UK theme parks from another point of view!

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sun May 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
PeteB wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
PeteB wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
PeteB wrote:
Chaz wrote:

PeteB wrote:
Danny wrote:
As a nod to the project name, The Smiler features SW7 on the station building [credit to TPW]:

Is that real or just a trick of the camera angle?

Real. All Secret Weapons have a silent 'nod' to their original code name.

LOL!

Chaz wrote:
Oblivion's is easy to see, Nemesis I believe had since been removed, AIR and Th13teen's has yet to be discovered? Whilst these could be common myths I thinks it's a perfect all-round finish.

Nemesis has SW3 on the Mushroom Tours bus. SW4 on Oblivion is all over the place.  However you won't find any SW markings on Air or Th13teen because they don't exist, which is why I'm surprised to see SW7 on The Smiler.  :)

So you're telling me you've never seen the carving in the big tree in the side of TH13TEEN's station?  :-s

I'm afraid I haven't. Feel free to make me look a fool.  :lol:

Tbh I was lucky to even see it,unless it was a trick of the light (most likely the second) t was quite small and I only saw it on-ride  :?

Ah here we're go with the excuses haha :P

Well it sure looked like it!
Anyway back on topic (I will be creating a new topic in 'Alton towers genral') who thinks that they should have made SW7 a little more desecrate?

Maybe but most people wont understand it anyway. We get the joys of explaining what "SW7" means.

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:08 pm

TPW reporting on Facebook that temporary fencing has been errected, more then likely for the opening day que for the Smiler...

P.S. its the wrong side of the flag stones lol
Last edited by clayj on Sun May 19, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:18 pm

CoasterCrazyChris wrote:
The marmaliser is an impressive structure, the LED board looks great and there are some good theming features but overall it feels like they have just stuck anything on now matter how silly (bins, barrels, car wash brushes) which is not 'clever' but highlights a lack of creative ability on behalf of Merlin Studios.

Well what kind of theming do you envisage?

Honestly, I love the Marmaliser and the hole idea behind it - A spider that does various things to ruffles peoples feathers. It has a great sense of humor behind it. But what do you want? A huge fibreglass tablet?? Hospital beds around the place? Or maybe you want a huge 3D Mural of a man being tube fed? - these ideas are untidy fails compared to the Marmiliser.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

harry
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 pm

I really dislike those queue-line fences. I always manage to trip on them and they generally look like something a travelling fun-fair would erect their queues out of.

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Cannot wait to ride this

I think it looks fantastic, I just hope this ride can correct the ques efficiently as possible

RubyGaga
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 pm

clayj wrote:
TPW reporting on Facebook that temporary fencing has been errected, more then likely for the opening day que for the Smiler...

Oh wow thats right out of Xsector :yikes:
I hope thats for the pre-opening queue.
If I get there in June and the queue is that long I think ill pass out

Image ImageImageImage

bbooth2
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:36 pm

Well. That's certainly changed my 9oclock sprint. Which way do I run!? Haha

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:37 pm

RubyGaga wrote:
clayj wrote:

Oh wow thats right out of Xsector :yikes:
I hope thats for the pre-opening queue.
If I get there in June and the queue is that long I think ill pass out

Fast Pass? I think that what I will do when I visit in June!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:41 pm

iriderides101 wrote:
Fast Pass? I think that what I will do when I visit in June!

It won't have fast pass that early. May not even have it until next season.
But damn I don't wanna run, my feet hurt as it is.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

rossdeadmanz
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Has there been any information from AT about the availability of Fastrack Passes for The Smiler?

Kirsty25

Sun May 19, 2013 8:42 pm

rossdeadmanz wrote:
Has there been any information from AT about the availability of Fastrack Passes for The Smiler?

Alton Towers have stated that Fastrack won't be available until later this season or next season :)

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm going 16th of June, hoping it won't be that long in the morning :shock: :shock: :shock:
Poop. Always

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 pm

I presume that will just be somewhere for everyone waiting for The Smiler in the morning to queue before it actually opens at 10 as a lot of people will head straight there at 9 o'clock

James-Allgood
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 8:54 pm

if people are still moaning about effects not working forever take a look at oblivion its smoke is still working ;)

RubyGaga
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 pm

ollboll9 wrote:
I'm going 16th of June, hoping it won't be that long in the morning :shock: :shock: :shock:

Going june 15th+16th, me and my girlfriend have decided that were gonna buy the £20 fastpass, so we can queue for the smiler and have chance to go on everything else - because we dont live close to alton. Hoping not to spend the full two days queuing ;)
Also, praying that there arent many live actors. They scare us both more than anything

Image ImageImageImage

TheSmiler1998
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 9:02 pm

James-Allgood wrote:
if people are still moaning about effects not working forever take a look at oblivion its smoke is still working ;)

To want to rain on your parade but this is the first year in several it has been working

RubyGaga wrote:
ollboll9 wrote:

Going june 15th+16th, me and my girlfriend have decided that were gonna buy the £20 fastpass, so we can queue for the smiler and have chance to go on everything else - because we dont live close to alton. Hoping not to spend the full two days queuing ;)
Also, praying that there arent many live actors. They scare us both more than anything

I'm hoping you're not expecting smiler fast track a,s they're not doing that yet
Ps: not having a go just trying to helpful but I am often misconstrued
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

RCandrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 9:03 pm

That's exactly what me and my girlfriend were thinking of doing, think we might :)

RubyGaga
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm

TheSmiler1998 wrote:
James-Allgood wrote:

To want to rain on your parade but this is the first year in several it has been working

RubyGaga wrote:
ollboll9 wrote:

I'm hoping you're not expecting smiler fast track a,s they're not doing that yet
Ps: not having a go just trying to helpful but I am often misconstrued

Thanks for the advice but i meant were getting the fasttrack for the other rollercoasters :)

Image ImageImageImage

hursty
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 9:13 pm

nicksy111 wrote:
I presume that will just be somewhere for everyone waiting for The Smiler in the morning to queue before it actually opens at 10 as a lot of people will head straight there at 9 o'clock

I'm hoping that's the case!  [-o<

What's the general consensus/thoughts on the maximum waiting time for a full (ie back to the ride entrance) queue? Maybe 2, 2 1/2 hours?

arsenalfan-1
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 19, 2013 9:21 pm

hursty wrote:
nicksy111 wrote:

I'm hoping that's the case!  [-o<

What's the general consensus/thoughts on the maximum waiting time for a full (ie back to the ride entrance) queue? Maybe 2, 2 1/2 hours?

It might be pushing on to 3 hours maybe?
Thanks Lewis97