UK theme parks from another point of view!

coliver
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler- Mobile Game Application

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi Guys...

After having a look at the Game advert again, I saw the 'obedience... One of your 5 a day' but I think that section was shown when the coaster was under the marmaliser (5 legged spider) . linking with the 5 elemnts . also at 30 seconds into the trailer it shows different type of inversions but it also shows marmaliser and secret element along the top,so surely if they are going to release the secret element in the game then they would want to make an official announcement before hand.

What do you guys think and please tell me if this has already been discussed.
SMILE = 53173 = 5/31/13
IT'S OPEN :)

Nathan Clulow97
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm

Please reply Will the smiler game be on kindle fire

Mattfat1
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Nathan Clulow97 wrote:
Please reply Will the smiler game be on kindle fire

TreyD95 wrote:
Alton Towers just tweeted:

Alton Towers ‏@altontowers
"We're pleased to announce #TheSmilerGame will be released on Wednesday and is free to download on iOS and Android! RT if you'll be playing!"

Guess that's a definite confirmation that the game will be released on Wednesday - excited! :D

Rollercoasters4Life
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 pm

As we know the game will have a 'Spin To Win' game in it. It will allow people to win prizes via a mini game in the actual Smiler game app which is to be released on Wednesday. Here are the Terms & Conditions that are posted on the website:

Alton Towers wrote:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
ALTON TOWERS RESORT WHEEL OF WIN COMPETITION RULES

Please read these competition rules carefully. By entering the competition, you agree to the competition rules.

1. To enter the competition and win a prize you must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.

2. The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Alton Towers Resort or Merlin Entertainments Group.

3. Before playing the competition you are required to supply a name, valid email address and optional telephone number.

4. You may if you wish ‘opt in’ to receive further information and marketing materials from Alton Towers.

5. Your entry data will be saved locally on your device and also sent to and stored within a secure, external Alton Towers Resort competition database.

6. You are allocated one ‘free’ spin a day. Unused spins are carried over to the next day.

7. You may if you wish choose to redeem points accrued during game play for additional spins of the wheel.

8. You are limited to a maximum of 10 spins a day.

9. Competition entry requires that your device has data connectivity to the internet.

10. In the case of data connectivity loss by your device you will be informed that you are unable to connect with the competition. Loss of connectivity does not count as a deducted spin.

11. Should you win a prize you will be informed of this on screen and a confirmation email despatched to your provided email address.

12. To claim your prize you will be asked to follow a link within the confirmation email and supply further winner details to Alton Towers.

13. All claims are saved within a secure competition database to be processed by Alton Towers Resort Competition Administrators upon completion of a prize claim.

14. You may check the status of your claim by accessing the ‘Winnings’ option from within the Spin to Win section of the Smiler App.

15. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.

16. Alton Towers Resort reserves the right to change or substitute prizes on the prize list.

17. Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or any other alternative.

18. Prizes will be despatched to the winners addresses within 28 days of prize claim, subject to winner eligibility and compliance with all terms and conditions.

19. Wheel of Win Competition closes on 30 September 2013.

Disclaimer

Apple Inc is not a sponsor, nor is it involved in any way with The Wheel of Win competition run by Alton Towers. Alton Towers does not offer Apple products as competition prizes.

Source: http://www.altontowers.com/competition-terms/

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:03 pm

'The wheel of win' yet another reference to spinning - there's more relevance to it, than just a competition I would say...

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:36 pm

would i be right in thinking that Apple now have the app as it has to be reviewed and with alton specifying that the app is to be released tommorow would it be avaliable from midnight tonight, i read some pages elsewhere that says that the appstore is updated for the released items of that day at 12.am the local time zone of the store. Which if all is correct when im back on here at 12 pm tonight the app should be ready to be released, can anyone else shed any light on this
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

getothing
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:40 pm

That's true :) hopefully if
If an inline twist, tower times team  would not hide ¡¡¡
i want to corrected now ¡

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Ripsaw Raver wrote:
would i be right in thinking that Apple now have the app as it has to be reviewed and with alton specifying that the app is to be released tommorow would it be avaliable from midnight tonight, i read some pages elsewhere that says that the appstore is updated for the released items of that day at 12.am the local time zone of the store. Which if all is correct when im back on here at 12 pm tonight the app should be ready to be released, can anyone else shed any light on this

Found this on Matmi's twitter:

@Matmi @altontowers will it be released at midnight or before 7am?

@08rogersa Can't give you an exact time we're afraid but tomorrow is just a smile away ;) #TheSmilerGame

Now that either means they genuinely have no idea what time it will be available, or it's just that they're not allowed to give the time that they know it will be released.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:35 pm

I heard 10:00 AM

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm

thillmad wrote:

From where though? An official source?

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:40 pm

lewis97 wrote:
thillmad wrote:

From where though? An official source?

Well...I can't actually remember where but I don't think it was official,I just remember seeing only 15 hours now 10AM

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Being an apple nerd I can clarify that this game will go live at any point tomorrow but you can bet it will be early. Apples Strict rules for Apps means it needs to be approved which can take 2 weeks. But when submitting an app you can assign a release date. It allows you to market your app. Now as long as towers have given their app to to apple more than a few weeks ago and have NOT resubmitted any sort of improvements. That will mean the app is literally just a switch away from being activated. Now it will all be automatic and there will of course be hundreds of apps that want to go live tomorrow. So the computer will go through them individually and make them active for downloads as well as uploadingng/making the App Store page including the preview images and descriptions. And then some simple tests at apples end and they will be on. So you can bet it will be early morning. Between midnight and 3am maybe.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

Jonraymond128
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Hey, does anyone know the time of the release of the game Tommorow?  8)

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Jonraymond128 wrote:

Are you joking!? ^^^Please look at the posts directly above yours...!^^^

Jonraymond128
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:49 pm

lewis97 wrote:
Jonraymond128 wrote:

Are you joking!? ^^^Please look at the posts directly above yours...!^^^

Aha, sorry they didn't appear :(
Can't wait for it though!:)

Hmv
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:03 pm

I know it probably isn't "the" worlds first but is this the first roller coaster to have its own game?

oliviamae
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Hmv wrote:
I know it probably isn't "the" worlds first but is this the first roller coaster to have its own game?

I think it's a first regarding the queue line interaction at least

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Matmi have just posted "just a few hours to go" on their Twitter. Possibly intimating a midnight release?

NutterFrutter
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Can it be released on Google Play at anytime or is there a set time?

lewis97
Team Admin
Team Admin

Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Matmi keep replying with this to anyone who asks what time the game will be released:

tomorrow is just a smile away.........

Could it have a meaning, and they're actually hinting at midnight???