UK theme parks from another point of view!

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Re: General Chessington Discussion

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:22 am

Sorry for double post ...

Chessington's Top Ten Tips To Surviving Your Adventure What a load of rubbish. I personally break all of them. Do you follow any, and if so post below! (you need to locate the video, the link is only to the video section)

EDIT: Anyone for a 1987 map?
Last edited by Burniel on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:39 am

Ilovecoasters wrote:

Err that's the 1988 map, note smugglers galleon in top left. ;)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:23 pm

nemesisben110 wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

Err that's the 1988 map, note smugglers galleon in top left. ;)

Hmmm ... that's actually a very good point

ridefan22
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:00 am

The ride details for the Scorpion Express will I am sure be updated as March draws closer. They are keeping it as the Runaway Mine Train at the moment because I don't think they are sure what the rethemed ride will look like in real life. Easy to see what it looks like in plans and concept but not too sure until the whole thing is finished. I actually feel really, really positive about what the park are doing for this season and I think it will be a success. I also am very impressed with their half term line up for African Adventures. Tomb Blaster will be open along with Hocus Pocus Hall which is fantastic and there may be others. Feel like it might be the park's year this year.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:42 am

I don't get why people are getting excited about tomb blaster and hocus pocus. It's just a zoo day with tomb blaster added. I'll probably go with my MAP but only for a morning or so

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:13 am

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:54 am

Been there, read that. ;)

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 am

nemesisben110 wrote:
Been there, read that. ;)

You aren't the only one who reads this thread. I know it's a bit late, but I put the link up for the interest of everyone

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:29 am

Interesting article, although it doesn't mention if the restaurant will be re-built.  Hopefully it will at some point either during this closed season or next one.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:35 am

Luce wrote:
Interesting article, although it doesn't mention if the restaurant will be re-built.  Hopefully it will at some point either during this closed season or next one.

As I've said before, I didn't really like Creaky Café, but it was the only place to get food between Vampire's Burger Kitchen and Sandwich co in Land of the Dragons (unless you count the sweet shop :/) so it would be nice to see a new café there.

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:12 am

Ilovecoasters wrote:
but it was the only place to get food between Vampire's Burger Kitchen and Sandwich co in Land of the Dragons (unless you count the sweet shop :/) so it would be nice to see a new café there.

What about Fish and chips in pirate's cove, Market Square Pizza Pasta, Adventures Chicken Shacks (but to be fair that is in the zoo), The Coffee Hut in africa, and depending on how you get to land of the dragons, Mexican Cantina?

If i'm honest, most of the eateries are in that end anyway. The only major restaurant at the bottom end of the park is Fried Chicken Co.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:14 am

I'm still going for another café what else will they put there?

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:17 am

Ilovecoasters wrote:

Not any more!!
http://www.chessington.com/explore/transylvania.aspx

Just found this on the transylvania page, the cafe has now been removed from the eating and drinking section. It has still been their since the fire however.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:19 am

nemesisben110 wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

Not any more!!
http://www.chessington.com/explore/transylvania.aspx

Just found this on the transylvania page, the cafe has now been removed from the eating and drinking section. It has still been their since the fire however.

Chessington have probably only just got round to updating the page, of course it won't be rebuilt in time for the start of the season

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:22 am

I'm not saying it would have been rebuilt, im saying that they would have said if they have plans for a new restaurant.
Anyways, i'm still wondering what they will do with the cafe site in the mean time, it's facade hid part of the bubbleworks building.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:26 am

nemesisben110 wrote:
I'm not saying it would have been rebuilt, im saying that they would have said if they have plans for a new restaurant.
Anyways, i'm still wondering what they will do with the cafe site in the mean time, it's facade hid part of the bubbleworks building.

You're assuming that chessington update their website constantly and that they share all their news to the public straight away, they've given us a lot of news for the season already, what's to say that they won't have released café plans by March? Granted it might not happen this year with all that's going on, but I still think there's a strong chance of a new café being built.

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:41 am

I agree completely. I'm sure the managers have enough to cope with this closed season in terms of getting the park back to it's glory days. It would be way to much to expect them to already have plans for a new cafe as i'm sure they are busy getting the works on bubbleworks, market square and Scorpion Valley complete, not to mention the Amazu opening in the zoo as well as the next hotel. I'm just simply making the point that a new cafe wont come for some time 2015 perhaps, maybe even longer as its the only are with two full blown eaterys.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm fairly sure that I'm correct in saying the park opens on the 19th March? In which case why does it say it's the 20th on the FAQ Page?

The full theme park reopened on the 20th March 2013 and will remain open until 4th November.

I was also under the impression that the last day was 3rd November?

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Ilovecoasters wrote:
I'm fairly sure that I'm correct in saying the park opens on the 19th March? In which case why does it say it's the 20th on the FAQ Page?

The full theme park reopened on the 20th March 2013 and will remain open until 4th November.

That's left over from last year when it opened on the 20th and Zufari was a week late opening on 27th.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:12 pm

nemesisben110 wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

That's left over from last year when it opened on the 20th and Zufari was a week late opening on 27th.

I just looked back and it does say 2013 :lol:

They should really get that updated, because if someone like me missed the year ...