UK theme parks from another point of view!

 
User avatar
Jack
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 1413
Joined: December 2012
Location: Solihull

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Sun May 12, 2013 8:01 pm

lol, My life is coincidences...
Last edited by Jack on Mon May 13, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
 
CJ1985
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 0
Joined: November 2012

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Sun May 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Don't know if this is in the right place or if its already been posted..

Just watched the below video and seen it started after she comes out the station and on to the first lift hill, are AT hiding something else?

http://vimeo.com/65887753
 
User avatar
Joshysqaushy
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 427
Joined: December 2012
Location: Blackpool

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Sun May 12, 2013 10:08 pm

How did that get there  ;)
Image
Last edited by Joshysqaushy on Sun May 12, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-R-f-2wp74
UPDATES: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=37998&start=40
 
bbooth2
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 38
Joined: September 2009

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Mon May 13, 2013 10:35 am

so what day are you reckoning will be the best to get corrected? obviously the weekend would be a silly idea
 
User avatar
SwEDEN
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 247
Joined: April 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow!

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Mon May 13, 2013 10:42 am

Joshysqaushy wrote:
How did that get there  ;)
Image


Is that in your room? O.O
IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL...
Image
 
DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 15
Joined: May 2013
Location: Walsall

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Mon May 13, 2013 10:53 am

CJ1985 wrote:
Don't know if this is in the right place or if its already been posted..

Just watched the below video and seen it started after she comes out the station and on to the first lift hill, are AT hiding something else?

http://vimeo.com/65887753


Yes it would appear so, it seems that they never even let her ride the full track, they could have done so and told her not to speak about the indoor section.... even so she could have rode the indoor section in complete darkness and would just have experienced the 1st Inversion. But it appears she never and there has to be a reason.

So they must be wanting to keep what ever happens before that lift hill a secret, or they are in the process of carrying out work in that section on the Processing Part of the Ride which is what i think will be going on.

Only time will tell.
 
ManiaMuse
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 26
Joined: September 2010

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 am

DaveBear wrote:
CJ1985 wrote:
Don't know if this is in the right place or if its already been posted..

Just watched the below video and seen it started after she comes out the station and on to the first lift hill, are AT hiding something else?

http://vimeo.com/65887753


Yes it would appear so, it seems that they never even let her ride the full track, they could have done so and told her not to speak about the indoor section.... even so she could have rode the indoor section in complete darkness and would just have experienced the 1st Inversion. But it appears she never and there has to be a reason.

So they must be wanting to keep what ever happens before that lift hill a secret, or they are in the process of carrying out work in that section on the Processing Part of the Ride which is what i think will be going on.

Only time will tell.

The article in the Sunday Times travel section suggests that they did allow their reporter to ride the first section, but the effects were not working yet.
 
DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 15
Joined: May 2013
Location: Walsall

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Mon May 13, 2013 11:45 am

Yes just read it, and it does appear that nothing special was mentioned about the indoor section and they did say the Marmalising Elements was not turned on, could this mean they are more than just a visual peice on the Marmaliser Legs?

I would think so...

This reported did seem to also sugest that you are launched into the first Inversion, and as i speculated i think there will be some kind of special effects and stuff as your held up in the (Processing) indoor section and this will distract you so that a launch and into a Heart Line Roll will come as a shock.
 
Morgano
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 107
Joined: August 2007
Contact:

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Mon May 13, 2013 12:30 pm

DaveBear wrote:
Yes just read it, and it does appear that nothing special was mentioned about the indoor section and they did say the Marmalising Elements was not turned on, could this mean they are more than just a visual peice on the Marmaliser Legs?

I would think so...

This reported did seem to also sugest that you are launched into the first Inversion, and as i speculated i think there will be some kind of special effects and stuff as your held up in the (Processing) indoor section and this will distract you so that a launch and into a Heart Line Roll will come as a shock.


It doesn't really read that way though, you are believing in what you want to believe. He "TURNED LEFT, and was propelled down a drop". We already know that once the train leaves the station it turns left in to a drop. If he was launched he'd be propelled forward in to the turn, not the other way around. The drop is pretty big so it will feel pretty intense. He's used propelled as a descriptive feeling not in the literal sense.

We 100% know there is no launch inside the station, we've seen the track when it was being constructed and there was no launch.

Also you seem to not understand the placement of the ride, the heart line roll comes after the drop from the station.  The train leaves the station straight in to the drop. There is no preshow in the loading area as we've seen photographs and common sense dictates that it would be extremely bad for throughput to have a preshow in the loading area of all places.

Therefore the most likely place for the preshow is before the first lift hill and AFTER the indoor heartline.
 
DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 15
Joined: May 2013
Location: Walsall

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Mon May 13, 2013 2:47 pm

Yeah maybe there is no pulley launch system, but i do think that at very least there will be brakes that will hold the train in place before the track drop to the Heartline Roll, and that they will put on some special effects and while your eyes and ears are occupied by that then the brakes release you down towards the first inversion.

As you said and the Track Layout we saw on the No Limits recreations the train can gather enough speed to hit the Inversion at decent speed. 

Then again maybe any kind of effect can happen after that but before the train goes up the 1st Lift Hill, but saying that it would make sense to do that before the Inversion.

I have had someone contact me who said basically what the ride does, they seem to indicate that there is no special part indoors the walls will just have Logos on them and there is just Audio to build tension.  And that also only 2 Marmalising Elements actually do something and that is Giggler and Inoculator.  Smoke/Water.

But they have been trying hard to keep what ever they are doing or changing indoors a big secret..... but guess we wont know what it would be.  But i certainly dont think there is any trick track.  But there is the potential to apply brake to hold the train and then maybe once released there is enough of a drop on the track to pick up speed for the barrel roll.

Saying that though if there is any special effect to create a illusion of spinning etc well the slower the roll the better the effect.
 
DaveBear
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 15
Joined: May 2013
Location: Walsall

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Mon May 13, 2013 2:57 pm

You're correct there does seem to be a bit more straight track after the first inversion as opposed to before it, so yes if there is any show/special effects then it would be suited and make more sense to happen after the roll and as the trains comes to slow down as it approaches the exit to outside and the 1st lift hill.
Last edited by DaveBear on Thu May 16, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Eirdy
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 183
Joined: May 2013
Location: A house, A street , A town.

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 10:56 am

Tonight on blue peter there is somthing about smiler :lol:
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Sign up to a new funfair forum!
http://fairfans.freeforums.org/index.php
 
User avatar
Phild94
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 366
Joined: December 2012
Location: Newcastle under Lyme

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 11:56 am

Hi TT,

Just wondering if there was any way you could put a countdown timer on a banner at the top of the page :D

If not then that's ok :), and if you can THANKSS
Image

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D
 
Heisenberg96
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 213
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm not sure whether to actually watch a POV the day the ride opens or whether to just save it until I go in late June...hm it will be hard to resist...
 
User avatar
Boz
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 0
Joined: February 2014
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Please can we ensure that discussion is that of a healthy manner and is constructive for the benefit of guests and members alike.

Posts that stray off topic, i.e. one word posts, 'joke posts' and those that break our forums guidelines will be removed.

Make everyones jobs a bit easier by ensuring your posts are of a good quality.

Team TTF
Last edited by Boz on Thu May 16, 2013 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
bbooth2
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 38
Joined: September 2009

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Heisenberg96 wrote:
I'm not sure whether to actually watch a POV the day the ride opens or whether to just save it until I go in late June...hm it will be hard to resist...


I don't really enjoy POV' videos unless the car is full of people, and there are people in the queues. the coaster running silently just doesn't bring out the true speed and force of the ride it almost makes it look dull, if there are 16 people on it screaming and shouting then you get more of a true sense of the ride
 
Heisenberg96
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 213
Joined: February 2013

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 3:58 pm

bbooth2 wrote:
Heisenberg96 wrote:
I'm not sure whether to actually watch a POV the day the ride opens or whether to just save it until I go in late June...hm it will be hard to resist...


I don't really enjoy POV' videos unless the car is full of people, and there are people in the queues. the coaster running silently just doesn't bring out the true speed and force of the ride it almost makes it look dull, if there are 16 people on it screaming and shouting then you get more of a true sense of the ride


See that's what I think, because when the rides fully working and all the effects are on with full carriages of people it will look 10 times better than what we've already seen. But if I watch that it might not be as good as if I wait and experience it on the day
 
bbooth2
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 38
Joined: September 2009

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 pm

yeah I know what you mean!, ive already fell victim to the POV, the silence of the car goin round just upsets me, although its nice to see the track in full working order :D
 
User avatar
clayj
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 224
Joined: October 2012
Location: Belfast but Newcastle originally

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 11:24 pm

New Marmiliser element released.... The Legend

* Source image credit to Roodles
Last edited by clayj on Thu May 16, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ
 
User avatar
TowersTimes
TT Member
TT Member
Posts: 2
Joined: June 2012
Location: Alton Towers
Contact:

Re: The Smiler - Other Discussion

Thu May 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Following Moderation issues earlier today, Team TTF have a message for all members to please read - http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/the-smil ... #msg734586

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests