UK theme parks from another point of view!

aress
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Thu May 30, 2013 1:40 am

MatthewR1990 wrote:
aress wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
ATfanatic wrote:
dazza4783 wrote:
If it is going to open on Friday then i would assume there will be some sort of announcement tomorrow, although obviously they will only announce it if they are 100% certain that it will open then. It will really get embarrassing if they miss another opening date.

Well you know what they sy 3rd times a charm :)

Yeh unless it's a heart attack or a stroke.

What do you have to do to become a "Fabulous Member"! I love the rainbow-coloured bar there! But on topic, has there been an official announcement from AT that Friday will be the day?

The fabulous bar is a joke from Adz the admin. If its your type of thing then great. I hate it with a passion. But I've got so used to it I don't even see it anymore lmao. I'm guessing he's even forgot he gave it me.

It's a beautiful thing. Just beautiful!

ry1996
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 am

Nothing has been changed on the smilers website regarding the May opening yet, therefore unless they change it tomorrow they must aim for Friday right? 

MichaelStott
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 3:12 am

Friedchickenman wrote:
arsenalfan-1 wrote:
Friedchickenman wrote:
Smiler is planned to be open this Friday.

How do you know?

If I told you I would have to kill you.

(Friends with contractors working on the site)

Yeah I already stated this. I know someone with connections too!

TheOutpatient
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 7:22 am

I'm going to the ACTUAL mental hospital today for my OCD. Sadly I can't take any pictures or that might set me of on bad footing with the nurse I'm seeing.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/

Codmaster

Thu May 30, 2013 8:03 am

Towers website still saying the same old spiel as before, the smiler is closed today. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

At this point I would have to assume that with apparent changes to the ride, such as wheel assemblies and trims, that gerst will have to re-sign off the ride. Which could potentially mean another few days of testing, and they will probably run it for a few hundred hours just to make sure that whatever caused the train to stall/valley last time will not happen, and never happen again.

Also, alton said that they would announce an official opening day before the date, I do believe that they will do this, and we will all have a lot of time to prepare for opening day number two.

Lastly, I really am sick of reading 'facts' from a friend of a friend of a contractor, or a manager; or a magical pixie..... If you don't really have a source and you may be fibbing to have something to say, just don't, because you risk the inevitable flaming that comes with b/s. instead contribute positively to the forum, and say that you think it may open on a date and state your reasons for believing it, it's a far better way of constructing an argument, and people respect opinion far more than dubious facts.

dustymacdexter
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 8:15 am

so the smilers finally open tomorrow :D :lol: :D

swfcjambo
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 8:24 am

So.... if it doesn't open tomorrow, and is delayed by another week or more, will my sun free tickets be valid for a different day? has anyone had confirmation about this yet???

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 8:36 am

I just hope with the way Sub Terra&Smiler has gone the park's management think about getting plans&planning permission in during the season before so they won't have theses problems again.

Benjsh

Thu May 30, 2013 8:39 am

swfcjambo wrote:
So.... if it doesn't open tomorrow, and is delayed by another week or more, will my sun free tickets be valid for a different day? has anyone had confirmation about this yet???

Apparently that is correct. I haven't had official confirmation but a few people on here have said AT have told them it won't be a problem.

My first bunch are for this sunday.

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 8:49 am

I'll also be heading down to the park tomorrow, even if The Smiler is not open, I shall be sending my pictures to my Twitter account when I am around the area, I'll also keep posts going on.

Personally I think it will open, like I said in my other post... Way back in the pages xD I assume I'll be seeing quite a few number of people from this forum there ;)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

J_Baggie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 9:06 am

Not really relevant but...
gerst car spotted at 8:40 in a car park in uttoxeter
West Brom til I die!

Benji
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 9:07 am

Expect to see me there tomorrow :D

Anyway, with all signs still saying May, we know they are still aiming for it to be open tomorrow.  If it doesn't open tomorrow, by the looks of things it will be open this weekend.

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!

tallicay2k
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 9:26 am

vincevincent wrote:
Friedchickenman wrote:

Hopefully it will!! I'm going on Friday!!

If that's the case and the ride is open just be prepared of doing a days queuing  :)
But hey just smile  :D
SEEK...AND...DESTROY

Codmaster

Thu May 30, 2013 9:32 am

tallicay2k wrote:
vincevincent wrote:
Friedchickenman wrote:

If that's the case and the ride is open just be prepared of doing a days queuing  :)

The Smiler isn't open today.

Also I think we really need to wait 'till we hear info like this from towers themselves, otherwise you will probably be disappointed....

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 9:34 am

I think they'll open it tomorrow with out advertisement then on that night they'll advertise it so loads of guest visit on Saturday so tomorrow is like a soft opening.

Credit to NemesisRider

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 9:39 am

Codmaster wrote:
tallicay2k wrote:
vincevincent wrote:
Friedchickenman wrote:

Also I think we really need to wait 'till we hear info like this from towers themselves, otherwise you will probably be disappointed....

Dont think anyone said it was open today :/

However , it really looks like it's going to be open tomorrow. Testing has started again , queue line looks near enough finished , Last day of May tomorrow , Gersh on park today ( maybe signing things off ? ) All landscaping done , Construction fences started to be taken down yesterday. All signs lead to tomorrow opening ! OR At worst Saturday.
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough

Zach
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 9:41 am

swfcjambo wrote:
sorry to be bearer of bad news but this is a no, no they won't the same question was asked by a person on twitter and the simple answer alton gave them was no

Codmaster

Thu May 30, 2013 9:42 am

jbuckton18 wrote:
Codmaster wrote:
tallicay2k wrote:
vincevincent wrote:
Friedchickenman wrote:

Dont think anyone said it was open today :/

However , it really looks like it's going to be open tomorrow. Testing has started again , queue line looks near enough finished , Last day of May tomorrow , Gersh on park today ( maybe signing things off ? ) All landscaping done , Construction fences started to be taken down yesterday. All signs lead to tomorrow opening ! OR At worst Saturday.

That's a tad embarrassing, I thought it was Friday today..... Head in the clouds.... Oh well I guess that I'd better hurry to get corrected :moj

Stfcsteve
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 9:45 am

Fences have been moved from the entrance now
Wise men say.........

jbuckton18
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 30, 2013 9:46 am

Stfcsteve wrote:
Fences have been moved from the entrance now

Yes well it's got to be tomorrow opening if the fences have been removed from the entrance !
Some say they've seen angels, Ive seen The Smiler - That's enough