UK theme parks from another point of view!

CoasterCrazyChris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: X Sector Refurbishment

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:30 pm

Wow! Looks almost good as new! :)

Im dying to see more pics! Hope they have kept the orange markings on the supports.
Last edited by CoasterCrazyChris on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:10 pm

What would be great is that in some of the smiler have the logo smiler on the suports  like oblivion has its logo on its supports.
Last edited by getothing on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Thats awesome! It does look like a new ride, I didn't think it would look that good  :D , I really think they should give nemesis a repaint next.
Last edited by Hitch on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danny

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:35 pm

I think Nemesis needs the station sorting out before a track repaint is even considered. It's falling to pieces, rotting and there are plants growing from it. I'd even rather have Air get a track repaint than Nemesis at this moment in time.

lozzyhickers
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:03 pm

I'm really looking forward to seeing the final result, it's been so long since she's looked this good. She was well overdue a repaint. That said, so is the station. I really hope this is going to look better by the start of the season too. Otherwse though i'm pretty impressed with X-Sector, it's fairly simplistic, but the theming is effective as long as it's kept in good condition. I was always so intimidated by the area as a child!

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Oh dear, it seems as though that lovely picture of a repainted Oblivion, shouldn't have been posted online... But anyway we saw it, and now any trace of it has vanished... :/ I did wonder how an unofficial source could have gained access to that photo, seeing as they'd need access to the park and be allowed up Oblivion's lift hill!

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:50 pm

I wonder if nemesis is going to be removed soon, they really are just leaving it to rot.  :(

Hmv
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:55 pm

James97 wrote:
I wonder if nemesis is going to be removed soon, they really are just leaving it to rot.  :(

Nemesis will not get removed although I can see it being shut for a year for a overhaul, but it's a while away yet maybe 5 or 6 years.

Liam
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Heh, I haven't been keeping that up to date with this attraction but I've gone through all the plans and construction updates this morning and it suddenly reminded me of a drawing for a floorless roller coaster I did for this very site back 8 years ago when I was only a wee lad in 2005.

Looks like I went a little overboard by adding a complete section up the hill and through the woods but there are funnily enough a lot of similarities too. I wish they went a bit further with The Smiler in the end though, and properly embedded it into the landscape like Nemesis is.

This plan came with a much wider refurbishment to X-Sector, moving Oblivion's shop the the large empty space under its lift hill, opening room for another flat ride and a path along the ancient fort battlements up the hill towards the flag tower and to a new 'land'; the reopening of 'Coaster Corner' primarily filled with large indoor attractions. Here there is a hint of my drawing of that area which included a 'Tower of Terror' ride (with the towers half buried into the ground to get the height) themed to look as if they're part of the ruins themselves.

Anyway though some of you imagineery type peeps might like that. Will be interesting to see now what happens in this area in the future. I doubt the two coasters will be going anywhere for quite some time.

M3tabolic
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Wow! That looks amazing. I ike the fact that your station is almost in the same place as the one we've got.

Did your shop have a glass floor too?  :lol:

Edit: Looking closer how many Gs do you reckon the turn after the Zero-G roll would pull? I reckon you'd have quite a few grey-outs on your hands there!
Last edited by M3tabolic on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rhino18
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Hmv wrote:
James97 wrote:

Nemesis will not get removed although I can see it being shut for a year for a overhaul, but it's a while away yet maybe 5 or 6 years.

I'm confused. Do you mean in 5-6 years, it will have an overhaul, or be removed? If you mean the latter....

It will last alot longer than that. It's a B&M, for crying out loud. 5 years will mean Nemesis will be 24 yrs old - less than the Deathtrap (aka Corkscrew). That was an off-the-shelf Vekoma. Nemesis is a B&M, it's built to last. The 'rusting' on the track is special effects designed by Tussauds Studios, to give the illusion of rust. Nemesis does not need a repaint and the station is fine.

lewis97 wrote:
Oh dear, it seems as though that lovely picture of a repainted Oblivion, shouldn't have been posted online... But anyway we saw it, and now any trace of it has vanished... :/ I did wonder how an unofficial source could have gained access to that photo, seeing as they'd need access to the park and be allowed up Oblivion's lift hill!

Why shouldn't it have been posted online? It's not like they're showing us every little aspect of the ride's repaint are they? AT probably took it.

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:47 pm

rhino18 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:

Why shouldn't it have been posted online? It's not like they're showing us every little aspect of the ride's repaint are they? AT probably took it.

I'm not too certain on the reasons. I read, what I wrote, on TS, although I think it was something to do with not getting the correct copyright permissions. Anyway, the people who originally posted the image (it wasn't Towers2Go), have taken it down from their facebook.

Capt.Barnacles
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:23 pm

The lengths people will go to to get in on the facts and ruin surprises disappoints me. Remember when that guy climbed over the fence to get a look at Th13teen? Unbelievable. They need to have some patience and understand the concept of a surprise.

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Buschgardensfan wrote:
The lengths people will go to to get in on the facts and ruin surprises disappoints me. Remember when that guy climbed over the fence to get a look at Th13teen? Unbelievable. They need to have some patience and understand the concept of a surprise.

Exactly. If Alton Towers just announced the ride at the end of last season, with exactly what the worlds first element was, with no backstory behind it, there would be nothing to speculate about. Unlike rollercoasters in the US, British theme parks can't boast about having the tallest or fastest rollercoaster, and so that's why more effort goes into creating more of a package for a rollercoaster, and they get themselves on the 'map' by having world's firsts.

That package includes the marketing and theming to a ride, which is something most of the massive coasters lack, so you spoil that, then you can spoil the whole coaster. Be patient and play along with the park, they'll be the ones who can provide you with the best overall experience - from the original announcement to when you finally ride it.

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:08 pm

tleady wrote:
This has just appeared online:

the fact they have taken it down would make me think there is something in it we arn't supposed to see, does anyone know what the black thing is on the ground, look through the railings on the left.

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:12 pm

I was wondering what that was too! It looks like there's some sort of tank, and that's about the only thing I can make out.

Joshysqaushy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:15 pm

That's not on the ground, its part of oblivion's holding break mechanism
DONCASTER ADVENTURE PARKS NEW COASTER
TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-R-f-2wp74
UPDATES: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=37998&start=40

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:16 pm

lewis97 wrote:
I was wondering what that was too! It looks like there's some sort of tank, and that's about the only thing I can make out.

Yeah, I think its time for a zoomed in shot with some professional ms paint skills.

Hitch
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Joshysqaushy wrote:
That's not on the ground, its part of oblivion's holding break mechanism

oh yeah, damn.  :?

Joshysqaushy
TT Member
TT Member