UK theme parks from another point of view!

coreylee106
TT Member
TT Member

Re: The Smiler - Marketing [May Contain Spoilers]

Mon May 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Just had a look at the Smiler website, in the video section there's a part that asks for clues about Miles Cedars, anyone have any ideas? Sorry if this has been discussed before

Here's the link- http://www.the-smiler.com/videos/

undeadarmy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 06, 2013 9:26 pm

coreylee106 wrote:
Just had a look at the Smiler website, in the video section there's a part that asks for clues about Miles Cedars, anyone have any ideas? Sorry if this has been discussed before

Here's the link- http://www.the-smiler.com/videos/

Even though we know the first 2 clues which are 'DO NOT RESIST' and 'IT'S TIME 2', we cannot enter them because we need to wait for the last 2 videos, so there's really nothing we can do but... wait.

undeadarmy
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 06, 2013 9:46 pm

Double post.. but...

I just realised what's on ITV tonight.. The news at 10 of course and.. The Jonathon Ross Show. I remember last year (and only because of his slip up) that he talked about, (well basically promoted) The Swarm at the beginning of 2012, and instead of saying 100km/h, he said Swarm went 100mph!

I don't know how much it's recorded before, and i'm pretty sure it's not live.. but if they're filming tonight and the show gets filmed on Thursdays.. then perhaps we could see a mention (or at a stretch) a reveal for the ride on next Sunday's episode.

Failing that, fingers crossed for the news at 10! ;)

dazza4783
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 pm

undeadarmy wrote:
Double post.. but...

I just realised what's on ITV tonight.. The news at 10 of course and.. The Jonathon Ross Show. I remember last year (and only because of his slip up) that he talked about, (well basically promoted) The Swarm at the beginning of 2012, and instead of saying 100km/h, he said Swarm went 100mph!

I don't know how much it's recorded before, and i'm pretty sure it's not live.. but if they're filming tonight and the show gets filmed on Thursdays.. then perhaps we could see a mention (or at a stretch) a reveal for the ride on next Sunday's episode.

Failing that, fingers crossed for the news at 10! ;)

The Jonathon Ross Show is a repeat of Saturday's show, pretty sure there wasn't anything to do with The Smiler on it.

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Mon May 06, 2013 11:52 pm

Smiler coffee anyone?
Source: @rctlimits

Formerly known under username Andy Mc

C0RR3CTED1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 12:34 am

Mabalzich wrote:
Smiler coffee anyone?
Source: @rctlimits

Creepier than the real thing!

rocknroller
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 12:36 am

Does anyone else think the Smiler "virals" are a poor version of the old programme, 'The demon head master'?
Merlin is still missing the purchase of one real theme park!

LCFCjames
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 12:36 am

Maybe the rehydrator is going to start selling smileaccinos! ;)

rocknroller
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 12:48 am

Your off the cuff creation of the 'smileaccinos' already surpasses the creativity of the viral series.
Merlin is still missing the purchase of one real theme park!

Aidan Lowe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 5:37 am

Nice little fan-made video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5sdPFJfCbY
Formerly known under username Andy Mc

Forza_Dan24
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 9:57 pm

I've been thinking, in the smiler game the sky has a spiral effect and the smile is in the moon. Now I'm not saying that this will be copied exactly, but do you reckon a couple of those lights delivered to the site will be used to project images/patterns into the sky creating the same sort of thing during whatever they're up to (probably) this evening? :)
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!

LCFCjames
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Forza_Dan24 wrote:
I've been thinking, in the smiler game the sky has a spiral effect and the smile is in the moon. Now I'm not saying that this will be copied exactly, but do you reckon a couple of those lights delivered to the site will be used to project images/patterns into the sky creating the same sort of thing during whatever they're up to (probably) this evening? :)

That is a seriously awesome idea and I think it would be easily done, I'm taking my references from the batman films here but I'm sure the Smiler logo could be easily projected in the sky with a template around the light. This would create a seriously cool effect and would look really menacing above the ride 8)

Forza_Dan24
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 10:41 pm

LCFCjames wrote:
Forza_Dan24 wrote:

That is a seriously awesome idea and I think it would be easily done, I'm taking my references from the batman films here but I'm sure the Smiler logo could be easily projected in the sky with a template around the light. This would create a seriously cool effect and would look really menacing above the ride 8)

I think they've got some very snazzy and powerful lighting kit on site so its definitely plausible. I wonder if there's anything that would be able to project an animated Smiler logo into the sky, i.e. a coloured logo with spinning spirals :P 

... Any lighting experts on here? :D
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!

MatthewR1990
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Forza_Dan24 wrote:
LCFCjames wrote:
Forza_Dan24 wrote:

I think they've got some very snazzy and powerful lighting kit on site so its definitely plausible. I wonder if there's anything that would be able to project an animated Smiler logo into the sky, i.e. a coloured logo with spinning spirals :P 

... Any lighting experts on here? :D

It is very possible to project into the sky. Nothing with major detail though, a big spiral would be easy enough. The only trouble is, that these things are weather dependant. You need clouds in order to refract the light. That's why it's always a good job that Gotham is cloudy, or they wouldn't be able to call batman... Unless they use the phone from the old television series. Lmao

But yes without clouds the light would just fly out into outer space and eventually disperse. It's actually best to use lasers that mover incredibly quickly making it look like a whole image or text. You can see the effects here

http://youtu.be/VSnnOQuQ5Zs
Last edited by MatthewR1990 on Tue May 07, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Bromwich Albion until I die! I bleed blue and white.

LCFCjames
TT Member
TT Member

Tue May 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Maybe the lights/effects could be projected onto the station building as well :) I think this would result in a much clearer effect and will always be in the backdrop of the track.

I'm starting to think the world bearing aspect of the ride is 'the most lights situated around a rollercoaster'  :lol:
We should hopefully get a good piece of marketing at the end of this though!

KittyKat
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 10:00 am

Part 3 is up! Part 3 is up!

http://youtu.be/bwhx0Ifp7E0

What does everyone think? :D

gabbygrace
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am

so clue number 3 is "get corrected"?

Well predicted everyone!

I am 100% with Trisha on this: freaked. out.

LCFCjames
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 10:18 am

Another incredibly freaky video :P I assume the old man is Dr Kelman but I'm unsure who is talking to him? He also states that miles cedars is only 50% marmalised and that more advocates are needed... So I'm guessing thats where we come in  :lol:

JayJay90
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 11:04 am

Forza_Dan24 wrote:

Omg like the Dark Mark in harry potter :giggle:

LCFCjames wrote:
Another incredibly freaky video :P I assume the old man is Dr Kelman but I'm unsure who is talking to him? He also states that miles cedars is only 50% marmalised and that more advocates are needed... So I'm guessing thats where we come in  :lol:

and i think their new project theyre on about will be The Smiler :) (obviously lol)

Brandonlovely
TT Member
TT Member

Wed May 08, 2013 11:26 am

50% marmalised, the train has made it 50% of its way around the track?