UK theme parks from another point of view!

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Construction Discussion

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:32 pm

clayj wrote:
p.s. ha ha ha

Smiler 1 - Geeks 0

Them 2 look like there got lost on there way to work in the cloud cuckoo land lol

aldredd
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:42 pm

^ Yep, the uniforms pose more of an 'issue' to me than the cars - yikes.

Curious as to what will be shown on those screens though - wonder if it'll be a 'train cam' or something!

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:47 pm

aldredd wrote:
^ Yep, the uniforms pose more of an 'issue' to me than the cars - yikes.

Curious as to what will be shown on those screens though - wonder if it'll be a 'train cam' or something!

Personally I think it will show the same images it does in the game. :D
Previously known as Coastermadpearce.

fishdalf
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:58 pm

They're really getting a leg up on construction :)
Get Corrected

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 pm

MatthewR1990 wrote:
One, is its movement around the site. Why move it if it doesn't need to be used? Do they just like carrying things around do they?

Move it because of the lack of space on the site maybe? Look at the Marmaliser hub - it was moved several times just so the crane could put up more track/supports.

MatthewR1990 wrote:
Two, is why shouldn't they do a pull through whilst the cranes and cherry pickers are there? Take the first leg for example. That's in place now and you are more than able to do a pull through in that area... How about the break run...the staffs knot... The lift hill drops... All areas that can easily be pulled through as they are complete!

One crane is doing work on the station & maintenance shed, the other is putting up the Marmaliser & will continue with Track/Supports when they can. The pull through is normally the last part to happen too. The Marmaliser legs will also have parts which come off of them like the brushes/spinning plates, etc - so no point doing envelope testing yet. Also the envelope testing rig was first on site yesterday, I believe. Another point to ponder is why hasn't anyone seen them using the rig to do the envelope testing yet? Either they haven't done it and it is on site ready to be used once track is complete or they are doing it once the park shuts.

RoyalFool
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:07 pm

Sorry, uploading this from an iPhone - taken 3 hours ago

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Rollercoasters4Life wrote:
Move it because of the lack of space on the site maybe?

Your joking right? It's tiny... And if it wasn't needed on site why haven't they stored it nearer the back of the site. Near the site entrance. There is a reason it is being moved around right next to where they are working. Why do some people absolutely refuse to accept facts without photographic evidence that has been signed by the the god damn Royals! The fact is it is on site, it's being moved around and there's no other reason for that then if its being used!
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Anyone else notice the footer supports (highlighted in yellow) too the left to the exit of the seaserpant & also on the other side of the support walls ??

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

Hmv
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 pm

RoyalFool wrote:
Sorry, uploading this from an iPhone - taken 3 hours ago

Haha I only just noticed that support has no bottom section yet :moj

mackinal
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 am

Will we ever see the early aerial update images without the boxes? It'd be interesting to see the indoor roll during the very early stages.
Last edited by mackinal on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam198
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 am

mackinal wrote:
will we ever get the early aerial updates without the yellow boxes?

Those will be released in full resolution once the ride opens, yes. :)

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:20 am

mackinal wrote:
will we ever get the early aerial updates without the yellow boxes?

Not that this is the place for it. But yes we will get them when TT launches their new look website (TT V.3 http://towerstimes.co.uk/v3/ )

Benjsh

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:27 am

This might sound daft.....But what exactly was being hidden from the update photos on the request of Alton Towers? Was it anything or was it just a ruse all along?

JonoD
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 am

Again with the nature of Construction creating speculation... There has to be a way to solve this? anyway, here we go:

Benjsh wrote:
This might sound daft.....But what exactly was being hidden from the update photos on the request of Alton Towers? Was it anything or was it just a ruse all along?

I thought about the idea of that originally, but I'm beginning to believe that it's not true. I think there definitely IS something behind those censored images. People who were wondering if the ride's world-record inversion count was the 'world first' aspect I believe aren't correct, as believe it or not, that first twist seen in the game was in full view in Towers Times' aerial updates. Take a look:

The twist, whilst partially covered over is in plain view there for all to see. If the number of inversions was the world first element, then the entire roll would have been censored over, not half of it.

