UK theme parks from another point of view!

Kirsty25

Re: New Chessington Junior Coaster

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:
Fine then, we won't have a new chessington much needed water ride.

Never mind. No rapids at chessington, then

No water coaster

No dingy slide

And they better stop the work they're doing on rameses and dragon falls...

Clearly if my point is invalid we need none of the above ...

Calm down, gosh...
Bubble works=chessy version of rapids
Dragons falls=log flume (dingy slide type)

And water coasters are not as popular any more, although it would be interesting it won't happen, they just need a good dark ride.

How is bubbleworks chessys version of the rapids...

Bubbleworks is Chessys version of CATCF as its an indoor water ride!

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Kirsty25 wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

No water coaster

No dingy slide

Calm down, gosh...

And water coasters are not as popular any more, although it would be interesting it won't happen, they just need a good dark ride.

It's basically rumba rapids with some freaky animatronics tbh, drop+rough part. Really they don't need another water ride, it rains too much here tbh

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Thrillmad wrote:
Kirsty25 wrote:
Thrillmad wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

No water coaster

No dingy slide

Calm down, gosh...

It's basically rumba rapids with some freaky animatronics tbh, drop+rough part. Really they don't need another water ride, it rains too much here tbh

That is an insult to rumba rapids. Went on it twice today, and it's as good as ever.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there, thrillmad.

nemesisben110 wrote:
Can i just say that your ideas of a rapids ride would go great on the land next to fury and black buccaneer

Can I just say I love this idea

Luce
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Personally, I think a rapids ride would be quite good at Chessington but equally, some kind of family rollercoaster would be good too. 

We all have differing opinions such is the nature of being an enthusiast :)

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:11 pm

I personally think that it would be fine to have Toadie's Crazy Cars removed, as it is not one of the overly popular rides, at least not now anyway, particularly seeing as it is so similar to the more current Tiny Truckers. It's a very old ride, which I don't believe has been taken much care of at all by the park in recent years, and somehow it feels out of place. However, I don't think a junior coaster would be the best thing to replace it, as the Runaway Train is already kind of the resident kiddie rollercoaster at Chessington, and the park will be able to sell it as a focal young attraction for the 2014 season thanks to the refurbishments which have been taking place in 2013. As others of you have been suggesting, I think that a water coaster, or ride of some sort, would be a perfect replacement for it. Sure, we already have Bubbleworks, Dragon Falls, Monkey Swinger and Rameses Revenge (or at least we will next year, if we can rely on the Chessington website), but all these rides have their own unique selling point, and another water ride, for example rapids, rubber dinghy ride or water coaster, wouldn't do their popularity any harm. As bensaund suggested, even a slow boat ride would work well around the zoo area of the park. This would actually attract the public's attention to the zoo, which is often overlooked by the public (myself included) in favour of the rides. However, I believe a rapids ride would be a great thing to bring to Chessington, as with it brings the whole element of the family ethic, and it's one of those rides that literally almost anyone can enjoy, families in particular. Also, it would mean that the removal of Toadie's wouldn't take away a ride that youngsters could enjoy without replacing it, as they would also be able to ride a rapids. A rubber dinghy ride could work to this effect too, although I am concerned that it may overshadow the appeal of Thorpe's Storm Surge. Also, I suppose a water coaster could function as a family ride as well, although it really all depends on how steep the drops were. Plus it could end up being too similar to Dragon Falls, and although it could be closed for the 2014 season for refurbishment, what about after that? So personally I feel that a rapids or slow boat ride would be the best thing to replace Toadie's were it to be removed (not that this has been confirmed at all).

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:26 pm

My idea for a rapids ride:

Dragons themed rapids, as conveniently near land of the dragons. Say in your boats of 6, you leave the station to a small drop. You turn the corner, and see some dragons, either side of you, mouths open, jets of water coming out. Next, round a slow, rocky and wet corner, and then, thanks to some powerful water jets, the boat is pushed fast outwards, quickly through a small (and not too strong) waterfall. To sharply turn the corner and see a sign warning you to go back. Waterfalls are either side of you now (similar to AT) and the boat is moving fast. A sign saying "beware - dragon's lair" is just visible before you enter a cave, barely lit up. Dragons either side randomly squirt water before turning a corner, where you can see the cave's exit. A dragon is on the roof, head hanging down. Water pours down powerfully from his mouth and the boat goes right through it! Riders are soaked! After leaving the cave, the boat turns a corner and goes up a lift hill that gets it back to the station.

