UK theme parks from another point of view!

Fiyero
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Kobra Breakdown

Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 pm

"Gloomy Dude""][quote=""Fiyero" wrote:
It's interesting that Paultons Park had less issues but I would imagine it had lighter use.

Ah, but did it have fewer issues? Or do we just assume that it didn't because we don't track the operational success of small, semi-obscure kiddies parks in Hampshire quite as obsessively as a popular Merlin Park?[/quote]
There is that too. I was going to mention it but didn't want to hurt Paultons Park's feelings 8)

davewasbaloo
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:52 pm

She was back up and running while we were there today (and we were really impressed with Wild Asia overall - awesome)

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:46 am

"Gloomy Dude""][quote=""Fiyero" wrote:
It's interesting that Paultons Park had less issues but I would imagine it had lighter use.

Ah, but did it have fewer issues? Or do we just assume that it didn't because we don't track the operational success of small, semi-obscure kiddies parks in Hampshire quite as obsessively as a popular Merlin Park?[/quote]

I'm quite a frequent visitor of Paultons, and I can confirm that they had no such issues.

AstroDan

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 am

I wonder whether French provincial park "Nigloland" suffered a similar spate of problems upon opening "Le Grizzli", which is also identical to Kobra.

:P

Matt
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:44 am

This happened when i was on Kobra 2 wednesdays ago.
I dont know what to think about the getting out of the harness thing,when i tried to stand up a little to sort my shorts out druing the breakdown i got told off on the p.a. ha

For anyone interested. Kobra is Evacuated using some big portable stairs, a staff member releases your seats from the bottom somewhere one by one. its really quick. Chessy staff were great, no messing about we were straight off and back round for when its fixed.

As for getting the ride back ober the hump, i think its just a case of manually powering the other side cus in an automatic cycle that side isnt powered at first i shouldnt think... and i assume thats why it breaks when it goes over the hump one go before its supposed to. just a calculated guess :)

Great ride though!

MattOblivion.

Islander
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:40 pm

"Matt" wrote:
As for getting the ride back ober the hump, i think its just a case of manually powering the other side cus in an automatic cycle that side isnt powered at first i shouldnt think... and i assume thats why it breaks when it goes over the hump one go before its supposed to. just a calculated guess :)

I'm fairly certain it's powered the whole way - would strike me as silly/stupid to only power part of it. Besides, I'm sure there are busbars along the entire track.

[Archive]

Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:19 pm

No, otherwise the ride would not be able to work during testing. What would be the point of having a ride that couldn't test and couldn't work without fat people using it?

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:03 am

"damos1""][quote=""electricBlll" wrote:
No, otherwise the ride would not be able to work during testing. What would be the point of having a ride that couldn't test and couldn't work without fat people using it?

That's why they're loaded with dummies.[/quote]

They don't test first thing in the morning with dummies, do they? I believe it is something to do with one of the drive motors being out of sync. So it's driving forwards slightly longer where as the other one is driving backwards. Which is causing it to stall every so often depending on where the disk is located on the ride when the tires / motors run out of sync.

Chaz
TT Member
TT Member

Kobra Breakdown

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:23 pm

Dummies (filled with water, or sometimes sand) are used during initial testing of a new attraction, for many, many hours. They are also used if a ride fails and endures downtime for a long period and therefore re-tests.

Usual everyday tests do not require dummies, as these basically simulate the weight of people and therefore are used to test speed, stopping time, sensor efficiency etc.

Everyday tests just require block section tests, obviously restraint tests and circuit tests. Only if a problem occurs that requires weight do they use the dummies- these take ages to fill and unfill.

Hope this helps :)
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

[url=http://www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7[/url]

Chris
Team Admin
Team Admin

Re: Kobra

Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Here's our new sunny Kobra POV to brighten your cold and dark Sunday evening. Is it a must-ride on your visit?

Michelle
Team TTSP
Team TTSP

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:34 pm

Can't say Kobra has ever been a 'must do' purely based on the queue times it usually gets, it is a fun ride though, as long as I tie my hair up first :lol

Justin
Contributor
Contributor

Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:10 pm

I do enjoy Kobra, but I do agree, the queue times can put you off. Time it right and you can walk straight on or with a short wait :)