UK theme parks from another point of view!

aircanman
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat May 25, 2013 12:11 pm

There is a chance that the train has been removed and new wheels been put on it, or some other adjustments. So we may see this happening over the next few days as all trains are repaired/retrofitted.

XXBENNXX

Sat May 25, 2013 12:17 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
Hmm seems to point towards H&S again though. As many have mentioned. They won't work BH's so it will be Wednesday I think now. God I hope it's open by the Wednesday after. It's when I go! :/

Same me and the wife are going that wednesday to friday!

B3N7AM1N.712
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:25 pm

Can someone please clarify with me has one of the trains stalled??? :?
:D THE SMILER :D

Jack
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:27 pm

B3N7AM1N.712 wrote:
Can someone please clarify with me has one of the trains stalled??? :?

No official statement from Towers :( Just telling people that it's having 'Teething Problems' :roll:

Adam
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:29 pm

Guys even if a train did stall it could be something as simple as them testing the fins and it happened to slow the train down slightly too much.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."

fillc85
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Could it be possible they were testing the reverse freefall thing to see if it could be done? and the train didnt slow enough and continued backwards? That might be why they been quiet

TheSmiler1998
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:40 pm

fillc85 wrote:
Could it be possible they were testing the reverse freefall thing to see if it could be done? and the train didnt slow enough and continued backwards? That might be why they been quiet

Where but we would have seen that with so many people there hovering  in the smiler area all day, everyday
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Danny

Sat May 25, 2013 12:43 pm

fillc85 wrote:

Not really, seeing as there isn't a reverse freefall on the ride ;)

fillc85
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:44 pm

TheSmiler1998 wrote:
fillc85 wrote:

Where but we would have seen that with so many people there hovering  in the smiler area all day, everyday

I disagree no one saw it stalling, no one knows why the crane is there

TheSmiler1998
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:45 pm

fillc85 wrote:
TheSmiler1998 wrote:
fillc85 wrote:

No one saw it stalling because it stalling is a rumour!  :roll:
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

fillc85
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:48 pm

TheSmiler1998 wrote:
fillc85 wrote:
TheSmiler1998 wrote:
fillc85 wrote:

No one saw it stalling because it stalling is a rumour!  :roll:

Which proves my point, and u contridicted your self, saying
Last edited by fillc85 on Sat May 25, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nemesis_nut
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:49 pm

fillc85 wrote:

Stalling is a rumour, but we know the crane was used to remove carriages/carriage

fillc85
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Danny wrote:
fillc85 wrote:

Without talking fins again, we esablished with them being there a reverse fall could be done. and if i had spent 18mil on a coaster i would at least test to see if it could be done

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 12:55 pm

I don't think there could have been cows.
I realised immediately the cow is photoshopped into the picture but I thought they might just be illustrating a funny rumor.
The reason I don't think there could have been cows per say is because Alton Towers would be entirely fenced in right, even though cows have been known to go wondering- I distintcly remember when a menagerie of young & old cows was seen heading through an estate in the morning, one day last year.

Danny wrote:

Thats not what he said. Read again....
Last edited by TheOutpatient on Sat May 25, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

Dr.Kelham
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 1:00 pm

TheOutpatient wrote:
I don't think there could have been cows.
I realised immediately the cow is photoshopped into the picture but I thought they might just be illustrating a funny rumor.
The reason I don't think there could have been cows per say is because Alton Towers would be entirely fenced in right, even though cows have been known to go wondering- I distintcly remember when a menagerie of young & old cows was seen heading through an estate in the morning, one day last year.

I think you need to make yourself an appointment and getcorrected ;) :moj when it opens of course :)

Sorry found it too funny :)
With thanks to lewis97 :)

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Dr.Kelham wrote:

I think you need to make yourself an appointment and getcorrected ;) :moj when it opens of course :)

Sorry found it too funny :)

Is there any chance I could get it on the NHS? Then I would get corrected every day.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

Altitude
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Wait so are we paying Correction tax or what? ;)

Danny

Sat May 25, 2013 1:45 pm

They won't have tested to see if a reverse freefall is possible, it's as simple as that. They're already suffering enough with this project to then take a blind step into the darkness to test a feature the ride will not include. The only way to truly establish if this was even possible to begin with would be to ask Gerts themselves.

fillc85 wrote:
i had spent 18mil on a coaster i would at least test to see if it could be done

If I had spent £18m on a coaster, I would be getting it to do what it was designed to do, not cocking it up even further when its missed two deadlines for an opening date.
Last edited by Danny on Sat May 25, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom G
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 25, 2013 1:55 pm

Has anyone else heard of an inversion needing to be lowered following yesterday's stall? A builder told my uncle that they need to change a bit of track.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sat May 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Tom G wrote:
Has anyone else heard of an inversion needing to be lowered following yesterday's stall? A builder told my uncle that they need to change a bit of track.

We have seen the train complete the circuit, so if for whatever reason it has stalled it will be due to either something being wrong with the trains which has caused too much friction, or it happened whilst testing the trims. Therefore, there would be no need to change the track itself.