UK theme parks from another point of view!

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Marketing [May Contain Spoilers]

Thu May 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Richardio123 wrote:
Maybe that first video we saw a couple months back in the asylum still could be part of this whole viral thing. Maybe she becomes one of miles cedars test subjects ?

Just a thought :)

Yeh i was thinking that.

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 pm

I think it's looking like the 1st vid in the asylum should never have been released that early... It's supposed to come later in the series

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 02, 2013 8:37 pm

andzdrew wrote:
I think it's looking like the 1st vid in the asylum should never have been released that early... It's supposed to come later in the series

That's why they took it down and told people they had just made it because they were fans of the ride and Alton Towers. It is probably normal for them to put early versions of things online and it isn't usually a problem, but obviously it was a problem with this one so they had to backtrack. It was online for 2 weeks before anyone spotted it, but then taken down as soon as it became more widespread. It is still on youtube because it was downloaded from it's original spot and reuploaded there.

It looks like the way it will follow on is Trish gets captured trying to escape from Miles and then gets subjected to Marmalisation, the effects of which can be seen in the "leaked" video.

Th13TEENGUY
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 02, 2013 9:19 pm

I think trish wasnt captured by miles because her twitter kept tweeting about it afterwards ,maybe  her and danny revisit the house
LCFC til i die

Ripsaw Raver
TT Member
TT Member

Thu May 02, 2013 10:15 pm

MOJ have used my mind control before to get people to come to oblivion but not by the own choice, I think poor trish is already lost, She is hearing things and seeing things and seems rather disturbed via twitter, I believe the process has begun, Remember the 4 stages.
Stage1- Recruitment
            -Data Capture         

Stage2-Initiation
          -Brain Wipe

Stage3-Processing
          -Marmalisation

Stage4-Smiling Advocates
          -Process Complete

I suppose we can can now try and work out what stage trish is currently at.
I would say Recruitment as the start of the mind messing makeing her believe things, now me wait to see what stage we see her next
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123

ollboll9
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 8:01 am

Just like to say I love this type of advertising, really makes a buzz and we all want more.

I think that the next installment will come soon, today hopefully and we will see some tapes OR its the aftermath of them watching the tapes and they revisit Miles.

Maybe Trish or whatever her name is decides to become an advocate and decides to return to him and trys to bring the camera guy (forgot his name  :lol: :lol:). Whatever is to come its gonna be good
Poop. Always

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 3:20 pm

From AT Twitter:

@altontowers wrote:
Following our appeal for more information about this http://youtu.be/ycwM4DqIOj0  - we have been sent further footage, we'll upload it shortly.

So it looks like it'll come directly from Alton Towers now rather than the two twitter accounts.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Fri May 03, 2013 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Im kinda gutted the two accounts have stopped tweeting since lol. Surely it would be better now everyone has caught on for these to continue tweeting :/

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 3:28 pm

JayJay90 wrote:
Im kinda gutted the two accounts have stopped tweeting.

It is a bit daft. Now it's just ruined as they were merely only pawn's and have served their use. Those little bits of detail in those tweets were a nice addition, now it's just going to be footage released up until ride opening.

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 3:37 pm

^ exactly, just seems as though theyre like ok youve caused a bit of mystery, we will take it from here!

The kind of feeling I get now is that alton sent out this "appeal" for more information and theyve been sent in some tapes? It would have been so much better if they kept on going with Trisha and Danny and AT tweeting to state theres been a new development between the pair.

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Mabalzich wrote:
JayJay90 wrote:
Im kinda gutted the two accounts have stopped tweeting.

It is a bit daft. Now it's just ruined as they were merely only pawn's and have served their use. Those little bits of detail in those tweets were a nice addition, now it's just going to be footage released up until ride opening.

Baring in mind we know from the leaked video that Trisha gets Marmalised, i know that video may not be final and might not even be used, but if they do use it then maybe the twitter accounts stopped tweeting because Danny and Trisha were both captured by Miles. If they were there is no way they can carry on tweeting is there.

DoubleOh7
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:20 pm

True but they have been tweeting since the interview day with miles so surely they got away??

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:23 pm

They got "away" this time otherwise the video wouldn't have been taken from the camera and uploaded and they couldn't have watched the VHS tapes which they say on their Twitter accounts.

Danny mentioned he would like to go back to Miles when Trisha is ready.

let me know when your ready for another tape I'm intrigued to discover more about Miles! Only when your ready though :-) x
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbooth2
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:28 pm

or they got caught and the next part of the video is recorded on the same camera but in the hands of miles?

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:30 pm

Mabalzich wrote:
They got "away" this time otherwise the video wouldn't have been taken from the camera and uploaded and they couldn't have watched the VHS tapes which they say on their Twitter accounts.

Danny mentioned he would like to go back to Miles when Trisha is ready.

let me know when your ready for another tape I'm intrigued to discover more about Miles! Only when your ready though :-) x

Yeh, they went back but this time didn't leave. The video that Alton Towers have been "sent" is most likely either found footage from the camera of part 2 of the interview, or the surveilance footage from the experiments, which we have already seen. This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUFWBN9xSIQ

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:32 pm

bbooth2 wrote:
or they got caught and the next part of the video is recorded on the same camera but in the hands of miles?

Well they tweeted in the evening after their initial interview. If they did go back, then yes. But they weren't taken the first sit down with Miles, that we know.

Interested to see where they go with this story :p

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:33 pm

I am the only one who dosent like the adverts?
I think the acting poor, ad so is the script. It's just seems cheaply and quickly made and it also seems very cheesy!
I was ejecting much more sinister and scary adverts with clips of advocates and the ride and so much more! But I can't even think of what I really was expecting or why I hate it as there are no words haha I just know I don't like it, sorry :oops: in all fairness I know they are linked but I SLIGHTLY ( and only slightly haha ;) ) like the first one we saw. But I love it much more than the latest one haha ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 pm

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote:
I am the only one who dosent like the adverts?

Wouldn't call them ads, they are still to come probably when they have a date ready to share with the public.

These are viral marketing ploys to get people talking/sharing (intrigued) and making people aware of The Smiler through social sites, twitter, youtube, facebook etc.

[Edit for arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?]

https://twitter.com/Trisha__White
https://twitter.com/Danny_Holden90
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Fri May 03, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Mabalzich wrote:
bbooth2 wrote:

Well they tweeted in the evening after their initial interview. If they did go back, then yes. But they weren't taken the first sit down with Miles, that we know.

Interested to see where they go with this story :p

Can you please give me a link to their twitter accounts please? :D I have been trying to find them and no look haha
Thanks in advance ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

DoubleOh7
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 4:40 pm

I don't think he meant going back to see miles. I think Danny was saying should they watch another one of the videos when trisha was ready?