It's ambitious, but ...

obliviongirl
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Ilovecoasters wrote:
My idea for a rapids ride:

Dragons themed rapids, as conveniently near land of the dragons. Say in your boats of 6, you leave the station to a small drop. You turn the corner, and see some dragons, either side of you, mouths open, jets of water coming out. Next, round a slow, rocky and wet corner, and then, thanks to some powerful water jets, the boat is pushed fast outwards, quickly through a small (and not too strong) waterfall. To sharply turn the corner and see a sign warning you to go back. Waterfalls are either side of you now (similar to AT) and the boat is moving fast. A sign saying "beware - dragon's lair" is just visible before you enter a cave, barely lit up. Dragons either side randomly squirt water before turning a corner, where you can see the cave's exit. A dragon is on the roof, head hanging down. Water pours down powerfully from his mouth and the boat goes right through it! Riders are soaked! After leaving the cave, the boat turns a corner and goes up a lift hill that gets it back to the station.

It's ambitious, but ...

That is ingenious. Sometimes I really wish that the parks would actually listen to our ideas... :P

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 pm

I'd quote like to see one of these at Chessington: http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family- ... ch-coaster

Unique (for the UK at least), reasonably thrilling but still family friendly.

iBacon
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:35 pm

abigsmurf wrote:
I'd quote like to see one of these at Chessington: http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family- ... ch-coaster

It wouldn't be unique for the UK as there is one at Flamingo Land Yorkshire.
Thanks to Lewis97 for my Amazing Signature!

Danny
TT Member
TT Member

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:44 pm

abigsmurf wrote:

I'd rather an intamin family launch, there's only one been built as far as I know called juvelen or something like that, looks really fun and smooth and is seated on quad bikes

lf2001
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Chessington - The Future

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:07 am

I hope in the next few years the park add a B&M or something like that. I just feel the park is missing something, and a B&M would be a great addition.

Jared
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:11 am

lf2001 wrote:
I hope in the next few years the park add a B&M or something like that. I just feel the park is missing something, and a B&M would be a great addition.

I can tell you for a fact now that Chessington will not get a B&M coaster that isn't a family coaster. It just won't happen.

Burniel
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:55 am

lf2001 wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm with Jared here, this won't happen. I guess a 13 style safari coaster is possible, but still highly unlikely. :(

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:23 am

An Intamin multi-launch like Cheetah Hunt with one or two inversions could be possible, chuck it on the campsite, theme it to Mystic East, and bam, new coaster, on mostly unused space.

The only area of the park they can really built something with any sort of height is around Wild Asia, Peeking Heights kind of area, the trees are nice and high, they managed to get Fury and Peeking in. Maybe a Intamin woodie? Nope, too unlikely, I'd be happy with an Intamin multi inversion, with a couple of corkscrews and a Heartline.

Owen
TT Member
TT Member

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 am

I mean, it sounds daft, but I really think a nice short B&M dive coaster would be perfect, a 1.4 height restriction just to, well add a little extra something for adults and teens. Make it have the same floorless cars as Krake to reduce noise ect. I think it would be a good addition to the park.

Ladyofthelake
TT Member
TT Member

Sat May 31, 2014 8:49 pm

Chessington has submitted a planning application for new animal enclosures and an interactive play area.

There's not many details available yet as the application is still being checked and validated, but it will be interesting to see what exactly this new development involves.

Any ideas what we might see?

Dom
Fabulous
Fabulous

Sat May 31, 2014 11:03 pm

What animals have they already got?

jon18uk
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 am

Dom wrote:

The main area (trail of the kings) has gorillas, tigers, lions and Binaturong. They used to have a Leoperd too but he left.

There is also the Monkey area (now Amazu) with Spider Monkeys, Tamarind Monkeys and others.

Sea life (almost identical to Alton Towers selection of fish).

A few other animal areas too such as Otters and Capybara and the Childrens zoo with pigs, turkeys, goats etc.

I would expect that the refurbishment would be mainly of the trail of the kings area, although it is less than 10 years since last refurbished.

BenBowser
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Dom wrote:

Here ya go:
http://www.chessington.com/explore/chessington-zoo/chessington-zoo-listing.aspx

This doesn't include Sea Life animals.