UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kirsty25

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:13 pm

aircanman wrote:

What appears to be a small film crew

I believe Danny was on site when there was crew from Blue Peter on site so could be them?

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Danny wrote:
Credit to ATG:

Possible chain installation? Not quite sure yet.

Same dudes that were repainting today ! Probably repainting damaged/scratched areas of the track ! Looks to me that the chain links are still in them baskets !
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough

Danny

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Is that a train I can see? ;)

Photo credit to ATG

The Earl
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Seems odd that they have a ride car 'on-site'! They must be intending on lowering it onto the track today, i mean, why else would they bring it out of storage ?. Maybe they're testing the transfer track, or putting them into the storage area, who knows.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the electrics are pretty much ready to roll, they've had a lot of time to get it done while the other guys are finishing up the track work. It'll no doubt be a hive of activity in both buildings over the past few weeks, and the coming weeks too.

I'll say we'll see testing in maybe 1-2 weeks. Soon as the track is complete that'll be it! Themeing & quelines along with any other touch ups can be done while the testing process is going on.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:39 pm

:)so is the glass floor shop still happening?
And if so,why is the photo point somewhere else as it is rumoured by ATG?

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Danny wrote:

Photo credit to ATG

Looks to be !!! ;) must be surely getting ready to mount the trains on the track now ! You wouldnt leave a train lying around outside like that ? ( if it is a train that is haha )

Jackk156
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:50 pm

jbuckton18 wrote:
Looks to be !!! ;) must be surely getting ready to mount the trains on the track now ! You wouldnt leave a train lying around outside like that ? ( if it is a train that is haha )

I was wondering where to look but then I noticed the OTSR's just to the side of the trees so it is the train! XD let's hope  they are not scratched on the way to the site lol
Last edited by Jackk156 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:51 pm

jbuckton18 wrote:
Danny wrote:

[img]http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528448_552009601496889_756326643_n.jpg

Photo credit to ATG

Why not? It's gonna run and be left in a lot worse weather over the next 20+ years of its life lmao
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Doesn't the train look a bit different? The front bar seems now to be in a curve, a 'smile' like curve? And other small changes!! And I can no longer see the horrid smiler logo. Or is it just me??
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:59 pm

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Doesn't the train look a bit different? The front bar seems now to be in a curve, a 'smile' like curve? And other small changes!! And I can no longer see the horrid smiler logo. Or is it just me??

It may not be the front car, I assume the 2nd, 3rd, 4th row wont have the logo on the front.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Credit to Theme-Park-Media:

Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:09 pm

According to T2G  :lol: the trains are being placed into the shed tomorrow
tower2go Facebook wrote:
The Smiler trains are to be placed into the maintenance shed, tomorrow!
Last edited by Owen on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:12 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:
Danny wrote:

[img]http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/528448_552009601496889_756326643_n.jpg

Photo credit to ATG

Why not? It's gonna run and be left in a lot worse weather over the next 20+ years of its life lmao

It's just not something you would do ? You would keep in in the storage until it was ready to be put on the track ? surely !? You wouldnt take it out of storage and leave it next to the track for 'x' number of days would you ?

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm

jbuckton18 wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
jbuckton18 wrote:
Danny wrote:

Photo credit to ATG

It's just not something you would do ? You would keep in in the storage until it was ready to be put on the track ? surely !? You wouldnt take it out of storage and leave it next to the track for 'x' number of days would you ?

Ironically X's painted trains were left outside  ;)

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 pm

Could be completely wrong but could a train be there as if it goes on the track tomorrow the filming crew can get some shots of it in the station? I remember alton saying they try to use as much real footage for their ride adverts

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Mabalzich wrote:

Again most likely me! But the fins look like there not there anymore?? I bet they really are maybe just lower but to e they never looked real? Just wood and if they are they will stick out if they don't get painted...
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:21 pm

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Mabalzich wrote:

Again most likely me! But the fins look like there not there anymore?? I bet they really are maybe just lower but to e they never looked real? Just wood and if they are they will stick out if they don't get painted...

Yeah there definitely made of wood  :roll:

The Earl
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:23 pm

According to 'Mushroom productions' ( Facebook Page ) Blue Peter are at The Smiler site today. Wonder if it could have anything to do with 'The Smiler' trains been lifted onto the track, seems possible no ?

As for Towers 2 Go i wouldn't believe everything they say. Think about it, why would they bring a train out of storage TODAY and leave it until tomorrow to put on the track ? I'll guarantee now, that train will be going on today.

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:23 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
Could be completely wrong but could a train be there as if it goes on the track tomorrow the filming crew can get some shots of it in the station? I remember alton saying they try to use as much real footage for their ride adverts

This made me lol. You ever seen the Air adverts? Lmao! At some points they don't even show a train haha..
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 pm

The Earl wrote:
According to 'Mushroom productions' ( Facebook Page ) Blue Peter are at The Smiler site today. Wonder if it could have anything to do with 'The Smiler' trains been lifted onto the track, seems possible no ?

As for Towers 2 Go i wouldn't believe everything they say. Think about it, why would they bring a train out of storage TODAY and leave it until tomorrow to put on the track ? I'll guarantee now, that train will be going on today.

Hence my use of the  :lol: lol face  :D