UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
PhNx Survivor
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 431
Joined: November 2012
Location: Derby

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:35 pm

andymw wrote:
thinks that's a catwalk



Yep, and what are catwalks that curved normally used for :3
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
 
User avatar
MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 215
Joined: May 2012
Location: West Bromwich

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:48 pm

It looks like they are using the pull through as they build! So when ever anything gets near to the track they just slide it back and forth to check clearances... Clever!
Image
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
 
User avatar
Danny
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2500
Joined: February 2013
Location: Essex

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:02 pm

Has any more track been out together today or more work done on the top of the site?
 
User avatar
Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 114
Joined: June 2011
Location: Crewe, Cheshire

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:19 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
It looks like they are using the pull through as they build! So when ever anything gets near to the track they just slide it back and forth to check clearances... Clever!


What makes you come that conclusion? I disagree, because it is on site a the minute doesn't mean they have been doing it all along. Surely someone would of seen them doing as you say, yet no one has said anything to the sort at the minute. It has only been spotted on site since yesterday I believe (or it could of been the day before although I saw it personally yesterday). Also what is the point of checking clearance as you go when things like the Marmaliser and other things have yet to be fully put into place. They will wait till things that come next to the track (Theming, walls, ect) are fully erected within that area then test.
Last edited by Rollercoasters4Life on Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
 
User avatar
dylan.tempelaars
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 23
Joined: February 2013
Location: you shall never know!

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:19 pm

yes this is construction not trains
some people call me insane, you are right!
 
User avatar
Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin
Posts: 2480
Joined: March 2003
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:22 pm

I wonder if they will install the feet like on the plans? Looks pretty wimpy at the moment.

Should look impressive with the satellites on etc.
Image
 
User avatar
dylan.tempelaars
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 23
Joined: February 2013
Location: you shall never know!

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:25 pm

if theyres satalites! remember the theme change and they dont have them on the promos
some people call me insane, you are right!
 
User avatar
JonoD
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 32
Joined: February 2013
Location: Bristol

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:39 pm

At the moment, I'm fairly sure we're seeing a very 'naked' Marmaliser. There's plenty of stuff to go onto it yet (stuff like the brushes, giggler tanks, innoculator needles etc etc) so I'm sure other parts of the Marmaliser will be dressed up. They want to get the legs anchored into concrete first I'd imagine before decorating it with those large feet and 'elbow' joints etc.
 
User avatar
RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 621
Joined: April 2012
Location: Bedfordshire, UK

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:55 pm

They need to hurry up and get the lift hills up because i don't think they realize they have month left to fit the lift hill supports, put up the lift hill, do the queue line, do the plaza and the shop...  :roll:
Image

Credit to NemesisRider
 
aldredd
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1
Joined: April 2012

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:00 pm

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
They need to hurry up and get the lift hills up because i don't think they realize they have month left to fit the lift hill supports, put up the lift hill, do the queue line, do the plaza and the shop...  :roll:


I'm sure they're well aware of the timescales they're working to.
 
User avatar
Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 114
Joined: June 2011
Location: Crewe, Cheshire

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:03 pm

RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
They need to hurry up and get the lift hills up because i don't think they realize they have month left to fit the lift hill supports, put up the lift hill, do the queue line, do the plaza and the shop...  :roll:


Technically they have two months to have it up and ready by (as it can be a 31st May opening at the latest), but your point still stands that they need to push the metre to overdrive to get it all done. The vertical lift section is coming along nicely and should be ready for track by mid next week at a guess - just hope the lift hill is delivered soon so they can put it straight in ASAP.
Image
 
User avatar
RollercoasterGEEK100
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 621
Joined: April 2012
Location: Bedfordshire, UK

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:05 pm

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
RollercoasterGEEK100 wrote:
They need to hurry up and get the lift hills up because i don't think they realize they have month left to fit the lift hill supports, put up the lift hill, do the queue line, do the plaza and the shop...  :roll:


Technically they have two months to have it up and ready by (as it can be a 31st May opening at the latest), but your point still stands that they need to push the metre to overdrive to get it all done. The vertical lift section is coming along nicely and should be ready for track by mid next week at a guess - just hope the lift hill is delivered soon so they can put it straight in ASAP.


Hopefully they can get it done by may though because i really am looking forward to riding it...
Image

Credit to NemesisRider
 
User avatar
Ar128
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 6
Joined: January 2013
Location: Colchester

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:17 pm

I don't think that they can possibly make us wait longer, they have already delayed it  :lol:
Smile!!
 
User avatar
orangeman2003
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 0
Joined: December 2012
Location: lowestoft

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:38 pm

coasters can get more delays so dont think cause its been delayed once it wont again. Just think that theres a chance so ur not disappointed!
 
chris55
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 6
Joined: April 2006

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:39 pm

So those hydraulic rams on the marmaliser are just for show and they dont actually move the legs in any way? Is that right?
 
User avatar
orangeman2003
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 0
Joined: December 2012
Location: lowestoft

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:39 pm

chris55 wrote:
So those hydraulic rams on the marmaliser are just for show and they dont actually move the legs in any way? Is that right?


yup
 
aldredd
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1
Joined: April 2012

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:40 pm

chris55 wrote:
So those hydraulic rams on the marmaliser are just for show and they dont actually move the legs in any way? Is that right?


Correct

Edit: Beaten to it!
 
User avatar
MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 215
Joined: May 2012
Location: West Bromwich

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
It looks like they are using the pull through as they build! So when ever anything gets near to the track they just slide it back and forth to check clearances... Clever!


What makes you come that conclusion? I disagree, because it is on site a the minute doesn't mean they have been doing it all along. Surely someone would of seen them doing as you say, yet no one has said anything to the sort at the minute. It has only been spotted on site since yesterday I believe (or it could of been the day before although I saw it personally yesterday). Also what is the point of checking clearance as you go when things like the Marmaliser and other things have yet to be fully put into place. They will wait till things that come next to the track (Theming, walls, ect) are fully erected within that area then test.


I had already replied to this post until one of Team TT kindly removed it without even notifying me, allowing me to reword it. But lets just say my conclusion is based on 2 things... One, is its movement around the site. Why move it if it doesn't need to be used? Do they just like carrying things around do they? And Two, is why shouldn't they do a pull through whilst the cranes and cherry pickers are there? Take the first leg for example. That's in place now and you are more than able to do a pull through in that area... How about the break run...the staffs knot... The lift hill drops... All areas that can easily be pulled through as they are complete!
Image
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.
 
User avatar
clayj
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 224
Joined: October 2012
Location: Belfast but Newcastle originally

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm

For those of you unsure of the Marmiliser... I came across this photo on the Theme Park Collectives FB page

Image

Kinda dominates the mass mess of track :moj
Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ
 
User avatar
clayj
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 224
Joined: October 2012
Location: Belfast but Newcastle originally

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:08 pm

p.s. ha ha ha

Image

Smiler 1 - Geeks 0
Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests