UK theme parks from another point of view!

Htjc_
TT Member
TT Member

Re: Thorpe Park Resort - General Discussion

Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi everyone,

Jack Silkstone recently uploaded a video on the new Thorpe Park merch available. At the end of the video there was a teaser for a new video that will be outlining some of the changes for the 2020 season.

This will likely be mainly specific changes Thorpe have made due to Covid-19, however there was a shot of Slammer for a second. I doubt this means anything in the way of a reopening but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Even if it's just about Covid-19 changes I still think it may have some useful information in there for anyone visiting soon.

The video is linked here: https://youtu.be/gvPmWjgukO8

Please! No more IP's Thorpe! I'm begging you!

KaiPhillips
TT Member
TT Member

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:43 pm

Htjc_ wrote:
Hi everyone,

Jack Silkstone recently uploaded a video on the new Thorpe Park merch available. At the end of the video there was a teaser for a new video that will be outlining some of the changes for the 2020 season.

This will likely be mainly specific changes Thorpe have made due to Covid-19, however there was a shot of Slammer for a second. I doubt this means anything in the way of a reopening but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Even if it's just about Covid-19 changes I still think it may have some useful information in there for anyone visiting soon.

The video is linked here: https://youtu.be/gvPmWjgukO8

Did notice some interesting things at the end of that video!

The shot of Slammer is likely because this is where the entrance to Black Mirror Labyrinth will be :)
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA

Dan
Forum Leader
Forum Leader

Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:28 am

KaiPhillips wrote:

The shot of Slammer is likely because this is where the entrance to Black Mirror Labyrinth will be :)

I don't think that clip of Slammer at the end of the video will have any relevance to the 2020 season.

Slammer is dead and Black Mirror Labyrinth has already been confirmed to be delayed until 2021.

KaiPhillips
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:01 pm

Dan wrote:
KaiPhillips wrote:

I don't think that clip of Slammer at the end of the video will have any relevance to the 2020 season.

Slammer is dead and Black Mirror Labyrinth has already been confirmed to be delayed until 2021.

Yes Black Mirror Labyrinth is opening in 2021 however I think we can safely assume that work constructing the entrance and any kind of facade has already commenced or been completed.  
#1 Schwur des Karnan #2 Taron #3 The Smiler #4 Colossos - KdG #5 The Swarm #6 Flug der Damonen #7 Nemesis #8 Wicker Man #9 Shambala #10 Rock n Rollercoaster (Fl)
#1 Phantasialand #2 Alton Towers #3 PortAventura #4 WDW Hollywood Studios #5 Universal IOA

Dan says hi
TT Member
TT Member

Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:21 pm

These are the rides which have been taken off the app so presumably won’t be reopening on Saturday:
• Lumber Jump
• Rocky Express
• Timber Tug Boat
• DBGT: ROTD
• The Walking Dead: The Ride
• Rumba Rapids
• Depth Charge
• Tidal Wave
• Rush

From what I’ve seen, Rush has got other non-covid related issues, and won’t be open for quite some time!