UK theme parks from another point of view!

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Chessington - General Discussion

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Slight miscommunication there maybe? Haha.

Neither ride is being removed, just having their protocols on "manual" mode reviewed.

Fiyero
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:57 pm

:lol Hope this is the correct place to ask, can anyone point me to a webpage or explanation about the wristband scanners in the new bit of the zoo, I saw loads but we were in a rush and didn't have time to ask anyone on park about them. Thanks

Doddy
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:51 pm

Can anyone tell me what is the best day to visit during howl'o'ween? I'm looking for the shortest queue times for my first visit.

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:13 pm

Queue times at Halloween are usually much bigger, with Vampire peaking at two hours. Sundays should be quiter, and the first and last day :)

Starlight expresser
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:52 am

How busy has the park generally been? Coming tomorrow and dreading school trips being there ready for holidays :yikes:

Andy

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:55 am

Doddy wrote:
Can anyone tell me what is the best day to visit during howl'o'ween? I'm looking for the shortest queue times for my first visit.

If their halloween event runs on weekdays as well as weekends, then weekdays would probably be the better days to go. But if your planning on going on a weekend, or the event days are only at the weekend, than it might be worth saving up for fastrack before your visit. I have heard it can be busy during the event.

Starlight expresser wrote:
How busy has the park generally been? Coming tomorrow and dreading school trips being there ready for holidays :yikes:

Andy

The park can vary but as your going on a week day i would imagine it wouldn't be as busy as you expect. Yes there will probably be a lot of school trips, but i imagine the main attractions will go a bit quieter around lunch time, as they all seem to lunch about the same time. The best thing to do is play it by ear and try and get on the main attractions first thing or towards the end of the day. Most school trips leave a bit earlier, if i remember correctly.

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:13 pm

According to Chessington Buzz, Captains Fish and Chips restaurant is now open!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:23 pm

Staff training has commenced on Rattlesnake - possibly hinting at it being back in operation fairly soon!!!

Photo credit to Theme Park Guide.

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

They were hoping to get it open for the start of August. Well, that didn't happen.

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:24 pm

I was on park Saturday and it was testing pretty much all morning, with a few runs done late in the day. Definitely looks good for Halloween, a ride back in operation is exactly what they need at the moment.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888

Stan.H
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Rattlesnake is now open!!!

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Great news, as I said previously with Tomb Blaster and Safari Skyway still out of action, this is a good step for the park in terms of ride availability.

tinasmith
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:44 am

Is it good here? :) I want to take my kids one year x

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Chessington is a stunning park. There really is so much to do. The mixture of rides and attractions they have is superb, even for the bigger kids. And its not just about the theme park either. They have the zoo too! I would say its deffinately worht going one year.

Morgan
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Chessington is perfect for the whole family- it has kids rides (Land of the Dragons), family rides (Bubbleworks) and thrill rides (Rameses Revenge). It is a very relaxed atmosphere but it can get very busy- best thing is to leave either Vampire or Dragon's Fury last. I also recommend heading to Bubbleworks first, it gets hour plus queues as it is a main attraction.

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:55 pm

To echo what's already been said. Chessington is my home park and, like stated above, has something for everyone. The rides are themed to specific areas which adds the 'World of adventures' to the name. Another thing to consider is (depending on the age of your group) Tiny Truckers as it gets very long queues for what it is. The zoo helps to break up the day, dining options are fantastic and I would 100% recommend that you go ahead and give them a visit!

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:53 pm

Oh you should definitely visit Chessington. Its a lovely park with many great aspects. Granted if its thrills your after its probably not quite what you're looking for, but both Vampire and Dragon's Fury are exceptional coasters in their own right.

The park is, to put it simply, a nice break for the typical hustle and adrenaline of other theme parks. Its quite a serine place to visit, very nice and calming.

Though I should say what many others have said, it can get very, very busy. Its best to visit in term time if you can.

Doddy
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:49 am

Planing a solo visit on the 15th of October and so far the highest thing to do on my to do list is vampire but what else should I go out of my way to do?

Also for my return trip home I will be going by train so that means getting from Chessington south to Waterloo and then catching the tube to Paddington so I can return to the south west. I have already got tickets for all of this apart from the tube I know which line I have to take but ha en no idea on how to buy tickets for it.

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:10 am

I love Dragon's Fury and Kobra which are some of the best rides at Chessington apart from Vampire :) Also, if it's open, Tomb Blaster is good but if you fancy a break from the rides, there's a lot of great animals to look at too.

Tube tickets can be bought from the tube station at Waterloo to cover your journey :)

Hope you have a great time :)

Max
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:14 am

Along with Dragon's Fury, Kobra and Vampire, they have 2 amazing flat rides in Rameses Revenge and Black Buccaneer. Zufari is a good way to see the animals too. Have a good trip!