UK theme parks from another point of view!

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Chessington - General Discussion

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
Anyone else notice how it still says 'Mexicana' not 'Scorpion Valley'?

I believe scorpion valley is in Mexicana.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:55 pm

DannyG wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
Anyone else notice how it still says 'Mexicana' not 'Scorpion Valley'?

I believe scorpion valley is in Mexicana.

I thought the area was changing as in its description it said 'the scorpions have taken over Mexicana' or so,etching along those lines, it also says scorpion express is in scorpion valley on the website so wouldn't this be the same on the map? It said on the website Location:Scorpion Valley. Maybe it was a last minute thing to not change it due to time? Story line confusion?

jmgpannal
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:03 pm

I believe it said that Scorpion Express was located in Mexicana's Scorpion Valley.

Scorpion Valley is just a "town" in the "world" of Mexicana.

The Crab of Nemesis
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Don't know if anyones seen the updates from today on Chessington Buzz
https://www.facebook.com/ChessingtonBuzz?ref=profile

The effects on Scorpion Express look great, like a brand new ride. The fire's looking almost as tall as Swarms. Looking forward to seeing this for real.

Also great to see Bubbleworks getting a much needed bit of treatment, new paint job, lighting and strobe finale back!!

RoyalFool
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:05 pm

The Crab of Nemesis wrote:
Also great to see Bubbleworks getting a much needed bit of treatment, new paint job, lighting and strobe finale back!!

Bubbleworks was, for a very long time my favorite ride in the UK - so it hurts to tell you this, but this season it's actually worse than it's ever been.

Three of the rooms now have no audio playing.
More of the animatronics are broken
The final room is cheaper than it was before, the shower curtain has been removed and they no longer spin around. All they've done is put a load of (already very dirty) mirrors at the far end of the room.
It broke down twice while we were on it.

Going through rooms without music and a load of broken robots actually scared the kids a bit.

I hate to say it, but while it was not "beyond repair" last season - I think now it's reached the point of no return. It's a shambling zombie of the ride it used to be and I'd much rather they tore it down than kept it in it's current state.

themeuk
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:18 pm

Whilst I hate what Bubble Works has become, I did think it was the best condition it's been in, in years!

Lights above the drop in the station haven't worked in years, Taps, Toes and Hippo the same. I've been waiting for the mirrors to come back since Professor Burp! But I agree they needed a clean and the lack of music killed a lot of the atmosphere.

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 am

So, this happened...

1 week ago today, March 19th (CWoA's opening day). I proposed to my girlfriend on our 8th anniversary together.

I couldn't have done this without the key staff at Chessy and the hotel, everyone was brilliant. My (now) fiancée is obsessed with giraffes and I thought this was fitting! 3 months of planning paid off! Hats off to the team!

1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 am

That's brilliant! Congratulations!

Michelle
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:46 am

Ahhh amazing! Congratulations :)

Katherine
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:53 am

Awww! Congrats!

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 pm

Awwww! :)

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:26 pm

Congrats Charlie!

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Cheers guys. We're both very happy and planning has taken full hold at the moment!
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Altontowersbarlow
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:42 pm

Congratulations! :)

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:03 am

Congratulations to both of you!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:12 am

AMAZU is now open! It opened on Friday :)

And congratulations :D
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Ladyofthelake
Team Admin
Team Admin

Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:18 pm

The Sun will be giving away two free tickets from next Saturday. It will be a token collect like with the Alton Towers offer.

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 31, 2014 11:16 pm

Been to Chessington yesterday, it's a park we don't visit often, so we expected this visit to be a nice change. However our day was far from a perfect day at the resort.
Brake downs:
Dragons Fury down until around 2-3pm
Vampire from 5-5:30pm
Rattlesnake from 11:30-12:30pm

Then when going to buy fast tracks we were told that they no longer sell FT for Rattlesnake, Dragons Fury weren't going on sale today, and Vampire had sold out. This was at 11am, an hour after the park had opened. Even though Dragons Fury had been closed, they were refusing to sell any others for the other rides instead.

Yesterday was the first time I got to experience Zufari. I was very disappointed. The majority of the animals were further away than you can get if you see them on foot. I thought the idea of a safari ride was to get up close to the animals. Also a giraffe feed experience was going on during our run, meaning the giraffe had been taken all the way over the other side of the enclosure so they were barely seen. I found the 'markings on the rocks' incredibly cheesy and clearly just a way to add a story as the truck was on its way to the enclosures. Not sure if it was just our driver, but he didn't stop once meaning we could get very little decent pictures, most came out blurry. The finale I was fairly happy with, I knew what to expect and everything worked in the cave. Although I see this as a severely weak ending to the ride, that must of been the highlight. Also the commentary on the trucks was far too quiet, most of the time to quiet to hear even.

This was also my first time on Scorpion Express. I remember riding it as RT, and enjoyed it even more this time! Loved the theming, the fire was perfectly timed, and the Scorpions spray really added to the enjoyment. Overall I really enjoyed this ride, my only issue was that the backdrop is no where near as good as the old rock theming.
Really enjoy the zoo side of Chessington, and there are many fun feeding shows to attend. The rides, when open, were very enjoyable and all food areas were very nice.

Overall, we had an okay day. The park was the cleanest merlin park I've been to, and lots of animals to see, all the workers were very enthusiastic and happy to help, and Adventurer Services supplied us with many FT and kept the park open an extra half hour due to all the brake downs.

Sorry for the length :)

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:02 pm

DannyG wrote:
Then when going to buy fast tracks we were told that they no longer sell FT for Rattlesnake, Dragons Fury weren't going on sale today, and Vampire had sold out. This was at 11am, an hour after the park had opened. Even though Dragons Fury had been closed, they were refusing to sell any others for the other rides instead.

Surley its a good thing that they stopped selling Fastrack? If the knew it was going to be busy, then selling loads of Fastracks wouldn't have helped. If the park are rejecting money for the enjoyment of guests, then hats off to them. :)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:35 am

I've had a thought. It's ludicrously hopeful and unlikely, but it's a thought.

Thorpe Park are postponing their next coaster yet again due to a likely dark ride in 2016.

There is no word yet on a confirmed year for SW8.

Does this not leave a massive hole for Chessington to get a new coaster?
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.