That leads us to the game... Again, we see it as an upgrade to buy in the game. Not very secretive :P

And finally... I think a lot of us are forgetting John Wardley's closing words in the Bolton FM radio interview. Listen to the end again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nICLNMuw3-o

"...Except for one secret that we're holding back until you actually ride the ride. It's a world first and it's never been done before."

There's something in that pre-lift segment for sure.

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:01 am

JonoD wrote:
Again with the nature of Construction creating speculation... There has to be a way to solve this? anyway, here we go:

Benjsh wrote:

I thought about the idea of that originally, but I'm beginning to believe that it's not true. I think there definitely IS something behind those censored images. People who were wondering if the ride's world-record inversion count was the 'world first' aspect I believe aren't correct, as believe it or not, that first twist seen in the game was in full view in Towers Times' aerial updates. Take a look:

The twist, whilst partially covered over is in plain view there for all to see. If the number of inversions was the world first element, then the entire roll would have been censored over, not half of it.

That leads us to the game... Again, we see it as an upgrade to buy in the game. Not very secretive :P

And finally... I think a lot of us are forgetting John Wardley's closing words in the Bolton FM radio interview. Listen to the end again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nICLNMuw3-o

"...Except for one secret that we're holding back until you actually ride the ride. It's a world first and it's never been done before."

There's something in that pre-lift segment for sure.

Seeing that pic really puts the amount of work they have done recently into perspective...

rhino18
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:50 am

Haven't the mods already confirmed it's a heartline roll behing those obscury-bits? The spider's gonna look SO tacky.

aldredd
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:10 am

rhino18 wrote:
Haven't the mods already confirmed it's a heartline roll behing those obscury-bits? The spider's gonna look SO tacky.

If not executed correctly, it certainly could do. But just look at the image posted by RoyalFool - it's immense, and should look amazing once complete.

It's certainly going to be one of the more surreal 'coasters out there to ride!

clayj
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:38 am

aldredd wrote:
rhino18 wrote:
The spider's gonna look SO tacky.

If not executed correctly, it certainly could do. But just look at the image posted by RoyalFool - it's immense, and should look amazing once complete.

I'm starting to get bored of the lack of patients & creative thinking from people on here at times. Everyone seems to blast stuff down straight away at first sight of anything without thinking down the line & also putting one item in the context of the finished ride. Yes it might not look the best ATM, but remember its a construction site & imagine how this will look once finished.

Personally, if you look at the picture below, you can see how dominent & contrasting the Marmiliser in grey will look sitting above, below & within the twisted black tack structure. Its like nothing we have seen before and a dam site improvement on recent offerings that AT have given us.

Take note, theres only 3 legs & NO themeing + the LED pannels arn't even turned on yet...

Last edited by clayj on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ

AltonTowerfanatic
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:46 am

clayj wrote:
aldredd wrote:
rhino18 wrote:
The spider's gonna look SO tacky.

I'm starting to get bored of the lack of patients & creative thinking from people on here at times (not picking on Rhino specifically, its a general gripe). Everyone seems to blast stuff down straight away at first sight of anything without thinking down the line & also putting one item in the context of the finished ride. Yes it mighten look the best ATM, but remember its a construction site & imagine how this will look once finished.

Personally, if you look at the picture below, you can see how dominent & contrasting the Marmiliser in grey will look sitting above, below & within the twisted black tack structure. Its like nothing we have seen before and a dam site improvement on recent offerings that AT have given us.

Take note, theres only 3 legs & NO themeing + the LED pannels arn't even turned on yet...

See it's funny. Most people who I have shown this image to look at the track and think what an UGLY tangled mess! However I think it's amazingly beautiful. But the cars make me :,(. 
Last edited by AltonTowerfanatic on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm ready to Smile!

mattallennet
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am

If you think the marmaliser looks tacky, go back and have a look at the Nemesis station during construction! Just a shed...