UK theme parks from another point of view!

AndreJD
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Marketing [May Contain Spoilers]

Fri May 03, 2013 10:16 pm

AlexSmile wrote:
MatthewR1990 wrote:
The patterns being projected onto the walls In front of him. I'm sensing queueline theming or even pre show in the tunnel before first lift. Trisha is now missing what's the bets she pops up in another testing video at some point. Wink wink*

she is in the original one the first one we ever saw back when it was only a story this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... UFWBN9xSIQ

The text styles are the same, the time counter the same font and style, the facility looks similar. It's definitely the same company behind them.

Phild94
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 11:15 pm

I have to say I like these adverts now, now I know that they are 'real' and not fan made, still think the acting seems a little forced :/ but I think if normal UNI students were to produce a documentary then it probably would end up something like this :/

I must say the video sequence is absolutely FANTASTIC and I think the ride quotes are a great idea, I was concerned about the whole back story seeming a little forced but I think it's actually quite a nice one.... Intricate anyway :)

I think that video we saw months ago was that marketing company giving towers an idea of why they could do and to such a standard as well.... Would be great of we had that video interspersed with ride footage....

Also I know it wouldn't ever happen but imagine if they could persuade BBC news/ ITV NEws to spa missing persons report regarding the 2 students in the tapes :/

All ideas anyway :/

P.s is it just me that automatically thinks of Assassins Creed when Dr Kelman is doing the DONT LOOK DOWN MILES thing :D haha

Keep calm and carry on smiling :moj

Credit to Lewis97 for the fantastic signature :D

oj
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 11:22 pm

On the old video it says it is in the early 1900s, surely it can't be linked to the new ones?
The Smiler is Coming...

lindsay.j.chant
TT Member
TT Member

Fri May 03, 2013 11:39 pm

oj wrote:
On the old video it says it is in the early 1900s, surely it can't be linked to the new ones?

It says at the beginning, and I quote:

Unexplained human experiments took place at a facility located near Staffordshire, UK, before it was condemned and closed in the early 1900's, never to reopen. But the experiments never ceased.

The following is footage recovered from that facility.

Therefore, the girl in the original video could be Trisha and revealing her fate. The video says that, though the facility was closed, they didn't cease their experiments. Therefore what better place to conduct secret tests on people than in a supposedly closed facility?
Last edited by lindsay.j.chant on Sat May 04, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our goal in life is to overcome obstacles placed in our way without destroying them, so that those who follow us may share in our triumphs.

The Psychoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 12:20 am

An interesting point is that the "leaked" video and the Kelman scenes in the new video were all filmed at the Victoria baths in Manchester. Obviously easier for TBWA being based there.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 12:36 am

The Psychoaster wrote:
An interesting point is that the "leaked" video and the Kelman scenes in the new video were all filmed at the Victoria baths in Manchester. Obviously easier for TBWA being based there.

Your right on the money there, searched victoria baths in google and found the hallway from the test subject 237 video. (might not be the exact one but it's definitely there)

Formerly known under username Andy Mc

bealyboy
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 7:51 am

I think the old video could be an early edit of what is to come because of the lack of MOJ graphics.
SMILE.ALWAYS

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 8:43 am

Mabalzich I went in a google spree too and I think I've found the same one. It has the same drain pipe and the door on the right. I think we can pretty much say that all viral promo was filmed here and that this is trisha :)

goldengrahams
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 9:01 am

When d'yall be thinking the next video will be released?
Last edited by goldengrahams on Sat May 04, 2013 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 9:22 am

Probably by Monday I'd guess as there's now more people catching onto the story :)

JAMMYD777
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 11:40 am

Credit to JoshC from Thorpe Park Mania to the picture and the finding.

"It's official, The Smiler is the world's first 14 inversion roller coaster. This image shows promotional material on the back of a Krave cereal box."

SpecyBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 11:42 am

Well, its good promotion, but deeply dissapointed with the worlds first
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

Krazycoaster
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 11:45 am

JAMMYD777 wrote:
Credit to JoshC from Thorpe Park Mania to the picture and the finding.

"It's official, The Smiler is the world's first 14 inversion roller coaster. This image shows promotional material on the back of a Krave cereal box."

Why did this have to be revealed on a cereal box  :anger:

Confuzzled
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Sorry if sound cocky but... We knew this on wednesday...

Mabalzich wrote:
Krave is teaming with Alton Towers to give away some VIP prizes via Twitter each day from 03.06.13 -> 08.09.13

The information on the back of the Krave box:

The VIP prizes:

They also have a free adult entry voucher on the side of the box.

SpecyBeast
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 12:29 pm

When are Krave meant to be tweeting, because i have found nothing on their twitter page relating to Alton Towers?
Last edited by SpecyBeast on Sat May 04, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

Bexbunce
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 12:32 pm

SpecyBeast wrote:
The clock in the corner jumps back to 5-21 a couple of times. Connotations of 'the smilers' opening date maybe ?

21st May 2013

It actually starts at 5:14 i keept pausing it until it restarted and could just make out the 14.

In the video when the patient is hanging over the edge and dr kelman is saying dont look down, he is holding an image of the smiler, remember the fanta logo being changed to the smiler image. The MOJ have taken over.

Also i think the krave boxes may have come out too early as AT would have wanted to release first 14 looping coaster in their press meeting i am sure. Still at least its confirmed now to having 14 inversions.

Instant Mix
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 12:39 pm

I hope to GOD that the "World's first" isn't the inversion count. It's technically not even right, the coaster doesn't LOOP 14 times, it just inverts, hence why I'm not too sure that this is the world's first.

If it is though, slightly disappointed, but not that much - we've still got a bloody 14 inversion coaster!

Andzdrew
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 12:42 pm

I don't think the 14 Inversions is the actual worlds first, we had JW confirming the world beeting, and then talking about world's firsts in a different sentence... Then we had a woman on site (official) on track completion day, telling us the same thing, that there was still a secret...

TheSmiler1998
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 12:48 pm

I don't want to sound thick but why can't I put the clues in? Every time I put the in I can't press comtinue
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Deejay
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 04, 2013 1:00 pm

Theme Park Collective have just posted to Facebook saying that they are promoting the smiler as the world's first 14 looping coaster. Makes you wonder what the 7 extras are in the game.
Last edited by Deejay on Sat May 04, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.