UK theme parks from another point of view!

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Hazbean wrote:

You're wrong. :) They're called Inverted Drops on The Smiler game.

Arh ok i cant play the game so that's why i didn't know.

As for construction was any more of the lift put in today or is it still how it was earlier?
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:44 pm

willt2405 wrote:
soz im compleytly confused cansomone do the colour co-ordinated colour-ins of the track so i can see how close we are till the trackis complete

Updated map for you all (Correct as of 18:45PM on 22nd April 2013):

(Click here for enlarged image)

As you can see, the only red section left is just the last half of the first lift hill.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willt2405
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 pm

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
willt2405 wrote:
soz im compleytly confused cansomone do the colour co-ordinated colour-ins of the track so i can see how close we are till the trackis complete

As you can see, the only red section left is just the last half of the first lift hill.

i didnt realise that there was only half of a lift  hill left! if there are 20, 10 hours days (to mmake 200 hours of testing which will end on the 16 the day before the commference.) testing will DEFINETLY start on saturday bythe LATEST so by the latest the chains, brakes will be on and cars  on the track (i wouldn't be suprised if the trains are already in the maintenance building already) by Friday.
if anyone is a towers when testing is happening could they take a video and post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm

I was just thinking to myself, whatever happened to that train that was seen on site a week or so ago...? I assume it's been moved into the maintenance shed, perhaps they have moved more of them in too...

James-Allgood
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:00 pm

willt2405 wrote:
Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
willt2405 wrote:

i didnt realise that there was only half of a lift  hill left! if there are 20, 10 hours days (to mmake 200 hours of testing which will end on the 16 the day before the commference.) testing will DEFINETLY start on saturday bythe LATEST so by the latest the chains, brakes will be on and cars  on the track (i wouldn't be suprised if the trains are already in the maintenance building already) by Friday.
if anyone is a towers when testing is happening could they take a video and post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sure someone somewhere will post a video and our facebook feeds will go wild when it starts to test ;)

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:02 pm

The green rectangle shows some sections of lift stairs (one on the right, and the other section on the left behind the track), I think. The red rectangle shows two pieces of track - the crest of the lift hill and the following track that will join onto the piece above the toilet. Which I think leaves two more pieces for the lift hill and the two piece on the floor meaning 4 more pieces of track left to put up.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aress
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Has anyone managed to take any more photos of today's construction? Would love to see them!

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Personally I can't wait until the next aerial image. The Marmaliser will be looking amazing!

youarecorrectsir
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:52 pm

willt2405 wrote:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D OH my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ithasbeen officaily anounced that the smiler will actualy have 15 inversions

Sorry dude we've seen this before :/ Turns out it wasn't reliable... sorry to burst your bubble!
"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 pm

The only thing to make it seem unreliable is the fact it was translated from German, but the numbers are the same in both languages

youarecorrectsir
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:57 pm

andzdrew wrote:
The only thing to make it seem unreliable is the fact it was translated from German, but the numbers are the same in both languages

Actually I'm pretty sure someone discredited it as a fake webpage... And really? I thought 15 was german for 14  :roll: ;)
"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives"

willt2405
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:01 pm

youarecorrectsir wrote:
willt2405 wrote:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D OH my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ithasbeen officaily anounced that the smiler will actualy have 15 inversions

Sorry dude we've seen this before :/ Turns out it wasn't reliable... sorry to burst your bubble!

extremley embarrased and dissapointed :oops
but its still 14 a world record!!!
Last edited by willt2405 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:02 pm

youarecorrectsir wrote:
andzdrew wrote:

Actually I'm pretty sure someone discredited it as a fake webpage... And really? I thought 15 was german for 14  :roll: ;)

No, the numbers are the same so unless it was a typo I think we have the secret element, it's a brand new way of going upside down, maybewith your feet and head swapped over to mmake it look like you're upside down when you're really not.

How about the random placement and length of the fins on lifthill 1... Is that normal?

sully1311
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 pm

andzdrew wrote:
youarecorrectsir wrote:
andzdrew wrote:

No, the numbers are the same so unless it was a typo I think we have the secret element, it's a brand new way of going upside down, maybewith your feet and head swapped over to mmake it look like you're upside down when you're really not.

How about the random placement and length of the fins on lifthill 1... Is that normal?

What? Really?

A
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:07 pm

andzdrew wrote:
youarecorrectsir wrote:
andzdrew wrote:

We don't know, we've never seen fins on lift hills before
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:13 pm

are all the trains on the track yet or are they adding them last. I know one is on but what about the other 3. In fact are the other 3 even there yet.
In just 1 day I managed: 75 rides on stealth, 8 swarms, the dodgems and a tea cups. February half term was good.

Adrenalinejunkie2013
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Who's told you one is already on the track?

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 pm

sw7nutter wrote:
are all the trains on the track yet or are they adding them last. I know one is on but what about the other 3. In fact are the other 3 even there yet.

Has it definitely been confirmed that even one train is on the track

sw7nutter
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
sw7nutter wrote:

Has it definitely been confirmed that even one train is on the track

I thought it had. I mean why have a train out of storage although i guess no one has pictures of the crane lifting it.

owenjohn
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:29 pm

A wrote:
andzdrew wrote:
youarecorrectsir wrote:
andzdrew wrote:

We don't know, we've never seen fins on lift hills before

Maverick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPOox6r6eDI