UK theme parks from another point of view!

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Wed May 08, 2013 8:51 pm

I want to make a public apology....... Sorry everyone for misunderstanding :( Generally very sorry :(

Kieran141
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 8:52 pm

Andzdrew wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:
i have just relaised that the cart could not revolve around the track because look at how the trak is designed there is no way th cart would ever revolve around that unless there is a special sectin of track what does this in the inside section. only time will tell

Umm, ok..... This is not just aimed at you, but just thought it would be beneficial for you to know.... THERE IS NO WASHING MACHINE ELEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!! We've seen all the track installed and at nowhere did we see some form of mechanism that would enable this to happen.... It's a nice thought...... But that's all it'll ever stay..... a thought.

We're not talking about the washing machine, i mean no disrespect but could you look at the conversation next time :( We're discussing a mechanism (that would be fairly simple) that would turn the train 180 degress so that you finish off part of the track backwards (like the turntable on stormforce 10 at drayton manor, except as a roller coaster)

There is no track installed that would allow this to happen, the only "special" track is the lifthills. Please take this discussion to the speculation topic before someone gets upset

I dont mean to be rude about this but have you been on the constuction site 24/7 watching every single delivery NO you havent so you cant say there is anything like this in the inside section.

Mrloverlubba
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 8:53 pm

JammyBand wrote:
I just realised something. When Alton teased us by leaving the Smiler car half way through the track, this was by the 'HALF WAY CORRECTED' sign. Could this have been an early clue/teaser about the latest Smile.Always video, where Miles Cedars was only 50% corrected (half way corrected  ;)

Was Miles Cedar the first test subject to ride the smiler?
Are the test dummies supposed to be representing Miles Cedars and other advocates?
I think this could be largely related.

(Posted in Marketing topic as well.)

I saw a similar comment on the YT video, and messaged AT about this and got this MUCHLY REVEALING reply:

[spoiler]Thank you for your' mesage[/spoiler]

Mrloverlubba
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Kieran141 wrote:
Andzdrew wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:
i have just relaised that the cart could not revolve around the track because look at how the trak is designed there is no way th cart would ever revolve around that unless there is a special sectin of track what does this in the inside section. only time will tell

Umm, ok..... This is not just aimed at you, but just thought it would be beneficial for you to know.... THERE IS NO WASHING MACHINE ELEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!!! We've seen all the track installed and at nowhere did we see some form of mechanism that would enable this to happen.... It's a nice thought...... But that's all it'll ever stay..... a thought.

We're not talking about the washing machine, i mean no disrespect but could you look at the conversation next time :( We're discussing a mechanism (that would be fairly simple) that would turn the train 180 degress so that you finish off part of the track backwards (like the turntable on stormforce 10 at drayton manor, except as a roller coaster)

There is no track installed that would allow this to happen, the only "special" track is the lifthills. Please take this discussion to the speculation topic before someone gets upset

I dont mean to be rude about this but have you been on the constuction site 24/7 watching every single delivery NO you havent so you cant say there is anything like this in the inside section.

Also, remember they released images a few months ago in which parts of the photograph hat to be blacked out

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Could someone please bring these lads upto date?

SmileyMan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Mrloverlubba wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:
Andzdrew wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:

Also, remember they released images a few months ago in which parts of the photograph hat to be blacked out

Yes, I agree with you MrLoverLabba. I have brought this up before, but has been overlooked. It was on the long straight piece of track (We pressume from the game), however why would they censor this if it wasn't to do with the secret element.

SmileyMan

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:00 pm

SmileyMan wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:
Andzdrew wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:

Yes, I agree with you MrLoverLabba. I have brought this up before, but has been overlooked. It was on the long straight piece of track (We pressume from the game), however why would they censor this if it wasn't to do with the secret element.

SmileyMan

Because they didn't want us to see the extra inversion, they were hiding the fact the coaster was going for the inversion record, thats also why the plans didn't show all the inversions.

owenjohn
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:01 pm

SmileyMan wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:
Andzdrew wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:

SmileyMan

The only thing that was covered up was the indoor inversion!

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:02 pm

It hid the indoor heartline roll because Alton didn't want the Chinese knowing they were going for the record inversions. If you want secret element that adds time to the ride look at the lifthills and think freefall drop

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:02 pm

owenjohn wrote:
SmileyMan wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:
Andzdrew wrote:
Mrloverlubba wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Kieran141 wrote:

SmileyMan

The only thing that was covered up was the indoor inversion!

The indoor inversion was the only inversion not present in the planning application built at the time, as soon as the game came out revealing the extra inversions it was uncensored.

jackgcse
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Well...Who else is looking forward to the Smiler's 23rd May opening!???  :lol: hahhaha

Ostacchini
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:03 pm

The last few pages of this thread have been extremely painful to read...

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Ostacchini wrote:

My Bad........

Ostacchini
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:13 pm

SwEDEN wrote:
Ostacchini wrote:

My Bad........

It wasn't you, don't worry.

Anyway I'd like to stay on topic, but to be honest there really is nothing left to talk about right now, sorry mods.

aircanman
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Would really love to bring the construction of this back to life, things are still being done, and I really want to see a testing video.  That would be the icing on the cake for me.

Liam B
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:16 pm

this is a sad time in construction. we have very little to discuss now. the only place another possible worlds first could take place is inside BUT not to do with the track. But there is no clue to what that could be :( we are scuppered and just have to sit here waiting for more photo's...

Mrloverlubba
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 pm

2014 - 2 x large scale family attractions installed
2015 - 1 x world’s 1st roller coaster
2016 - SW8

These are the apparent installations for the next few years, and sticking with SMiler related construction, could you see an ongoing theme with Smiler / get corrected rides?

TheSmiler1998
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Jesus, I know I'm no stranger to a rant and getting a slapped wrist but really there's been like 4 rants in as many hours. We are acting like cannibles as our food, the construction , is running out!
This picture sums up my thoughts of the last 5 hous or so...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=spong ... AXPrYDoBg#
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

TheSmiler1998
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:27 pm

TheSmiler1998 wrote:
Jesus, I know I'm no stranger to a rant and getting a slapped wrist but really there's been like 4 rants in as many hours. We are acting like cannibles as our food, the construction , is running out!

Edit ignore that link that was an old post link I needed! This is the one I wanted
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=that+ ... 6zaFXlM%3A

Ps accidental double post! I might of well as not posted  :roll:
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Mrloverlubba
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 9:29 pm

TheSmiler1998 wrote:
TheSmiler1998 wrote:

Edit ignore that link that was an old post link I needed! This is the one I wanted
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=that+ ... 6zaFXlM%3A

Ps accidental double post! I might of well as not posted  :roll:

You put me in hysterics with the first link, hahaa