UK theme parks from another point of view!

mattallennet
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Tue May 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Night testing makes sense if its allowed (after all, there's no construction so it may comply with local regs). Not much else can be done overnight.

I would imagine its much safer with no GP and construction workers around and it's the only realistic way of fitting it all in.

Moley
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 pm

If this ride is going to be self-duelling as we've been speculating it makes sense for them to leave one of the trains at the bottom of the lift hill to test the duelling aspect when the park closes.

Tom_Jephson
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Even more swirls and little CCTV cameras added!

Credit: (Alton Towers Guide facebook page
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!

Static Veins
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Now that is how you do a game stand. Not bad at all. Certainly better than a shipping container, at any rate!

Tom_Jephson
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Shame they couldn't have done something similar with the station building.
For a better start in life, start smiling earlier!

mattallennet
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Tom_Jephson wrote:
Shame they couldn't have done something similar with the station building.

Exactly. But the game stand directly makes money :-(

Maseyg123
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Boz wrote:
Regardless of what it says on that vid description, I have it on reliably good authority from people on park, and from those ATG pics from this morning, that there is barely a cloud in the sky today.
I don't know when that video was recorded, but it certainly wasn't this morning.

Edit, the full title says it was on the 5th, so I think he's speculating on testing, most likely it was just lift testing, not train testing.

Just saw that the video was filmed on Saturday :)
Credit to lewis97 for the amazing signature above :)

Hilarious Text Loading...

LCFCjames
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:12 pm

What do we think the game is going to be? I would like it to be something unique that's unlike the other games stalls in the park. It looks like its well themed at least and should fit in with the area 8)

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:15 pm

LCFCjames wrote:
What do we think the game is going to be? I would like it to be something unique that's unlike the other games stalls in the park. It looks like its well themed at least and should fit in with the area 8)

Few weeks ago there was a picture showing 3 barrels ! looks like its the 'throw the ball into the barrel/bucket game' to me :) Pretty boring ! They could of got something unique like you said
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:26 pm

My money's on a ball into bucket game. Or maybe one of those electric wire ones.

Nocama
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:29 pm

Does anyone know anything about other theme elements or is it just the marmaliser?
@jordywilsonmcr :)

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:30 pm

jbuckton18 wrote:
Few weeks ago there was a picture showing 3 barrels ! looks like its the 'throw the ball into the barrel/bucket game' to me :) Pretty boring ! They could of got something unique like you said

If you look really closely you'll notice those barrels are still there. It's a ball game.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

DannyNewbro
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:34 pm

It'd be pretty cool if the buckets had a good old illusion trick to them like the theme of The Smiler.

skyscraper
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:35 pm

IT'S A WORLD RECORD BREAKER!!!

jrrsaltonstall
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Im a bit late on this subject I know, but with regards to the theme music of the of the ride I think it should be something like (Not actually!) a tune released by Gareth Emery. The tune is called "The Saga". Check it out on I tunes and tell me what you think. Sorry for bringing this up so late. I voted "other" in the Theme music vote.

Like I say the tune is similar to what I think The Smiler theme music should be.
J

LCFCjames
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:47 pm

DannyNewbro wrote:
It'd be pretty cool if the buckets had a good old illusion trick to them like the theme of The Smiler.

That would be pretty good :) I think it would be cool if they could incorporate the 5 marmalising elements into the game as well, although I'm not sure how they would achieve this :P

Kirsty25

Tue May 07, 2013 2:49 pm

LCFCjames wrote:
DannyNewbro wrote:

That would be pretty good :) I think it would be cool if they could incorporate the 5 marmalising elements into the game as well, although I'm not sure how they would achieve this :P

How about throw the balls into the basket while being administered with a small electric shock -  :evil:

walshawblue
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:54 pm

Or inoculated up the posterior just as you about to throw the ball  :yikes:
Last edited by walshawblue on Tue May 07, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:54 pm

LCFCjames wrote:
DannyNewbro wrote:

They have strobes facing & blinding you then they have a mist so you can hardly see the bucket, water jets fire water in your face, little tickler brushes come out and spin around your waist and the buckets spin and have the spiralling effect in them. Winners get fast passes to ride the ride and truly get Marmalised!

* I kid of course

LCFCjames
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
LCFCjames wrote:
DannyNewbro wrote:

How about throw the balls into the basket while being administered with a small electric shock -  :evil:

That sounds particularly evil  :twisted: maybe they should have swirls to hypnotise you, while you are been sprayed with laughing gas, flashed with strobes, tickled and jabbed with yellow needles! That would certainly make throwing a ball into a bucket considerably  harder ;)

Edit - oops beaten to it! Seems we have the same evil idea :P
Last edited by LCFCjames on Tue May 07, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.