UK theme parks from another point of view!

PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:35 pm

andymw wrote:
thinks that's a catwalk

Yep, and what are catwalks that curved normally used for :3
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:48 pm

It looks like they are using the pull through as they build! So when ever anything gets near to the track they just slide it back and forth to check clearances... Clever!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Has any more track been out together today or more work done on the top of the site?

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:19 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
It looks like they are using the pull through as they build! So when ever anything gets near to the track they just slide it back and forth to check clearances... Clever!

What makes you come that conclusion? I disagree, because it is on site a the minute doesn't mean they have been doing it all along. Surely someone would of seen them doing as you say, yet no one has said anything to the sort at the minute. It has only been spotted on site since yesterday I believe (or it could of been the day before although I saw it personally yesterday). Also what is the point of checking clearance as you go when things like the Marmaliser and other things have yet to be fully put into place. They will wait till things that come next to the track (Theming, walls, ect) are fully erected within that area then test.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dylan.tempelaars
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:19 pm

yes this is construction not trains
some people call me insane, you are right!

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:22 pm

I wonder if they will install the feet like on the plans? Looks pretty wimpy at the moment.

Should look impressive with the satellites on etc.

dylan.tempelaars
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:25 pm

if theyres satalites! remember the theme change and they dont have them on the promos
some people call me insane, you are right!

JonoD
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:39 pm

At the moment, I'm fairly sure we're seeing a very 'naked' Marmaliser. There's plenty of stuff to go onto it yet (stuff like the brushes, giggler tanks, innoculator needles etc etc) so I'm sure other parts of the Marmaliser will be dressed up. They want to get the legs anchored into concrete first I'd imagine before decorating it with those large feet and 'elbow' joints etc.

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:55 pm

They need to hurry up and get the lift hills up because i don't think they realize they have month left to fit the lift hill supports, put up the lift hill, do the queue line, do the plaza and the shop...  :roll:

Credit to NemesisRider

aldredd
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:00 pm

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
They need to hurry up and get the lift hills up because i don't think they realize they have month left to fit the lift hill supports, put up the lift hill, do the queue line, do the plaza and the shop...  :roll:

I'm sure they're well aware of the timescales they're working to.

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Technically they have two months to have it up and ready by (as it can be a 31st May opening at the latest), but your point still stands that they need to push the metre to overdrive to get it all done. The vertical lift section is coming along nicely and should be ready for track by mid next week at a guess - just hope the lift hill is delivered soon so they can put it straight in ASAP.

RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:

Technically they have two months to have it up and ready by (as it can be a 31st May opening at the latest), but your point still stands that they need to push the metre to overdrive to get it all done. The vertical lift section is coming along nicely and should be ready for track by mid next week at a guess - just hope the lift hill is delivered soon so they can put it straight in ASAP.

Hopefully they can get it done by may though because i really am looking forward to riding it...

Credit to NemesisRider

Ar128
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't think that they can possibly make us wait longer, they have already delayed it  :lol:
Smile!!

orangeman2003
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:38 pm

coasters can get more delays so dont think cause its been delayed once it wont again. Just think that theres a chance so ur not disappointed!

chris55
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:39 pm

So those hydraulic rams on the marmaliser are just for show and they dont actually move the legs in any way? Is that right?

orangeman2003
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:39 pm

chris55 wrote:
So those hydraulic rams on the marmaliser are just for show and they dont actually move the legs in any way? Is that right?

yup

aldredd
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:40 pm

chris55 wrote:

Correct

Edit: Beaten to it!

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:

What makes you come that conclusion? I disagree, because it is on site a the minute doesn't mean they have been doing it all along. Surely someone would of seen them doing as you say, yet no one has said anything to the sort at the minute. It has only been spotted on site since yesterday I believe (or it could of been the day before although I saw it personally yesterday). Also what is the point of checking clearance as you go when things like the Marmaliser and other things have yet to be fully put into place. They will wait till things that come next to the track (Theming, walls, ect) are fully erected within that area then test.

I had already replied to this post until one of Team TT kindly removed it without even notifying me, allowing me to reword it. But lets just say my conclusion is based on 2 things... One, is its movement around the site. Why move it if it doesn't need to be used? Do they just like carrying things around do they? And Two, is why shouldn't they do a pull through whilst the cranes and cherry pickers are there? Take the first leg for example. That's in place now and you are more than able to do a pull through in that area... How about the break run...the staffs knot... The lift hill drops... All areas that can easily be pulled through as they are complete!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm

For those of you unsure of the Marmiliser... I came across this photo on the Theme Park Collectives FB page

Kinda dominates the mass mess of track :moj

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:08 pm

p.s. ha ha ha

Smiler 1 - Geeks 0

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