UK theme parks from another point of view!

aress
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Fri May 24, 2013 8:24 pm

[email protected]$ wrote:
warrenashcroft wrote:
The Smiler Game - All Top Secrets Unlocked  8)

*SNIP!*

CAN YOU PUT THE IMAGES ON HERE TO GET THESE PLEASE!

Oh yeah, please could someone post the scan codes here, I live in Glasgow and can't get anywhere near AT til September!

I've been at work all day, was any further construction done? Hope I'm not bringing up an already answered question!  :)

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:25 pm

@Jackandylan - Thanks! I remember this trick is something that was used to excuse Santa Claus or the Easter bunny for something - seems to work somewhat  8)
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

Ryster
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 pm

TheOutpatient wrote:
I know- What if we make up a back story for the closure??

I know- let's not, and say we did. ;)

jamjamz
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:26 pm

tallicay2k wrote:
jamjamz wrote:
If AT are given everyone fastpass and free entry for the next time they go then what is the problem. Everything that is newly built  will have problems. Some worse than others but without doubt will have problems.
Like i said, if it takes wks to fix it then so be it. There is nothing we can do but wait even though we have waited long enough.

I think we just all need to be patient and see what Alton got to say over the next thew days...thats if they say anything at all. ;)

You go on and say patience, but we were all givin a set date (23rd) and it was that date right up until about 20 hours of opening that day only to find its still not open n they can't even say when it will be open. What is annoying is that they are keeping very quiet and not saying much n just saying stuff on a day to day basis, which isn't good if you live quite a way away + also got to get time off work.
Why give a set date when they knew it Wernt gonna be finished is my argument.

I am as gutted and annoyed as u are but Alton have got serious problems with the smiler and all im saying is we just all need to be patient. There is nothing we can do but wait. The way Alton have delt with the situation is so wrong and out of control. This is why they havent said anything because i realy dont think they know therselfs. And i also live 3hr+ away that being the reason i never went to opening day in the end because i didnt want to be let down if anything had gone wrong....which it did.  Also do you realy think Alton would have known 2days before opening and only told us 20hrs before opening.....no. They told us asoon as they knew they could not open the ride which was 20hrs before opening. It is gutting and i do feel for the people who could only book time off from work for the opening day but just look at all rollercoaster history and most if not all rides go through problems. Its just common knowledge that new things will have problems.

Also it was finished, if it wasnt no one would have been aloud on it and thats including all the press, blue peter etc etc.. The smiler was ready to go. Im not sticking up for Alton but you got to give them abit of slack.....the problem with the smiler was totaly out of Altons control...The way they have dealt with the situation...well now thats totaly in their control and trust me they are allready paying for it.
Last edited by jamjamz on Fri May 24, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:28 pm

Ryster wrote:
TheOutpatient wrote:
I know- What if we make up a back story for the closure??

I know- let's not, and say we did. ;)

Why would you do that?
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

homer22422
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:32 pm

I don't know if this is wrong information or if Alton Towers was planning for this delay.

Listen to what the news reporter says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSnDM3g3XLA

Next Sunday?

It's probably just wrong information or Alton Towers was planning for this all the time.

Look at the time of the clock from part of the marketing of the smiler (it reads 5:14) Which was the same day when that news report was on.

The date it aired was the 14 Th of may. may = 5    14= 14  5:14

So what do you think?

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 pm

WOAH the fencing around the queue line entrance is gone! Could this mean tomorrow opening?
Credit to Towers street
Last edited by Owen on Fri May 24, 2013 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Static Veins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
WOAH the fencing around the queue line entrance is gone! Could this mean tomorrow opening?
Credit to Towers street

Already confirmed by AT it's not opening tomorrow. Soft opening though... Unlikely, but possible. It's hard to say without knowing what the real problem is.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:42 pm

Static Veins wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
Credit to Towers street

Already confirmed by AT it's not opening tomorrow. Soft opening though... Unlikely, but possible. It's hard to say without knowing what the real problem is.

See this is what I thought,unless they are closing the whole of X-Sector tomorrow as well

Static Veins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
Static Veins wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:

*SNIP*

Credit to Towers street

See this is what I thought,unless they are closing the whole of X-Sector tomorrow as well

Actually, that may be an old photo. There's no CCTV cameras round the entrance sign!

JAMMYD777
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:44 pm

That image was taken a few days ago. The entrance board and height restriction board are not there however they have been in place for a few days now. I wouldn't imagine opening until everything is 100% complete.

Magerita
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:44 pm

[/quote]

SURE HOPE NOT!
My name's actually Rita ,so feel free to call me that  ahhah :P

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 8:57 pm

Does anyone know anything else about the train stalling?  :?

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 9:03 pm

James97 wrote:

Rumour

aircanman
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 9:11 pm

James97 wrote:

I have gotta say, Alton Towers kept things pretty well under wraps during the construction of the Smiler, and to be honest, if word gets out that the car has actually stalled, or if there is proof of it, it will seriously dent the Smiler reputation before it has even opened, so Alton are going to do whatever they can to keep this quiet, so don't expect to see any proof whatsoever.  What will most likely happen is AT will just announce its opening out of the blue, and all is well.... Either that or MI7 will be released, getting the exclusive.

LaurenceGough
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 9:15 pm

I was told by a member of staff today that Oblivion will be running tomorrow.. The Smiler has a lift crane which seemed to be stationary all day near the track... I couldn't tell what it was doing.
Assume the position...

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Fri May 24, 2013 9:24 pm

Right so there apparently wasn't much going on The Smiler site, probably because it's all done now. However, there was a crane that didn't move all day apparently, positioned down by the pit. I'm aware a train stalling is just a rumour, but if this was the case it is understandably why AT closed X-Sector. Also, if they did need to pull the train through they may have wanted to wait until closing hours to prevent the GP from seeing the train as it was hoisted up...

Th13TEENGUY
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
Credit to Towers street

What happened to the signs above the queue line And the measurement board etc ?
LCFC til i die

warrenashcroft
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 pm

Th13TEENGUY wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:

Credit to Towers street

What happened to the signs above the queue line And the measurement board etc ?

This is an old photo.

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 24, 2013 9:26 pm

you can stall a ride train on the smiler game now, found that quite amusing.