UK theme parks from another point of view!

Lorenashley
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Fri May 10, 2013 11:40 am

Long time lurker here.......just wanted to say that video is amazing! I've got goosebumps, the music is well creepy and it fits perfectly. Literally cannot wait to ride this. :D

DeanGaryCox
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 11:55 am

watching the rider view of The Smiler compared to one from Saw The Ride... definitely seems a lot smoother!  :lol:
Image 2014

ManiaMuse
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 11:59 am

Wonder if the 2nd bunny hop will get trimmed a bit more? Looks like it is held back ever so slightly on the uphill part but still flies over the crest.

Danny

Fri May 10, 2013 12:05 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
Edit: also new entrance sign. Again just like the game. I hate to say it but I reckon we will have that rainbow staircase lmao.

Surely that's a good thing? I thought that would have been your favourite feature to the entire ride, Matt! ;)

A
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Holy $>!¥ that second bunny hill is going to be close!!!!!
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:23 pm

They're doing training with the trains on the pinch brakes doing an evacuation

Also surely they stopped it at the v lift edited out on the video because it hits a brake run and then stops at the bottom the gets onto the chain thing etc. that takes time and the average person non enthusiast would be like oh is that it it etc. edit it down saves time waiting watching nothing.

Gax
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:24 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
I'm sorry how many coincidences do we need with that vertical lift! I'm becoming more and more inclined to think that there is a fall back feature. Why edit it out? Just why?

Edit: also new entrance sign. Again just like the game. I hate to say it but I reckon we will have that rainbow staircase lmao.

They also edited out the first lift hill though. Just kinda boring to watch cars going up lift hills. I really don't understand why everyone has this idea that there is going to be some amazing worlds first secret revealed? We have the roller coaster with the most inversions in the world with one 'secret' inversion in the dark. That is the worlds first, that is the record, that is the 'secret weapon'. Yeah there will be some other cool effects etc. but we all already know what the 'SW' or 'worlds first' is. It's Thirteen all over again! People just setting themselves up for disappointment!

(On a lighter note, the ride looks bloody incredible!)

Barty
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:31 pm

WOW! Lets stop the complaining... this thing is a work of art like my dad said! It will look even nicer with dueling trains

GigaSurimi
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:40 pm

SwEDEN wrote:
JayJay90 wrote:

It's so tacky :(

Oh FFS!!
This topic is a bunch of complaints! People complaining about:
- tacky yellow colors,
- dirty footers,
- tacky marmaliser,
- fencing not being "right",
- smiler logo on train being a bad thing,
- trains having OTSR,
- blabla and hundreds of meaningless details...
- people complaining about people that complain (which I'm part of, don't get me wrong...).

This ride is going to be awesome, I mean honestly just stay positive instead of picking on every little thing, you know you're going to ride it even thought you feel bad because they had to cut off a bit of the toilet roof to fit the footers, and you're going to enjoy it. This ride looks like a masterpiece, enough said.

I personally think this entrance fits perfectly with the whole feel and theming of the Smiler, from what I've seen on pictures at least.

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:47 pm

Work going on with the trains while they are on the vertical lift:

Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Fri May 10, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimbo1
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:48 pm

im not being funny but that is pretty tacky entrance, compared to previous entrances,  other then that this ride looks AMAZING!!

owenjohn
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:49 pm

GigaSurimi wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
JayJay90 wrote:

Oh FFS!!
- tacky yellow colors,
- dirty footers,
- tacky marmaliser,
- trains having OTSR,
- people complaining about people that complain (which I'm part of, don't get me wrong...).

This ride is going to be awesome, I mean honestly just stay positive instead of picking on every little thing, you know you're going to ride it even thought you feel bad because they had to cut off a bit of the toilet roof to fit the footers, and you're going to enjoy it. This ride looks like a masterpiece, enough said.

I personally think this entrance fits perfectly with the whole feel and theming of the Smiler, from what I've seen on pictures at least.

Entrance sign looks like an LED panel!

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:54 pm

GigaSurimi wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
JayJay90 wrote:

Oh FFS!!
- tacky yellow colors,
- dirty footers,
- tacky marmaliser,
- trains having OTSR,

They should have done it using metal like the Marmalisers legs, rather than a huge yellow cardboard box ;)

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:55 pm

We now have a train held (still vertical) on the lifthill, and some staff with no tools looking to be practising the evacuation. If they can do it vertically at the bottom then they can do it at the top, no need to roll the train back for evac... Add to that all the coinsidences with only the trains cresting the lifthills being shown... And I think we have our spoiler moment

bbooth2
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 12:58 pm

im just gonna let the people who are disappointed sit and cry about it cause I think this coaster is absolutely unbelievable. the themeing is quality, the marmaliser looks wicked, the entrance sign is mint, and the trains look awesome,

this coaster is world class, just because it doesn't jump off the track and do a backflip doesn't mean this ride is automatically a let down, time for some people to grow up I think

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 pm

What's going on currently and the new entrance to The Smiler:

Evostance
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Andzdrew wrote:
We now have a train held (still vertical) on the lifthill, and some staff with no tools looking to be practising the evacuation. If they can do it vertically at the bottom then they can do it at the top, no need to roll the train back for evac... Add to that all the coinsidences with only the trains cresting the lifthills being shown... And I think we have our spoiler moment

Or the fins were just magnets to hold it in place for the evacuation

Shangalaing
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Andzdrew wrote:

With due respect I think your missing the point, they don't need to do evac at the top, there is no anti rollback device. The only reason the train would stop at the top is if the chain motor got stuck. The pinch brakes at the bottom are there if the train rolls back due to a chain snap, they can hold it in place to be evacuated or slowly release it into the horizontal.

Asides from that, the ride does look incredible, I love how the train ducks under itself going into the cobra roll!
Kiss my oblivion

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 1:06 pm

Guess I'll stop banging my head against a wall and wait patiently for the press day next week

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 10, 2013 1:07 pm

bbooth2 wrote:
im just gonna let the people who are disappointed sit and cry about it cause I think this coaster is absolutely unbelievable. the themeing is quality, the marmaliser looks wicked, the entrance sign is mint, and the trains look awesome,

this coaster is world class, just because it doesn't jump off the track and do a backflip doesn't mean this ride is automatically a let down, time for some people to grow up I think

spot on ! Well done mate
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough