UK theme parks from another point of view!

TomL
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:36 am

truckaddict wrote:
Is anyone on park today???

Lead Piping and Roodlesnouter are with lots of lenses and cameras! Tonight should be great!

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:10 am

TomL wrote:
truckaddict wrote:
Is anyone on park today???

Lead Piping and Roodlesnouter are with lots of lenses and cameras! Tonight should be great!

LP is posting a fair few (lower quality) images using his twitter feed. The photos he posts later on will be 10 fold in quality but for those hungry for any little snip bit of info. Go visit his twitter page here https://www.twitter.com/boombox2009

To add Roodles also has a twitter feed and may post some pictures himself https://www.twitter.com/roodlesnouter
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

Mattfat1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:17 am

On site now. Currently lots going on. Bloke on tickler, first lift, lots of queue going up loads around the station.

Also a few actors roaming around in smiler uniforms just walking really slowly with a creepy smile staring at people :)

Also regarding the first lift support not quite joining, it seems to my (bad) eye to have washers in place suggesting its going to stay with that gap? Hopefully someone with a zoom lens can get close...

And the first support of the first pre drop seems to have been cut into, maybe to alter the angle slightly, again I can't be sure by eye
Last edited by Mattfat1 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shangalaing
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:34 am

Enjoy!
Last edited by Shangalaing on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kiss my oblivion

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:46 am

Threw photos it would seem like The Ticklers being worked on today....... *prays we're getting the black swirls*

Kieran141
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:55 am

When that tickler gets wet it's going to be quite unpleasant going underneath it

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:02 pm

From TS Facebook

Jimbo1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:14 pm

i really don't like the concrete walls on the station, is it getting any cladding? i hope to god its not going to look like that it looks so unfinished

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Jimbo1 wrote:
i really don't like the concrete walls on the station, is it getting any cladding? i hope to god its not going to look like that it looks so unfinished

Cladding arrived yesterday!  :D

M3tabolic
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:21 pm

Courtesy of Lead Piping (a.k.a Boombox2009)'s twitter feed.

Some kind of walkway installed above track before vertical lift. Also some weird short support to the right of it... what could that be for?

Last edited by M3tabolic on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trumpet
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Is it me, or does the Smiler look awsome and mad at the same time?

Still, it is looking fantastic, and can't wait to see it in person
"Science is not an exact Science"

Rick and Morty - 2014

Danny

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:35 pm

That catwalk will most likely be the supports for the cameras to hang from, as shown in the game.

Shangalaing
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Edit by Sam198: img tags added.
Last edited by Shangalaing on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kiss my oblivion

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Can anyone on site see into the station if there are any trains on track?

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 pm

As its been worked out the ride time would have 30 seconds extra if alton's timing is correct, could the train stop before the vertical lift hill like saw but a show on the tv's

N3m3s1s
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 pm

Great pictures so far guys! Sounds stupid, but If they do add the black swirls to the tickler, how will they do it. Spray paint?

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:28 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
As its been worked out the ride time would have 30 seconds extra if alton's timing is correct, could the train stop before the vertical lift hill like saw but a show on the tv's

If the game is anything to go by (which I think it's quite a good representation) the absolute slowest I can get the train to go round is 1.45, that's the entire ride fully upgraded, add 10 secs for the missing inversions and it's near enough 50secs unaccounted for, that's basically 1/3 the total ride time (as quoted by Alton)

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:31 pm

andzdrew wrote:
danny.g97 wrote:

If the game is anything to go by (which I think it's quite a good representation) the absolute slowest I can get the train to go round is 1.45, that's the entire ride fully upgraded, add 10 secs for the missing inversions and it's near enough 50secs unaccounted for, that's basically 1/3 the total ride time (as quoted by Alton)

Yes but I'm sure someone on here has recreated it on no limits almost exactly and we had established it was around 2:10?

Mattfat1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:47 pm

Looks to be some Marmaliser feet cladding ready to go @mattfat1 for pic

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:52 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
andzdrew wrote:
danny.g97 wrote:

Yes but I'm sure someone on here has recreated it on no limits almost exactly and we had established it was around 2:10?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I imagine the game as being from the horses mouth, as it were. I'm running it on a generic verbally slow android tablet, no boost, scraping walls all the way round, and the absolute longest I can get that train to go round the track is 1.45, and if I use the boost and steer properly Its only 8ish seconds faster... I can't get anywhere near 2 minutes ridetime in the game, my basic point is there is ages and ages of time for a special element (like freefalling backwards down the lifthill) and a couple preshow fillers