

Thrillmad wrote:
The next lift hill supports are not up yet? Am I right?

Yes.

I think they will work on the two inverted drops first, as they also put some supports up for these yesterday.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:05 am

Thank you can't seem to see any pics of it :/

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:03 am

Off topic question but why did they decide not to have a sixth maramaliser leg? Budget cuts? Or dd they just think it was pointless? As 6 would of enabled us to have the hypnotiser and the blades but we can only have one and on the map it only shows the blades! So no hypnotiser? :-( or maybe a two in one? I'm really confused aha. Just wish they would still have the sixth leg...
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:32 am

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Off topic question but why did they decide not to have a sixth maramaliser leg? Budget cuts? Or dd they just think it was pointless? As 6 would of enabled us to have the hypnotiser and the blades but we can only have one and on the map it only shows the blades! So no hypnotiser? :-( or maybe a two in one? I'm really confused aha. Just wish they would still have the sixth leg...

Who's to say they won't, they just haven't built it yet, personally I want then to go with the blades, that would be beast.
Poop. Always

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:32 am

Updated my overview map, taken things out that currently haven't appeared such as Theming B objects, Stilted Jetty, 6th Marmaliser leg, Plaza and replaced Theming element C with a games unit. Added arrows to show movement direction, numbered the inversions & colour coded sections of track with a key supplied.

Here it is:

(Click here to see it bigger)

Map is correct as of 8:30AM on 17th April 2013
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

jamjamz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:45 am

ollboll9 wrote:
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:

Who's to say they won't, they just haven't built it yet, personally I want then to go with the blades, that would be beast.

They wont. Only 5 marmaliser legs going in. The flasher, the tickler, the inoculator, the hypnotiser and the giggler. The hypnotiser is yet to be put in place.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:59 am

What's all this talk about blades? What was planned for the (Now scrapped) 6th leg?

Boz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 am

The blades are shown on the park map, on one of the Marmaliser's legs. However this could just be an error, as it has never been mentioned or shown anywhere else.
There were however, originally 6 legs on the plans submitted to the council. The leg that's been removed however, would never have worked anyway as it's location would have breached the safety envelope of the track. I know this because it became a massive problem for my recreation, and I believe Nemesis94 had the exact same issue with his.
Last edited by Boz on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roodlesnouter
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:15 am

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
Updated my overview map, taken things out that currently haven't appeared such as Theming B objects, Stilted Jetty, 6th Marmaliser leg, Plaza and replaced Theming element C with a games unit. Added arrows to show movement direction, numbered the inversions & colour coded sections of track with a key supplied.

Here it is:

That section you have in red, the final turn into brake run its complete

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:19 am

roodlesnouter wrote:

Here it is:

Everything is correct on that image, maybe you are misunderstanding it? The only red (not finished) pieces of track on my image are the first lift hill and part of the first and second inverting drops. The rest is coloured according to the key in the image. Maybe you are confusing the pinkish colour with the red? Only other thing left to install is The Hypnotiser leg which is also red on my image. To see it better, click the larger image link - or click here
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:27 am

roodlesnouter wrote:

Here it is:

Think your looking at the first lift hill and drop buddy. The final turn and break Is slightly south west of that bit. And is green :)
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

RCD27
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:14 am

Here it is:

Are these the actual plans of where the queue line is going?

I noticed it on the game and thought it would be very great being that close to the ride as you queue (Unlike Thirteens, Forrest boredom).

Also are we entering the queue through the building or will there be an entrance in a similar position to where the old Black Hole entrance was.

As for the construction I don't see why we won't have the majority of the 2 drops completed by today, with how fast the Vertical lift went up I imagine that the drops are simpler to put in as they are standard pieces no chain electronics etc.
Sonic Saw Stealth Smiler

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:25 am

As far as I'm aware the chain didn't actually go in at the same time as the track. it seems a bit unusual if it did. Also, the plans show a gradual ramp down to the site. Who reckons this will still be there?

andy86
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 am

Roughly what date are we looking at the trains being attached to the tracks?