UK theme parks from another point of view!

Saz
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Fri May 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Does anyone know where the path to our left of the entrance (based on the photo above) leads to? I know that the intially planned plaza has not been included, but has part of it remained perhaps?
Yes it's a floating hedgehog.

davey_will1980
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Ha ha that just made me laugh, first few times we went to AT I was scared of coasters going upside down and would go on the black hole, first time asking does this go upside down because i'm not going on it if it does, seems ironic that on that sight now stands the coaster that goes upside down more than any other and I can't wait to ride :)

Really does look awesome, have to say this is At at the absolute best I believe

jbuckton18 wrote:
Danny wrote:
Credit to ATG, the main queueline sign is now being installed:

I wonder if one of the 'do not ride if you are..'' warnings are

''If you don't like going upside down .. well .. yeh'' ;)

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Just a quick question really.... Am I right in thinking this is the worlds first self-duelling coaster if it does duel?

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

Liam B
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:31 pm

Phild94 wrote:
Just a quick question really.... Am I right in thinking this is the worlds first self-duelling coaster if it does duel?

by self dueling do you mean that its the first one to duel without 2 tracks? eh I don't think it will be. There must be another one.

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:32 pm

hambletwins wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

by self dueling do you mean that its the first one to duel without 2 tracks? eh I don't think it will be. There must be another one.

Wasn't there duelling dragons, or as I believe it's now called: Dragon Challenge?

Moley
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:34 pm

SwEDEN wrote:
hambletwins wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

Wasn't there duelling dragons, or as I believe it's now called: Dragon Challenge?

2 tracks and even those don't duel anymore.

Liam B
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:34 pm

SwEDEN wrote:

yes but that was 2 separate tracks. there are tons of dueling roller coasters out there. like stampida at port aventura. but he's asking if this is the only one with only 1 track dueling itself

SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Moley wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
hambletwins wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot about the whole 2 tracks thing...... Please pardon my stupidity.

RobJackson85
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:42 pm

SwEDEN wrote:
Moley wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
hambletwins wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

Oh yeah, forgot about the whole 2 tracks thing...... Please pardon my stupidity.

A mobious coaster? Grand National at Blackpool has only one track.
http://www.torn.com/1562191 - Torn City, free online txt based RPG. Sign up through this link, get to level 10 and earn 5 million in-game $'s

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:48 pm

RobJackson85 wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Moley wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
hambletwins wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

im almost 100% sure it has 2 tracks :L
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough

RCD27
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 2:54 pm

jbuckton18 wrote:
RobJackson85 wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
Moley wrote:
SwEDEN wrote:
hambletwins wrote:
Phild94 wrote:

im almost 100% sure it has 2 tracks :L

Technically it has 1 track as you join the opposite station when you finish.
Sonic Saw Stealth Smiler

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 3:03 pm

And now moving swiftly back on topic...
Last edited by PeteB on Fri May 17, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gallopbob
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 3:11 pm

If it indeed has been constructed to self duel, will we actually even appreciate the effort gone into makeing it work?  This ride will be so intense with so much theming in between other tains on the track, that i doubt as you ride, you would be able to tell, either way??

PeteB
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm just looking at the pics of the entrance, all the usual stuff going up - queue time board, safety, minimum height etc.

I wonder if there will be the traditional 'test seat'?  We didn't get one for Th13teen but I suppose with it being a family ride they didn't need it.

Gax
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 3:28 pm

PeteB wrote:
I'm just looking at the pics of the entrance, all the usual stuff going up - queue time board, safety, minimum height etc.

I wonder if there will be the traditional 'test seat'?  We didn't get one for Th13teen but I suppose with it being a family ride they didn't need it.

I think there will be, Thirteen probably doesn't have one because it just uses a simple lap bar, whereas OTSRs have a higher chance of not fitting.

Joshysqaushy
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 3:50 pm

Gax wrote:
PeteB wrote:

I think there will be, Thirteen probably doesn't have one because it just uses a simple lap bar, whereas OTSRs have a higher chance of not fitting.

Saw has one so i imagine the Smiler will have one (off topic i know  :|)
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-R-f-2wp74
UPDATES: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=37998&start=40

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Love how the entrance is so interactive! They have gone all out for this ride!! :D shame about the mist
Well lack of in the entrance, I was hoping for loads like for it to create a wall almost so you can't see through it! But still rather have little mist than no mist ;)
Last edited by arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? on Fri May 17, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 4:03 pm

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Love how the enterence is so interative! They have gone all out for this ride!! :D shame about the mist
Well lack of in the enterence, I was hoping for loads like for it to create a wall almost so you can't see through it! But still rather have little mist than no mist ;)

I love your imaginative ideas !
Last edited by Richardio123 on Fri May 17, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Pending.. ;D

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Good to see it running with no test dummies and running at full speed without the screeching sound  :D

Static Veins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 17, 2013 4:16 pm

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
Love how the enterence is so interative! They have gone all out for this ride!! :D shame about the mist
Well lack of in the enterence, I was hoping for loads like for it to create a wall almost so you can't see through it! But still rather have little mist than no mist ;)

I believe the mist you can see in that video is from the Giggler leg in the background, not the misters (if that is indeed what they are) at the top of the entrance archways.