UK theme parks from another point of view!

markfranklin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

The Weather House

Wed May 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Does anyone know what happened to the Weather House from Chessington?  Last year it was the other side of the pond (ie adjascent to Toadie's Crazy Cars).  It was an ex-ToyTown relic where you pressed a button and either a man with an umbrella (+Umbrella Song) or a lady with an ice cream (+Sun Has Got His Hat On) would appear.

It needed to shift for Madagascar but I can't find it if it has moved.  My fear is that they have binned it, as it was one of my daughter's favourite bits of a Chessington visit, and she keeps asking me where it is!!

Rollermad
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Chessington - The Weather House

Wed May 02, 2012 8:01 pm

Might be re themed and now in mexicana or Transylvania ;)

Rocket
TT Member
TT Member

Chessington - The Weather House

Wed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm

During the zoo days it had been moved to a temporary place behind barriers (but seemed in tact) rather than just demolishing it, so there could be a chance of it popping up somewhere else.

markfranklin
TT Member
TT Member
Topic Author

Thu May 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Out of interest I got in touch with Chessie, they said that it has gone on the basis that it no longer fits in with the theming (i.e. was ToyTown).  No indication that it would return.  Shame I don't have the space... I could have made an offer for it and kept my daughter amused in the back garden for weeks...

Themeparksandy1981
TT Member
TT Member

Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 am

They could put it just inside the park entrance