UK theme parks from another point of view!

Nath89
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:40 pm

dustymacdexter wrote:
does your girlfriend know the secret worlds first?

Sadly not, no.

iriderides101
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:42 pm

lewis97 wrote:
dustymacdexter wrote:
does your girlfriend know the secret worlds first?

There would be no chance that an employee would have access to that information. Only some of the big bosses at Merlin, AT and Gerstlauer, as well as JW and the rest of marketing team would know.

I imagine all key members of the development/construction are under a NDA

mattiepearce
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Feel like a noob asking this but what's a NDA
Previously known as Coastermadpearce.

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Coastermadpearce wrote:
Feel like a noob asking this but what's a NDA

Non disclosure agreement I believe. It's a contract you sign to stop you spilling the beans on secrets that company' don't want leaked. If you do leak the info, there is normally a punishment, most times out of ten its the sack. But sometimes there's fines and bonus losses etc.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

lewis97
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Re: The Smiler Themed Rooms Discussion

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:47 pm

I decided to have a little play around with booking a room, and it would seem the earliest you can book for is the 29th March. Perhaps this is why the 'Marmalising Chair' has been removed as it may give away the world's first of the ride, before it has opened.

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm

Smiler buses :D

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:31 pm

Nath89 wrote:
My girlfriend works at Towers and I found this on our kitchen counter this morning. I thought you guys might find it interesting.

love how theyre trying to say all their promo says may and trying to avoid saying that it was originally saying march to hide that it was delayed......especially when a sign was spotted in towers on opening day which still said March 2013 aha! They must have forgotten about that one :P

The delay is hardly a huge issue anymore and the general public havent really found it a big deal like i thought they might have done. With X sector open people can see the ride and want to come back and these "come back to ride the smiler for £1" tickets ive heard about it are really good! Towers are using it to their advantage :D

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Krazycoaster wrote:
Smiler buses :D

WOW!!!

I didn't see this opening weekend but it looks awsome!

JayJay90 wrote:
Nath89 wrote:
My girlfriend works at Towers and I found this on our kitchen counter this morning. I thought you guys might find it interesting.

love how theyre trying to say all their promo says may and trying to avoid saying that it was originally saying march to hide that it was delayed......especially when a sign was spotted in towers on opening day which still said March 2013 aha! They must have forgotten about that one :P

The delay is hardly a huge issue anymore and the general public havent really found it a big deal like i thought they might have done. With X sector open people can see the ride and want to come back and these "come back to ride the smiler for £1" tickets ive heard about it are really good! Towers are using it to their advantage :D

We werew in the Rita queue and 2 staff from the ride were walking the queue line pulling off the old March Adverts. there were 4 or 5 they pulled off there alone.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:00 am

Not sure how signs like that are missed when the queue was deep cleaned, lol.

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:21 am

Baffles wrote:
Not sure how signs like that are missed when the queue was deep cleaned, lol.

Towers is a big place lmao. Although surely they have records of where adverts are kept. Or is it a case of "oh we have 30 of these posters... Scatter them" ?
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

Kenzie2012
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Scatter them sounds like the right idea!

My friend was there yesterday and found one in the Thirteen queue too..... He's taken it down for them and brought it home.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:26 pm

when i was on air on tuesday you could see in the control room in the corner one poking out saying march too! :P
I did test these questions out on the people hanging around X Sector and they pretty much had this scripted responce fed to me lol.

I have to say though when i visited, everyone around there seem genuinely enthusiastic about the smiler and such...one issue with towers I had last time was everyone seemed miserble but the other day everyone was there to have fun :D but then like my sister said, its only the first week so far XD

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:05 pm

JayJay90 wrote:
when i was on air on tuesday you could see in the control room in the corner one poking out saying march too! :P
I did test these questions out on the people hanging around X Sector and they pretty much had this scripted responce fed to me lol.

I have to say though when i visited, everyone around there seem genuinely enthusiastic about the smiler and such...one issue with towers I had last time was everyone seemed miserble but the other day everyone was there to have fun :D but then like my sister said, its only the first week so far XD

I would love to find one of those posters and ask them about they saying it would launch in march and upon getting the standard reply show them the poster! not sure how they would answer!

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:41 pm

well the responses theyve been given do say that everything this year has been advertised as may 2013...wonder if they mean this open season or since 2013 because even at feb half term it still had massive banners advertising march lol...
In all fairness i dont think people cared too much of it opening late. I think it'd be a little worse now if they delayed past may but i cant really see that happening unless something drastic happened

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Trisnie wrote:
JayJay90 wrote:

I would love to find one of those posters and ask them about they saying it would launch in march and upon getting the standard reply show them the poster! not sure how they would answer!

"Hey why's this poster say open march miss"-shows picture on phone
"Oh it seems our marketing team have made a typo I'll get that taken down where was this"
"Can't you see it's in the dark forest you see RITA in the background"
"I knew that,just testing your knowledge of the park of course,I do work here"-awkward face while saying

Trisnie
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:47 pm

JayJay90 wrote:
well the responses theyve been given do say that everything this year has been advertised as may 2013...wonder if they mean this open season or since 2013 because even at feb half term it still had massive banners advertising march lol...
In all fairness i dont think people cared too much of it opening late. I think it'd be a little worse now if they delayed past may but i cant really see that happening unless something drastic happened

While we may joke about it it's a major construction project and as such is subject to delays, I would rather they delayed it but got it right rather than rushed it and had to close it again as something isn't right

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Exactly ^^ I totally agree! I love the pace this project is finally going now :-) its going to be so good once this coaster is up to see the landscaping and station and the trains :D

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:04 am

I thought this would be the best place for it...just a little Smiler/MOJ Poetry- i just came up with this for my RCT3 Project on SGW.

I call it
The Poem of Joy

#getcorrected--
your time will come--
you will smile--
once we are done!--
This a promise--
one deadly fact-
when you face MARMALISATION-
there is no turning back!--
You think you can disobey us--
well just look in to our eyes--
they spiral with madness--
SO CONFORM OR YOU WILL DIE!--
Some say our methods are torture--
That we cause so much pain--
SO SMILE FOREVER--
Or DIE insane!
ACCEPT MARMALISATION
that's all we want you to do
because if you defy the MINISTRY OF JOY
WE WILL COMPLETELY DESTROY YOU!!!

Smile=]
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:58 am

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
I thought this would be the best place for it...just a little Smiler/MOJ Poetry- i just came up with this for my RCT3 Project on SGW.

I call it
The Poem of Joy

#getcorrected--
your time will come--
you will smile--
once we are done!--
This a promise--
one deadly fact-
when you face MARMALISATION-
there is no turning back!--
You think you can disobey us--
well just look in to our eyes--
they spiral with madness--
SO CONFORM OR YOU WILL DIE!--
Some say our methods are torture--
That we cause so much pain--
SO SMILE FOREVER--
Or DIE insane!
ACCEPT MARMALISATION
that's all we want you to do
because if you defy the MINISTRY OF JOY
WE WILL COMPLETELY DESTROY YOU!!!

Smile=]

Interesting...

Samwise
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:53 am

A friend of mine is 'working' outside the smiler site dressed like an absolute clown, I spoke to him on park yesterday -He said the dates that are being thrown around for opening are the 1st, 25th & the 31st
Wise