UK theme parks from another point of view!

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Chessington - The Future

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:10 pm

As posted on SouthParks, information about a new Rainforest land at CWOA has been revealed. The new land will contain three rides and a small number of animals, and is inspired by the Resort's work with the World Land Trust.

Included in the new land will be a new junior log flume named River Rafts, a redesign of Toadie's Crazy Cars to a driving adventure Jungle Rangers, and the area will also include Treetop Hoppers. Some of the Resort's animals, including giant tortoise and capybara, will also move to this new area. Alongside this development is the re-theme and relocation of Flying Jumbos to become Elmer's Flying Jumbos.

Coaster Chall
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:50 pm

I think that this is a fantastic investment. Once again, a section of the park that has got the official Chessington treatment, I did think that the area needed a theme of some sort and Toadies Crazy Cars is a classic ride. Plus this mini log flume is perfect for those underneath the height requirement for Tiger Rock and Treetop Hoppers would get a nice new lick of paint to make it look fresh.

As for Elmer's Flying Jumbos, absolutely brilliant IP and very rare for the UK

Harry347
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:43 am

I wonder if Jungle Rangers will include any show scenes or if it will just be plywood cut outs or maybe even some 3D models spaced around the track? 

I think this is a really smart move from the park, they haven't brought any new ride systems, just moved a few and refurbished them. It's a good way of getting a "new" area out of already existing rides and attractions. 

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:41 pm

Electric vehicle manufacturer Miniportworld appear to be partnering with Chessington to install their minisafariworld product into the park. Whilst details are unknown, the ride type consists of electric vehicles styled upon a Land Rover Defender that children under 10 can drive around a set out course. With installations at UK zoo's and wildlife parks including ZSL Whipsnade Zoo and Twycross Zoo, the ride type looks extremely suitable to be the Jungle Rangers ride. If so, it will have meant the full removal of Toadies Crazy Cars, and not a re-theme as was initially believed.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:25 pm

Can those manage the kind of capacity that Chessington would need? They need quite a lot of supervision and hands on help from ride attendants which limits how many you'd have out at a time.

Swarm Chris
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:42 pm

Presumably the throughput on those would be terrible without a significant number, and would require staff to drag them out of wherever they'd been crashed into, much like Legoland Driving School.

Due to the throughput issues, it's possible this could be a separate additional charge thing, like the random animal cars they added last year on the space Flying Jumbos is going this year. At the moment it's a little unclear, the advertising image shows something much more similar to Toadies Crazy Cars for Jungle Rangers, yet the text matches what these things could do very well.

But it's modern day Chessington, where capacity doesn't seem to figure into too many of the decision making processes.

abigsmurf
TT Member
TT Member

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:47 pm

Wonder if they could have a guide track, Autopia style.

ATI
TT Member
TT Member

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:49 pm

I feel Merlin is investing quite a lot into Chessington as of the last few years, and next year. Wouldn't surprise me if we see a new coaster down the line. The park really lacks a small-scale kiddie coaster, and a newer family-thrill coaster. Really hope those plans of the park adding an Intamin family launch, ala Juvelen, come to fruition at some point.
We were born to fly...