UK theme parks from another point of view!

Expedition Al SW7
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Fri May 31, 2013 9:32 am

I was just outside the smiler and I asked a member of staff if there was any chance of it opening and they replied " it may open later this afternoon but it is unknown at the minute". I'm praying it will open!!

Benjsh

Fri May 31, 2013 9:35 am

Expedition Al SW7 wrote:
I was just outside the smiler and I asked a member of staff if there was any chance of it opening and they replied " it may open later this afternoon but it is unknown at the minute". I'm praying it will open!!

Opening it in the afternoon seems fairly ridiculous considering the length of that queue already. There will be some unhappy bunnies it it doesn't open before Lunch.

Heisenberg96
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:35 am

Hm, they say it'll open this afternoon but have already formed a temporary queue...if I were you I'd join the queue because it seems to me it could open any minute after 10am

Static Veins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:36 am

Expedition Al SW7 wrote:

At this point - with the removed "closed" signs, temporary queue fencing set up, other staff saying it will open - I'd be very surprised if it doesn't. Got all my fingers crossed for you guys on park today!

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:38 am

nope...not at all jealous...im sat at work and so happy  :cry:

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :'(

gutted im not there! tuesday needs to come quickly! Hopefully because kids are back at school it wont be stupidly busy :)

so happy for everyone there today that get a ride :)

tunneralex
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:38 am

I am in the park today and the lady said there is a small chance of the smiler being open this afternoon today.

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:40 am

Expedition Al SW7 wrote:

Im in the queue now. Looks like it will 100% be before 12 .. the queue is too long for it to open 'some time this afternoon'
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough

Static Veins
TT Member
TT Member

JayJay90 wrote:
nope...not at all jealous...im sat at work and so happy  :cry:

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :'(

gutted im not there! tuesday needs to come quickly! Hopefully because kids are back at school it wont be stupidly busy :)

so happy for everyone there today that get a ride :)

Chin up mate, it could be worse! Your trip could have already been and gone, maybe even less than 24 hours before the ride opens... Like mine... *sobs*

Stern John
TT Member
TT Member

jbuckton18 wrote:
.. And to all the doubters and the negative people ... Ha , we told you so !

Just been told exactly the same by the Towers Street. The ride WILL open today but didn't give a specific time !

Ever heard of the expression "don't count your chickens before they've hatched"?

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:41 am

Right , to all the people asking will it , wont it , they said it was a small chance , It's gonna be open this afternoon.. blah blah blah. Get in the queue for it because it IS going to open ! Simple as that.

Static Veins
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:43 am

Trains currently being moved on transfer track according to Theme Park Worldwide:

Only a matter of time now.

EDIT: Actually, just noticed that picture shows Smiler staff in the station IN UNIFORM - something we haven't seen since the first day of the delay. To me, this confirms today as an opening more than anything else!

Heisenberg96
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:44 am

Seems ridiculous that if its not going to open until this afternoon they aren't telling people in the queue! Could be wasting half their day!

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:45 am

Just had confirmation again off park staff . The smiler will open sometime BEFORE 1pm. They said that they need to get the trains into the station and round the track a few more times before opening today but they said it will open today.

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:45 am

I want to be there so much!! And I'm on my term holiday!!! *crys* I can't believe I've missed the opening of the smiler!!
Sadly I can't get down there as soon as I can drive I will practically live there! ;) I'm still really excited though *crys* ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 am

Another ear piece of opening evidence found! (By me) just checked the smiler micro site and its got a new line of text on 'the ride' page

Its time to get corrected-book online today and save 25% Do Not Resist,Join Us
Last edited by Owen on Fri May 31, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

RCD27
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 am

Looks extremely promising with the new temporary queue line added.

Although i'm very excited I would slightly die if I got there and had to stand at the back of that, would obviously be worth it through.
Sonic Saw Stealth Smiler

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:47 am

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
I want to be there so much!! And I'm on my term holiday!!! *crys* I can't believe I've missed the opening of the smiler!!
Sadly I can't get down there as soon as I can drive I will practically live there! ;) I'm still really excited though *crys* ;)

meh , it will be fine mate! It will always be there :) There is always time :) Just because you're not one of the first to ride it doesnt mean you wont ride at all. At least youre going to ride it sometime whilst it maybe some kids dream to go to AT just once but cant afford it or whatever :)

NecronomiconUK
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:48 am

Seems a bit crazy to allow large numbers of people to queue now if they knew it wasn't gonna open at 10

jojolouise
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:49 am

Heisenberg96 wrote:
Seems ridiculous that if its not going to open until this afternoon they aren't telling people in the queue! Could be wasting half their day!

That is exactly what I'm thinking, surely if it was not going to open shortly they would tell people so and to move on.
Not just because its a waste if people's day but also from a h&s point.

It does sound positive though, ESP as it seems there is staff dressed in uniform.
Hope it's the day that people start getting corrected!!  :lol:

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 31, 2013 9:49 am

NecronomiconUK wrote:
Seems a bit crazy to allow large numbers of people to queue now if they knew it wasn't gonna open at 10

It might open at 10 lol who knows ;) However , it looks more to be like 11am as they told me that they need to run the train round the track a few times before opening.