UK theme parks from another point of view!

[Archive]

Re: NEW ATTRACTION - ICE AGE 3 DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS ADVENTURE

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 pm

"Chessington World of Adventures" wrote:
Step out of this world into the Ice Age 3 Dawn of the Dinosaurs Adventure in association with Wall's Lemon Age Lolly at Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo this summer.
Yes, it is an event/show being held at Chessington. It started on the 20th June. More information on the Official Website.

Stampida Joe
TT Member
TT Member

Re: NEW ATTRACTION - ICE AGE 3 DAWN OF THE DINOSAURS ADVENTURE

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:29 pm

As far as i'm aware, it's a temporary walk-through attraction which is situated in the former "Family Centre" tent thing that is at the far end of BeanoLand behind the Bash Street Bus.

When it was the Family Centre, i dont think it ever really took off. It was only open on very busy peak days and even then it looked as though nobody was in there. I think they may be planning to use it as a temporary halloween walk through in October, which would be a really good idea i think.
The Ghost of the sea, the Ghost of the sea

TB2
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Chessington Ice Age 3: Summer Attraction 2009

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:45 am

The Ice Age thing is very well themed, the only problem with it, is that it's very short. Kids should enjoy it as it's far more immersive then some of the parks own efforts like Hocus Pocus Hall.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

[Archive]

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:55 am

Is it really that good?! Hocus Pocus Hall may simply be a long winding corridoor, but it has very good theming, sounds and lighting. What is the Ice Age attraction like? I haven't seen it.

James
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:12 pm

It's a walkthrough Ice Age 3 exhibit featuring all of the characters in their native environments and is located at the far end of Beanoland.

Here's the press release from Chessington:
VENTURE INTO THE ICE AGE AT CHESSINGTON WORLD OF ADVENTURES & ZOO

Experience a whole new world at Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo this summer inside the captivating Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs Adventure. The new attraction in association with Walls’ Lemon Age Lolly will be at the park from 20th June – 31st August 2009 to celebrate the release of the movie Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs on 1st July.

Join your favourite sub zero heroes, Sid, Scrat, Manny and Diego as they journey deep into the Ice Cave. Amidst the snow and ice you will be challenged to stretch your neck like Sid or make yourself look as big as Manny.

You’ll then be transported into the middle of the Jungle, but keep your balance as you try and make it across Lava Falls in Bucks Adventure Trail. Run amuck through the Chasm of Death and hop over the Hump Back Wooden Bridge. As you land back on safe ground you will be rewarded with a sneak preview of the new film.

Guests who visit the Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs Adventures will also have the chance to enter a fantastic prize draw, there are 10 main prizes of a Nintendo Wii with Ice Age 3 game and 20 runners up with each receive an Ice Age 3 game.

Image of the outside of the exhibit:
Image thanks to Colin from heyuguys.co.uk

:)

Stampida Joe
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:25 pm

A few weeks ago, when i was in the park, i walked past it and the theming looked very impressive from the outside. I never actually went in but i cant imagine it being very long as the tent itself is actually pretty small.
The Ghost of the sea, the Ghost of the sea

[Archive]

Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:49 pm

That looks brilliant! Thanks for the photo, Jlton. This event could attract lots of families to the theme park... well done Chessington (and Ice Age :P )

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks for the pic and info - it actually does look like a good little attraction!

Well done Chessington for getting something this summer!
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean

James
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:08 pm

From hearing what other people have told me, it's a great, well themed attraction but is short and could be longer.

Got some internal pictures for you all:

This attraction is an experimental event by Merlin, this might mean that if successful we might see something permanent like this in future?!

The two companies that were assigned by Merlin to create this attraction are DesignWerk and Helix.

There are more images on the Helix website which can be found here.

:)

amcmaster1
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:32 pm

I hope we do see a permanent attraction like this in the future - it really looks like a neat little attraction!
Wishing i was back in the Caribbean