UK theme parks from another point of view!

JammyBand
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Wed May 29, 2013 8:26 pm

I reckon it is quite possible. The krave teaser and such would suggest it is opening very soon. It looks done but there may well be many technical issues and things they need to address first. I would not get it into your head it is opening on Friday, there is a large possibility it will not open then!

Astro61201
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 8:27 pm

I think so I did see a Gerst's employee in B&Q buying washers :)
cant wait!, cant wait!, cant wait! :uk:

Richardio123
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 8:28 pm

tallicay2k wrote:
Clolossus wrote:
just saw the short tv advert on channel 5, that must be promising...

Yup...as promising as the Great British weather....

I saw that 7 times between the hours of 6 and 9 on different channels :)
Signature Pending.. ;D

Liam B
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Astro61201 wrote:
Kenzie2012 wrote:
Astro61201 wrote:
it is very likely

how is it very likely!?!?!
Because Fencing is pretty much done trains have been conformed to be testing by another member of the forum and gersts are on sight also, god knows how much there has been done on the inside

the trains have not been confirmed to be testing. Someone mentioned that they moved a train into the station. That was it! They probably have been testing at night for some time now. And even though the queue line and fencing is done there may be more out lying problems that need to be dealt with before opening that we will never know of so it could still be a while till it opens but it might open soon! We just need to wait and see.

truckaddict
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 8:42 pm

Image has anyone else noticed this? And before you ask it wasn't me, I don't no how to change this stuff
Last edited by truckaddict on Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bi and proud

SmileyMan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 8:45 pm

glen191 wrote:
Has the support problem at the end of the first lift hill been sorted.

No and It won't, they have put heavy bolts and washers and are going to leave it
Last edited by SmileyMan on Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmileyMan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 pm

truckaddict wrote:
Image has anyone else noticed this? And before you ask it wasn't me, I don't no how to change this stuff

Eugh I hate liars, it was edited 10 minutes a go which was 2 mins before you posted this... Wow... Someone's desperate
Last edited by SmileyMan on Wed May 29, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B3N7AM1N.712
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm

One quick question  :D

Does the "park closes ............. Queue times to follow" apply to new rides on the first few days of their opening?

Sorry if this is a stupid question
:?
:D THE SMILER :D

XXBENNXX

Wed May 29, 2013 8:52 pm

to be fair people on this forum outright called me a liar when i dropped the "will not be open on the 23rd" bombshell .... and i had proof. don't be so hasty with words. it's not polite, perhaps it is testing again.

SmileyMan
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 8:55 pm

XXBENNXX wrote:
to be fair people on this forum outright called me a liar when i dropped the "will not be open on the 23rd" bombshell .... and i had proof. don't be so hasty with words. it's not polite, perhaps it is testing again.

Yes but this is very different, you had proof, this is just an enthusiast getting to happy and ends up lying to have wierd proof that he thinks is funny but is stuff we know... It's stupid

XXBENNXX

Wed May 29, 2013 9:00 pm

ok here is what i am thinking, people that have booked for the end of may have received emails stating they may like to rebook. yesterday i received a final email with all the useful information such as restaurant opening times waterpark prices spa prices etc, for the 5-7 june. With no mention of the smiler being closed, it also contains info like ride opening times and that we get ERT with a massive banner across the bottom stating JOIN US ..... the smiler opens may 2013. this leads me to believe that it will be open by next wednesday when i arrive at the towers. i could be wrong but hey i am thinking friday is your day.

JAMMYD777
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:03 pm

The Krave promotion teaser image was not due to the opening of the smiler, it is for the build up to the competition Krave are running for people to win VIP Smiler prizes and the competition starts on the 3rd June. They are merely promoting there upcoming competition, not the opening of the smiler.

Any opening of the ride will purely be coincidence.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Off to towers tomorrow and Friday. It's always so exciting the night before for us as we only go once maybe twice a year, so the AT monopoly's been out and the top trumps however as I am getting up at 4 I'm off to bed. As the smiler isn't open tomorrow ill bring you an update tomorrow night! :)

TheCoolDog
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:23 pm

danny.g97 wrote:
Off to towers tomorrow and Friday. It's always so exciting the night before for us as we only go once maybe twice a year, so the AT monopoly's been out and the top trumps however as I am getting up at 4 I'm off to bed. As the smiler isn't open tomorrow ill bring you an update tomorrow night! :)

I'll be there tomoz and friday too :) hope it opens.
I'm new!

LaurenceGough
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:25 pm

I thought the trim brakes were useful in getting the hang time feeling of going slow at the top and then full speed back down - extending the sequence.

Like Stealth at Thorpe Park, it's better the slower you go over to the top.

I dunno, maybe I'm just alone on this thought!

I think Thorpe Park this weekend, The Smiler next!!

- Typed in The Smiler t-shirt lol  8)
Assume the position...

N3m3s1s
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 pm

Just got back from towers. Phew! I won't post pictures as the others seem to have shown all activity. I must say, this thing is ready to go! Only about 2 areas of queue need painting, but that's about it. Queue screens were testing today. They show basically the 5 mind manipulating elements (as on the marmy screens). I did manage to spot "Global Recruitment" at one point, so that should be interesting. There were staff cleaning the area (litter pickers and brooms etc) again today. The Gerst shipping container is on site (in the forest between Spinball and X-Sector), along with a Gerst car. I was told by 3 workers about night testing. A guy in a suit told me 'not long', so hang in there! Hope this helps!

Smile. Always. :moj

JMR
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 pm

N3m3s1s wrote:
Just got back from towers. Phew! I won't post pictures as the others seem to have shown all activity. I must say, this thing is ready to go! Only about 2 areas of queue need painting, but that's about it. Queue screens were testing today. They show basically the 5 mind manipulating elements (as on the marmy screens). I did manage to spot "Global Recruitment" at one point, so that should be interesting. There were staff cleaning the area (litter pickers and brooms etc) again today. The Gerst shipping container is on site (in the forest between Spinball and X-Sector), along with a Gerst car. I was told by 3 workers about night testing. A guy in a suit told me 'not long', so hang in there! Hope this helps!

Smile. Always. :moj

I was there today too! :moj

I saw the screens, they were looking awesome! I also managed to speak with some construction men. They had a van on site and I spotted some welding a que line fence.

They said "IT'S GOING VERY WELL!" and told me that it was worth staying for the rest of the week.

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Place your bets for Friday then peeps... 8)
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 pm

tallicay2k wrote:
Place your bets for Friday then peeps... 8)

0 - I wouldn't waste my time.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 29, 2013 9:54 pm

Found this on Instagram. She said she received the email yesterday and also states to someone that she would send the link the 'click here' goes to.

Maybe an email sent out by mistake in preparation?